Problems only after undocking laptop

hekg

7 posts in this topic

Last night I undocked my laptop to use it in another bedroom and all hell broke loose! My leopard 10.5.1 kalyway always works beautifully while docked but after undocking it it takes forever to boot then finder crashes and firefox crashes and the dock works but doesn't expand when i point to it, etc. I just all goes crazy! Can anybody please help me out here?

Thanks

It seems like a power management issue! I had this on my HP nx7010, firstly never undock it while it is on, shutdown and restart out of dock, I removed the IntelCPUPowermanegement.kext and loaded this "PowerManagement.bundle" in the /sys/lib/ext directory. This gave me options in the system preferences for both AC power and battery setting(with the battery in the taskbar) and from there on averything was fine!

Backup your old one just incase, but as standard i do this and it has always worked

SticMAN

unzip the file on your desktop, go to system/library/extensions directory, look for the file of the same name, and copy it to a place on your HDD where you can find it again(if something goes wrong)

Copy the NEW powerxxxx.bundle file into the directory you took the old one out of!

Reboot and check under System Preferences - Energy Saver if you have setting for both Power and Battery

if you have set them to ANYTHING that suits you.

Shutdown, undock and startup!

If it works you can try docking and undocking without shutting down first but i dont like that personally!

SticMAN

Hey Sticman, ok I d/led the file but when I went to backup the existing one found that I never had that file to begin with in the extensions folder. Anyway, I added your file there and rebooted undocked but there was no change at all and in the energy saver settings I didn't see anything about battery or ac power management, so it's like I'm not even on a laptop. Any other suggestion? Thanks again.