getting wifi to work on Kalyway 10.5.1 on Dell D600 (truemobile 1400)

monozuki

9 posts in this topic

well, basically: what the title says!

I've been searching the wiki, the forum, and google for 2 days now, and I still can't get wifi working. It seems like some people have been able to get it to recognize the truemobile 1400 by replacing the IO80211Family.kext with an older one (either from 10.4.8 or 10.4.5?) but I can't find these anywhere. Could anyone upload them for me and/or nudge me in the right direction as far as finding them and/or suggest another method to get wifi functioning on my laptop?

Nearly everything else is working; I'm just struggling with networking :(

Thanks in advance.

• 3 weeks later...

:rolleyes: Me too... today is my 3rd days. i`m using D600 and my problem is just the networking. i`ve tried kext from 10.4.6 and it didn`t work eventhough the vendor and ID was right.

how come somebody said the LAN and Wi-Fi for D600 work out of the box?

well, basically: what the title says!

I've been searching the wiki, the forum, and google for 2 days now, and I still can't get wifi working. It seems like some people have been able to get it to recognize the truemobile 1400 by replacing the IO80211Family.kext with an older one (either from 10.4.8 or 10.4.5?) but I can't find these anywhere. Could anyone upload them for me and/or nudge me in the right direction as far as finding them and/or suggest another method to get wifi functioning on my laptop?

Nearly everything else is working; I'm just struggling with networking :(

Thanks in advance.

• 2 months later...

Hey, big bump on this. Unfortuantely I am having similar problems with a new Dell TrueMobile 1400 (Broadcom BCM4309MP) on a Dell D600. I've added the <string>pci14e4,4309</string> to the IO80211Family.kext in the appropriate spot, and also tried modifying the NetworkInterfaces.plist with en0, en1, & en2 each time with no luck. Repaired permissions, multiple reboots. Wireless card not showing up. It works in Windows XP and I've made sure it's "enabled" in BIOS, but still no luck. Been spending hours reading through forums on this, does anyone have any ideas/steps to share they did with this exact card to get it to work on Leopard? Does a different method need to be followed in Leopard vs. Tiger? Would be highly grateful. This is on a Kalyway 10.5.2 install... Many many thanks for the OS x86 community supporting each other and sharing steps to success..

• 3 weeks later...

I would ABSOLUTELY love it if anyone had any step by step hints they could quickly lay out to get us working with this. I know this Dell True Mobile (Broadcom) wireless can work on 10.5, but I certainly can't figure it out for the life of me! Please help a fellow OS x86 enthusiast out and let us know the right trick! Thanks much!!