• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

thejj924

thejj924

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
1. Select songs from your Itunes Library.
2. Go to Get Info and go to Options.
3. Change the Start Time and Stop Time to the Part of the Song you wish to have as your ringtone. You are only allowed up to 30 seconds for a ringtone.
4. Right Click and go to Convert Selection to AAC.
5. Go to the Folder where you have Itunes Music Located. (X:/Document and Settings/My Music/Itunes/Itunes Music/).
6. Zip or RAR the File(s).
7. Right Click and rename the file. It is in format (.m4a) you have to rename it to (.m4r)
8. Unzip or UnRAR the File(s).
9. Read the file to Itunes. EDIT: Add it to you iTunes Library, you can draggit it.

It works, i have tried it several times for my Iphone and is currently runnning on 1.1.3

eXcalibUr88

eXcalibUr88

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts
tried your method and sync but cant find the ringtone in my iphone. using 1.1.4

Ayanami

Ayanami

How very.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts
I'm fine with the three ringtones I have....
Bought one song, made three ringtones out of it.

Then again, there were some songs from that album that I wanted to make ringtones out of, and didn't have ringtone option.
On second thought, I might give it a shot.

Mattwood

Mattwood

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
http://lifehacker.co...-way-334073.php

This way?

thejj924

thejj924

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
well mine is for Windows i forgot to specify that. i know there is a garage band way for those who have mac

Ongeloof

Ongeloof

Irrevocably Insane

• Donators
  • 1,007 posts
  • Interests:Your moma.
Doing it the garage bang way is the best and cheapest...

Think Mark

thejj924

thejj924

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
its free way for Windows Cpus, because Garage band is only for Macs

George Elliott

George Elliott

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

its free way for Windows Cpus, because Garage band is only for Macs

Your way should work for Macs too, you forgot to mention that you need to drag the .m4r file into the ringtones section of itunes then sync them to the iphone, not just add to itunes. Its also much easier if you drag the 30sec clip to the desktop rather than messing around with the itunes folder.

teknojunkie

teknojunkie

InsanelyMac Legend

• Donators
  • 829 posts
  • Interests:Computers, Coding, Skateboarding, Snowboarding, Video Games
Do It with GarageBand, Just Export a Itunes song and make it 30 Seconds and save it as a ringtone

myrawr

myrawr

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
i use the ringtone creator on http://www.brinked.com

JSn1

JSn1

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 732 posts
GarageBand does a good work for this.
For PC users, I think there is an app that auto-makes the process and conversion, let me remember the name.

macgirl

macgirl

Stargate's Pharaoh

• Retired
  • 7,612 posts
  • Interests:Techie gadgets
Step 6 and 8 of the guide are unecessary, just rename the file to .m4r and import the file to your iTunes Library

If you selected previously "manage this iPhone manually to add music and blah blah..." you can add it directly to your iPhone just dragging the file located in the Ringtones section, if yu don't have that option turned on you need to synchronize it.

Tested on iTunes 7.7 and iPhone 3G

Attached File  Picture_1.png   69.34KB   45 downloads Attached File  Picture_2.png   69.47KB   42 downloads

achsel

achsel

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
for ringtones i use http://audiko.net/

Timdphotos

Timdphotos

InsanelyMac bookPro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 233 posts
Or you can select the amount of the track you want to be the ringtone in itunes, right click, press create AAC, locate the file in finder/explorer then change the extension to mp4r

Or you can select the amount of the track you want to be the ringtone in itunes, right click, press create AAC, locate the file in finder/explorer then change the extension to mp4r

iphoneipad

iphoneipad

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

1. Select songs from your Itunes Library.
2. Go to Get Info and go to Options.
3. Change the Start Time and Stop Time to the Part of the Song you wish to have as your ringtone. You are only allowed up to 30 seconds for a ringtone.
4. Right Click and go to Convert Selection to AAC.
5. Go to the Folder where you have Itunes Music Located. (X:/Document and Settings/My Music/Itunes/Itunes Music/).
6. Zip or RAR the File(s).
7. Right Click and rename the file. It is in format (.m4a) you have to rename it to (.m4r)
8. Unzip or UnRAR the File(s).
9. Read the file to Itunes. EDIT: Add it to you iTunes Library, you can draggit it.

It works, i have tried it several times for my Iphone and is currently runnning on 1.1.3

susicox09

susicox09

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Really nice thread, but
This information is not enough. please write more description on it.
Thanks in advance !!!

[url="http://www.freedroidapp.net/""]android mobile[/url]

bobina2803

bobina2803

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Thank you so much for the post. It's really useful.

Doremi2

Doremi2

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
iPhone Ringtone Maker is the best assistant to make ringtone for your iphone, iPhone (3G) from your own video and audio sources. This excellent iPhone Ringtone Maker can convert a wide range of video and audio formats like AVI, MPEG, WMV, MP4, FLV, MKV, H.264/MPEG-4, DivX, XviD, MOV, RM, RMVB, MP3, WMA, AAC to iPhone Ringtone M4R and transfer to iPhone directly without iTunes.

iphone 4 ringtone maker :)
:) :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

tomwhite

tomwhite

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
People want to show their individuality anytime and anywhere with their inimitable hairstyle, clothing, and other things. Your phone's ringtone is also really important to show your difference from others. So how to make your own unique ringtone for your incoming calls, clock alarms, clock timer becomes a really important thing.

Today I will show you how to make your own iPhone ringtones from your DVD/video/music. Someone will say that you can buy them on itunes. Yes, everybody can buy it. It is not unique and special. Let's make our own iPhone ringtone together.

Things you need:
1. DVD/video/audio files that contains the music you want
2. iPhone Ringtone Maker
3. Computer(Windows/Mac)
Posted Image

Step 1: Load File/DVD
Load your video/audio files or DVD to this iPhone Ringtone Maker

Step 2: Choose music
You need to choose which part you want to convert as your iPhone ringtone or you want to make the whole files as your iPhone ringtone. Just drag the bar to set the begin point and end point

Step 3: Pre-listening
You can pre-listening the ringtone, if you do not like it you can adjust the length of your ringtone.

Step 4: Make Ringtone
After you have done all the tings above, you can click “Generate” button to start the conversion.
Soon you will get your own ringtone.

Tips:
1. if you want to put your ringtone directly to your iPhone, please check the box before “import to iPhone”.

2. if you want to manage your ringtone, you can click “manage ringtone” button to do it easily.

For Mac users, you can use iPhone Ringtone Maker for Mac to do this easily with the same operation as windows one.
Posted Image

To help you to make your iPhone and iPod more enjoyable here I also recommend you this DVD to iPod Converter, DVD to iPhone Converter and iPod Transfer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy