Testers needed for a new JaS OsX86 10.5.2 Intel SSE2 SSE3 release !

JaS

322 posts in this topic

Well after some time away from the OsX86 scene and some much needed rest, I have decided to release a 10.5.2 intel sse2 sse3 install dvd. Due to the tons of requests I have received all over the forums and in pm and email.

I also know that there are two other people/groups releasing leo dvds atm and I am not trying to take anything away from them by releasing a new iso. This is just to fill the requests I am receiving, and also I think it will be fun to make a install dvd for leo.

This started out as a dvd I was making for myself and has turned into a new release.

So want to help me out and test the new iso?

sure all I need from you is a pm here on the forum with your nick you will use on irc, links to any and all drivers / tweaks you used to get your hardware working, and a spare hdd / partiton you can test the new install on.

What point am I at with the new beta iso? Well I need sse2 testers ( no testing for sse2 has been done yet), also sse3 testers. The dvd will install and make the hhd bootable, as this is the bases for any install dvd and this needs to be working and fully tested prior to a public release. The iso has some basic drivers and will get you to the desktop, and support for common hardware. Though I need drivers and info from users to get the best support for old and new hardware. Because that is what It's all about for me. The widest range of hardware support possible, so no one that can try os x will be left behind. To quote maxxuss " no one left behind" :) I like that idea and have tried to keep it alive in my releases.

So lets make a new install dvd and make it the best damned install dvd we can!

Want to help then just send me the pm and lets get started.

Also everyone can thank np101137 for getting me to start back up with osx86 b/c I was good and gone till he got a hold of me lol.

EDIT 1: Special thanks go out to Dense for his great Slipstream technology. It has allowed me to put my focus back on compiling packages for the widest range of hardware support and multiple package compatibility, and is one of the reasons this install is possible.

Well; I would be happy to test your release. I have a Rapidshare account, so if you could upload it there, that would be great.

I have 3 Computers at home 2 Desktops & 1 laptop

You can send me a PM with your contact info.

sure guys just follow these directions to become a tester

"So want to help me out and test the new iso?

sure all I need from you is a pm here on the forum with your nick you will use on irc, links to any and all drivers / tweaks you used to get your hardware working, and a spare hdd / partiton you can test the new install on."

JaS, welcome back friend.

I collected a lot of of your works, I worshiped you very much.

JaS 10.4.7

JaS 10.4.8 ppf

10.4.8-PPF-Diskutil-Biker880-ICH7R

JaS AMD-Intel-SSE2-SSE3 with PPF1 & PPF2

JaS.10.4.10.combo.intel.sse3.update

JaS, welcome back friend.

I collected a lot of of your works, I worshiped you very much.

JaS 10.4.7

JaS 10.4.8 ppf

10.4.8-PPF-Diskutil-Biker880-ICH7R

JaS AMD-Intel-SSE2-SSE3 with PPF1 & PPF2

JaS.10.4.10.combo.intel.sse3.update

Well I am glad you found the installs useful. I also hope that when the new one is released it works as well for you.

I would be glad to test. I just Pm'd you with a list of drivers and very small & useful apps I use with leopard. It took me 2 hours to compile the list so I hope its useful.

I also have a desktop p4 northwood SSE2 system that I would like to get leopard running on (currently has XxX tiger 10.4.11 running on it). I use an old driver for video Callisto 003 and AGP gart lite 1.1. Those are all on XxX's 10.4.11 release so that is why I used that. I hope you can make your 10.5.2 release and include some older drivers like these, if they will load in Leopard I'm willing to test it. Here is a forum where they list the Callisto driver for x200 chips: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=26989

THANKS JaS

Hey Jas, welcome back to your place in the osx86 world.

im using your 10.4.8 release and it is the finest mac os i had use (i work with really mac too).

i will be very honored if you put me on the boat!

I would also like to help with this iso. I used the jas 10.4.8 with sse2,sse3 amd support and it works well with my laptop. Now i want to help you with 10.5.2. I'm using a sse2 processor tried some leopard iso but the only problem is the videocard(gma900).