10.4.4 install success

Mugz

96 posts in this topic

I just ordered the exact same motherboard and I'm getting a celeron d 2.9 ghz chip. I got a black micro tower case and great dvd drive. I can't wait to build a OSX only machine. right now I'm dual booting on my main pc. I'm now trying to put 10.4.4 on it and have a few problems. However that's in another thread.

Magicman

Well I don't have a screenshot sorry to say, but I was able, after two days of trying, to get 10.4.4 installed on my laptop.

Had to use the ppf patch that is out there. Once applied I burned a new DVD, booted from it, set the partition of the hard drive to Unix, customized a bit of the install, and once it rebooted OSX loaded with no problems, but...

I have a Dell Inspiron 1100, and everything wass detected with no problems, except for the nic.

In the System Profiler, under Network, Locations it lists the "Built-in Ethernet" and it seems to see it, but does not use it at all. The onboard nic is a broadcom 440x 10/100. Is there anyone that can give me a walk-thru as to how (if it is possible) to get it up and running?

I tried using the install DVD that has been floating around on torrent sites, I got a MBR error (ch0 error i think) after I installed.

Maybe Maxxus's install DVD will be better (If RA_WILL_KILL is telling the truth). I really want to play WoW and have soundcard support.

anyone install 10.4.5?

i did,but i think its slowly then 10.4.4 so 10.4.4 working smooth for me,any idea?

Please make a new thread if you want to talk about 10.4.5, as you'll notice, the topic of this one begins with 10.4.4. :)

hi there, i'm new in this things, can anybody help me to install 10.4.4 on my pc, i hava a 120gb hd with windows in it and a 80gb clean hd!!! please, because i really don't know what to do!!!!!!!! :dev:

Well I don't have a screenshot sorry to say, but I was able, after two days of trying, to get 10.4.4 installed on my laptop.

Had to use the ppf patch that is out there. Once applied I burned a new DVD, booted from it, set the partition of the hard drive to Unix, customized a bit of the install, and once it rebooted OSX loaded with no problems, but...

I have a Dell Inspiron 1100, and everything wass detected with no problems, except for the nic.

In the System Profiler, under Network, Locations it lists the "Built-in Ethernet" and it seems to see it, but does not use it at all. The onboard nic is a broadcom 440x 10/100. Is there anyone that can give me a walk-thru as to how (if it is possible) to get it up and running?

I installed 10.4.4 on my Dell Inspiron 9300 yesterday and I'm also experiencing the same thing with my Broadcom 440x 10/100 network car. I'm also having trouble getting my video card (nvidia 6800 go) & wireless network card (Intel Pro 2200) working properly as well. Can somebody please help me out?

Mines working, system spec in my siggie.

I copied the kexts below from 10.4.3:

AppleAC97Audio.kext

ApplePS2Controller.kext

IOATAFamily.kext

IO80211Family.kext

IONetworkingFamily.kext

Works like a charm, except for the little bug in iTunes. Luckily I had the plist files from 10.4.3.

Image of my 10.4.4

Sky

I copied IOATAFamily ad IOUSBFamily, but when I restart i get a "Waiting for remote debugger connection" and stucks.

Any Idea?

EDIT: If I run in safe mode it works but without audio