Just to test if it is a fake I mounted on vmware/pearpc

macgirl

30 posts in this topic

On vmware it says "this hardware in not supported" but in pearpc the intaller appear as first.

here are some pics

tigerx86onpearpc5yz.th.pngtigerx86onpearpc27fc.th.png

check the build number on second pic, now I'll burn the image an test on my PowerBook and then on my PC.

Now, that's news.

Maybe the Xiso image works after all....but only on the dev machines and PPC macs wich wil give that image....zero functionality.

By the way, I'm registered about a week or two ago, but i came only to read the forum, so this is my first post. ^^

Bye

Now, that's news.

Maybe the Xiso image works after all....but only on the dev machines and PPC macs wich wil give that image....zero functionality.  

By the way, I'm registered about a week or two ago, but i came only to read the forum, so this is my first post. ^^

Bye

From the looks of it, it seems to the the regular, working, pheNIX release. We all know the XiSO faked release is fake now.

You are exactly the kind of person we like to register - came to read, but ends up posting something :)

* Shuddertrix hands cybermiguel a cookie

That was no the XISO image, it is the Phenix Image.

The thing is though, if I install this on an external disk, and then move the disk to my PC it will boot? I'll try.

Now, that's news.

Bye

From the looks of it, it seems to the the regular, working, pheNIX release. We all know the XiSO faked release is fake now.

You are exactly the kind of person we like to register - came to read, but ends up posting something :)

* Shuddertrix hands cybermiguel a cookie

Hahahahahaha.....thanks.

The reason why I thought I'd have a little chance is because I have an Intel Motherboard (D845GBV...yeah, it's a bit old but it's all I could afford with my student's income...xD ) and an Intel Pentium 4 Northwood (yeah...it doesn't support SSE3 but I thought that ther could be a way to bypass those instruction calls). I tried darwin once and it worked fine...at least it booted. So I thought "maybe...I'll have a chance with a hacked image....who knows...maybe the 845 or 865 chipsets works after all..."

You'll find me posting more often in this forum: www.overclockers.cl/foros

It's a comunity that talks about overclocking, computer parts, etc....and it's spanish language based. ^^

No, this is not spam because not many people can understand spanish and I really doubt that someone in the US would care about that community after all.

I have an aunt that has an iBook. I was going to ask her if i could mount the DVD on hers iBook but since this girl is already trying on her Powerbook, there is no need to make that test.

I'm also going to be testing out that "fake" a little bit more. The other thread got closed really quickly, and aside of that little PearPC thing, I'm not convinced. If you look into the System/Installation folder, match that up with the darwin CD. It looks exactly the same (except the packages folder has all the Mac OS X packages). And the bootloaders in usr/standalone/i386 are also the same as the darwin CD. If you look at the cdboot in hex workshop, it even points to a different location for drivers and packages from what I noticed...so this would seem to make sense. Might not be so much a "fake" as somebody who tried to make something working that doesn't work anyway. But we'll see.

On vmware it says "this hardware in not supported" but in pearpc the intaller appear as first.

here are some pics

tigerx86onpearpc5yz.th.pngtigerx86onpearpc27fc.th.png

check the build number on second pic, now I'll burn the image an test on my PowerBook and then on my PC.

the install DVD uses universal binaries, that's why it installed on my iBook. :) it's unlikely that PearPC is running the x86 code, but is simply loading the PPC stuff.

Macgirl, how did you get it to boot in PearPC? I've tried multiple versions of PearPC and just ended up with a kernal panic...

The newest 0.3 branch from richard goodwin doesn't work, and an older 0.4 pre doesn't work either... Could you post your config / more info on your pearpc setup?

everyone want's to scream fake. I have some screenies to prove it got into the installer from the Xiso disc i downloaded. I will post them before 9pm pst time (after office hours). I can't get the installer to go any farther. It hangs after i click "Agree" to terms before installation.

everyone want's to scream fake. I have some screenies to prove it got into the installer from the Xiso disc i downloaded. I will post them before 9pm pst time (after office hours). I can't get the installer to go any farther. It hangs after i click "Agree" to terms before installation.

That's really funny, seeing as the bootimage of the XiSO disc is hardcoded to say EXACTLY what it says. It is not booting anything - just displaying text, which is ripped from PearPC, including the famous "SPIRO MULTIMAX 3000." Take your XiSO image, and put it on the shelf with your snake oils and other quakeries.

Macgirl, how did you get it to boot in PearPC?  I've tried multiple versions of PearPC and just ended up with a kernal panic...

The newest 0.3 branch from richard goodwin doesn't work, and an older 0.4 pre doesn't work either...  Could you post your config / more info on your pearpc setup?

I'm using one of the 0.4 pre.

Here's my config.

ppc_start_resolution = "800x600x32"

redraw_interval_msec = 40

key_toggle_mouse_grab = "F12"

key_toggle_full_screen = "Alt+Return"

prom_bootmethod = "auto"

#Vervose

#prom_env_machargs = "-v"

#Single User

#prom_env_machargs="-s"

prom_driver_graphic = "video.x"

cpu_pvr = 0x00088302

memory_size=0x10000000

pci_ide0_master_installed = 1

pci_ide0_master_image = "D:pearpctigerx86-8GB.img"

pci_ide0_master_type = "hd"

pci_ide0_slave_installed = 1

pci_ide0_slave_image = "D:pearpcmarklar-tiger.iso"

pci_ide0_slave_type = "cdrom"

#pci_ide1_master_installed = 0

#pci_ide1_master_image = "D:pearpcpearpc-panther-6gib.img"

#pci_ide1_master_type = "hd"

#pci_ide1_slave_installed = 0

#pci_ide1_slave_image = "D:pearpctiger.iso"

#pci_ide1_slave_type = "cdrom"

pci_3c90x_installed = 0

pci_3c90x_mac = "de:ad:ca:fe:12:34"

pci_rtl8139_installed = 1

pci_rtl8139_mac = "de:ad:ca:fe:12:34"

pci_usb_installed = 1

nvram_file = "nvram"

But one of the things I did first was convert the DMG to ISO, if I use the DMG directly pearPC cant mount the image.

I installed Tiger X86 with my powerbook on an external disk, I took the HD that I use with darwin instalation, the installer doesnt want to install on that disk until I repartition it with Apple Boot scheme, then I installed Tiger on it, but when I put back on my PC it does not boot, I think the PC need the PC Boot Scheme, so my next step is to make an image of the disk with the Tiger X86 installed with the PowerBook, then reformat/partition with Darwin on the PC, then take back the files from the image.

So what?  pheNIX is "universal" (x86/PPC), it installs on PPC Macs, so it should run on PearPC.  Let us know when you get it running on vmware or directly on your PC.

Yes, bofors, it appears that you can install on PPC or X86, but in my PC it says the "hardware unsupported" message since I have an AMD 64 3500+ without SS3, maybe I'll bought a X2 3800+ with SS3 support and test it again or/and an intel MoBo and a P4 or a Dell system.

Please do post on here if the dual core Athlon works for you. I too have an AMD 64 3200+ and was thinking about getting one of the new dual core chips (2.0 GHZ 3200+ x2 core is only $330). If it works out, I may have more of an incentive to upgrade already.

macgirl has a good hypothesis... since the files are universal on the dvd they might indeed copy to the mac as universal too... you never know until it is tried.

I think this is basically correct in some ways. First, it does appear that Rosetta is installed on the PPC installation (although it should have no purpose as Rosetta is currently only PPC->x86, not x86->PPC). Second, some people working seem to have made some _limited_ progress creating installation for x86 by running the installer from a PPC environment.