MB> ASUS P5GD1-VM (i915)

RAM> 1Gb

HDD>IBM 80Gb SATA

Video, Sound, Network - integrated

1044.jpg

Perfomance on this computer:

10.4.3 - 40.28

10.4.4 - 53.86

nice... What did you do special to get it working? does that cpu have SSE3, or using new Maxxuss patch? :dev:

This CPU have SSE3 and NX support... I use maxxuss patch and few kext from 10.4.3 instalations.

Short instruction (HOW TO INSTALL) is below.

---

Here are the steps that I took (besides destroying my 10.4.3 parition the first time around)

Made 3 Partitions:

Backup

2. Installed 10.4.3 onto partition 1

3. Edited the files to allow me to install 10.4.4

4. Ran OSInstall.pkg and installed 10.4.4 onto partition 2

5. Copied Maxxuss patches (.3) onto partition 2

6. deleted mach_kernel and replaced it with the patched version

7. copied the following kexts for me:

AppleAC97Audio

AppleAzaliaAudio

ApplePS2Controller

IONetworkingFamily

IOATAFamily

8. Terminal:

sudo -s

chown root:wheel /Volumes/10.4.4/mach_kernel

chown -R root:wheel /Volumes/10.4.4/System/Library/Extensions/*

chmod -R 755 /Volumes/10.4.4/System/Library/Extensions/*

diskutil repairPermissions /Volumes/10.4.4

9. rebooted

10. booted off the 10.4.4 parition with "-x -v -s"

11. ran the fsck, umount commands

12. ran maxxuss replace.sh, but did not run adduser.sh and:

kextcache -e -z -a i386

kextcache -k /System/Library/Extensions -z -a i386

13. rebooted

14. success

15. Darwine v.9.7 works perfectly as does Warcraft III: Frozen Throne

SOFTWARE UPDATES WORK PERFECT!

Cool dude. But alas, I can't get past step 4 - Installing 10.4.4. I edited the two files as per Maxxuss website, but when I try to install, it tells me there were errors during the installation and to try again. I double checked, and I'm sure I did everything right, but it still doesn't work. Am I the only one? I guess I'll try installing with Pacifist instead.

Anyway to do this from scratch?

I have the installer on its own partition, and another blank partition (for it to install to), and a Windows partition.

I'm having trouble getting it to boot to the installer partition (although, i hadn't applied any patches when i dd'd, now i'm dd-ing the patched ISO-- is there anyway to patch a disk, instead of the iso?).

Windows/OSx86 n00b, go easy on me :P

Same problem here.

Cool dude. But alas, I can't get past step 4 - Installing 10.4.4. I edited the two files as per Maxxuss website, but when I try to install, it tells me there were errors during the installation and to try again. I double checked, and I'm sure I did everything right, but it still doesn't work. Am I the only one? I guess I'll try installing with Pacifist instead.

Same problem here.

I too have the same problem!

Nothing stands out in terms of why in the system.log and install.log files.

Many of the packages install on their own but not the base system

Have tried installing from a R/W disk image and another physical drive, same errors

System is-

Celeron D 2.8

1 gb RAM

Geforce 6600GT

I had the same problem!

This is how I got it solved:

I mounted the Restore-dmg-file! Than I opened Dis Utility and created a new Image from the mounted restore-dmg with the read-write option. After the new dmg was created mounted this one and only modified the OSInstall.pkg! Thats iT!

I was able to install but when boot iusing -s I recieve an error for itunes phone driver and usb mass storage device...then no command prompt to continue. ??

Also, I may be a bit confused on the placement of the maxxuus stuff as it is split into various folders. Any help would be appreciated.

T

Hey all congrats on success.

I run 10.4.1 native on amd 64 venice w/ asus a8n-vm mobo (it flies, can only get it to boot if i use x86/acpi switch otherwise kernel errors)

could never get 10.4.3 to run native cause of 'acpi no driver platform' stuff and no one was able to solve.

seems to be something w/ mobo as i can pull out same HD and get it to run on an old socket 423 pIV (it's old dell and only has 128 meg of rambus so i can't get into gui and i don't want to waste money on rambus carp)

i can run 10.4.3 under vmware.

question is, with my mobo do you think i will to run into same problem w/ 10.4.4 ?

Same problem here.

Yup, same here - deselected everything but 2 printer drivers. Quits early during the "Installing Base System Part 1" with a "There were errors installing the software - Please try installing again."

I've not tried with deselecting EVERYTHING, but might as well give that a try.

Yup, same here - deselected everything but 2 printer drivers. Quits early during the "Installing Base System Part 1" with a "There were errors installing the software - Please try installing again."

I've not tried with deselecting EVERYTHING, but might as well give that a try.

I tried with all options and with none selected.

I also tired the individual packages in the /Packages folder, most installed but not the base system.

Looks like I will have to stick with 10.4.3 for now. :)

In order to get your "Install Error... try again" problem fixed, Instead of copying Packages in your desktop :angry: do what Maxxuss writes in bold letters.. copy it into a TOP-LEVEL of a partition (it can be your current 10.4.3 partition) as long as its TOP-LEVEL

Then run your stuff and it should work

Jim