Testers needed for a new JaS OsX86 10.5.2 Intel SSE2 SSE3 release !

JaS

322 posts in this topic

So far every tester that has downloaded the test install has hit and run on the torrent and also the testers are not posting back info about the install, just saying it worked and then they are gone.

{censored}!...

Hi JaS!

Here is an idea for your new release!

Is there any posibility to make DVD, that JaSt upgrate Mac OS 10.4.X to your 10.5.2 without additional instalation and saving old drivers?

I think it would the most gretet release for last time! Realy! It woul be greate!

With big respect, Vitaly

Hi JaS,

Welcome back !!! I've been using almost all your releases over the past few years, with 10.4.8 as my absolute highlight! Super stable!

I've been testing ToH 10.5 and Kalyway 10.5.1 so far, but I'm very curious about your new release.

I would give the testers some more days... maybe they will react.

My specs:

P4, 3,0 Ghz, SSE3

2 GB RAM

MSI 848P NEO motherboard

X800XT ATI videocard

Grtz, AntarcticP

Well right now I am having a problem with the testers, So I am not sure I will continue with the testing program. So far every tester that has downloaded the test install has hit and run on the torrent and also the testers are not posting back info about the install, just saying it worked and then they are gone.

So I will need to decide what I am going to do. tho I can not test under these conditions.

BETA TESTING IS NOT A CHANCE TO GET A WORKNG INSTALLATION OF 10.5.2 FOR YOURSELF.IT IS TO HELP GET A WORKING INSTALLATION READY FOR THE GENERAL PUBLIC!

So until I have some reports from the testers I already set up with the install dvd, I will not be taking any more request to join the group.

It is a shame that the testers spoil it for everyone waiting for your release.

just a suggestion..Maybe you should let all the existing testers go and start over.. this time predefine what testers are responsible for and what sort of feedback you need out of them.

And if they still act like this after they are told the requirements, You could list their names so everyone knows who they are and they don't get invited to future beta tests.

hi jas, i'd like to testing your version.. if you want, sent me a pm.. my configuration is in the signature... i'd like to have added support for many alc card (like mine) and support with geforce video card (but i thing that you have integrated the leopard graphics update in the installation dvd...)...

bye jas and thanks for your hard works! :D

Would it make sence to test with my Asus P5N32-E SLI board for you? Would that help you? I mean because nForce needs so much more attention than other mobos to get running. Or is it no goal for you to make it for these mainboards too?

hey man i am glad to see you are back, your releases have been the best since i have tried pretty much all of them, i have a fully functional dell dimension 8400 with a 7300 gt asus card running on zephyrot's amd 10.5.1 . updated tru pacifist to 10.5..2 funny since my processor is intel p4 3 gigz , anyways my nick would be wolfiie just as in here, what is the irc room? not used to irc but i am willing to help, and i have a spare drive to test with one ide, my main install is on a sata and the dvd lite on is sata too, let me know what can i do if anything, you are one of the best with maxxus, now if maxxus was back it would be great to have you both, , not trying to put down the rest of the groups but i have been on this for a long time and i do have a preference for your releases, let me know what can i do for you

sure guys just follow these directions to become a tester

"So want to help me out and test the new iso?

sure all I need from you is a pm here on the forum with your nick you will use on irc, links to any and all drivers / tweaks you used to get your hardware working, and a spare hdd / partiton you can test the new install on."

Hey JaS,

I'm attempting to download now and I will see if it boots, but I can't do an install test because I don't have a spare HD or partition :(

EDT: Like 1 person is seeding this, I'm getting 10 kiblobytes/second!!

JaS, just a suggestion, but it would be a billion times easier and faster if this was uploaded to Megaupload or any direct connection for that matter

Woot! Thanks for all of your effort and work, I look forward to using this release once finished :D

It was thru a Jas release that got me onto osx on pc and am grateful to see the man back.

Same here.

I don't know if i could be of any help but if there's a chance, I love to help!

PM me if you need any help in testing. My spec is as in my sig.

ps: i know very little terminal...

Jas am kinda new to mac os but am willing to help out how ever i could, am currently using iATKOS but having to much problems and at this point am willing to try anything.

i know u mostly need SSE2 testers but i will be more than willing to help out with the SSE3 part of your little project.

If someone wants to point me to the torrent, I could download and re-upload to Rapidshare via my premium account. I can upload from my University's very high upload speed connection. I am also more than willing to test this on my hardware (see my sig) and report back.