Has anyone ACTUALLY a working multi i/o fw interface?

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

ihackpro

ihackpro

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
Hi, I'm running Kalyway 10.5.2 with Presonus Firestudio.
Everything runs normal, no problems at all.

chrispthing

chrispthing

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

I'm currently struggling to get my Duet up and running. The system recognises it ok when it's plugged in, but when I install the Apogee software, I get the grey screen of death at reboot. I've got the latest driver downlad from Apogee 'May08', anybody know how I can get it working? Perhaps installing the kexts without the installer?

Be really grateful if anybody can help me...

Solved the problem, new graphics card (geoforce 7300gt 256 mb) and reinstalled without nforce chipset. In fact this solved the problem before new graphics card but on latest installation used nvinject and now have qe/ci enabled and extended desktop on my 2 vga monitors. Have also fixed usb problems by using download from this post, thanks guys.

http://forum.insanel...o...=95789&st=0

mykl

mykl

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
Digidesign 003 rack on JaS 10.4.8. and standard PCI firewire card with no issues :D

smallpox

smallpox

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
has anyone tried the duet on a laptop without firewire? by buying a firewire pcmcia card?

i've been trying it, i've managed to get the firewire loaded but i can't get the duet showing.. if the duet shows, where does it show in the system profiler, under what ?

any suggestions ??

thanks.

pqangel

pqangel

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
it may not be logic but i have protools running under mbox 2 pro (it's firewire) with no problems...

i am running 10.5.8 with netkas i believe.

i had no problems when i installed only thing was that USB and firewire devices that were not connected during boot up would not be recognized but then i applied a patch that i found on this forums and now everything is working fine :)

good luck with it

rama

rama

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
pcmcia cards dont have firewire bus power... sorry but it it wont work... I was looing into this too. The 6-pin socket is just for cable compatabilty.. totoally retarded when you can just buy a new cable for less than a pcmcia card. You may be able to find out how much power a firewire port uses, and frankenstien something to source power to it... which i was considering. but might be dangerous!

MrBlomski

MrBlomski

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
Apogee Ensemble working like a charm............. for some 2 years now.

queglay

queglay

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

My RME FIREFACE 400 work flawlessly on my badaxe2 with 10.5.2 installed

i have a fireface 800 with a badaxe 2 as well on iPC installation 10.5.6 with about 128 samples at 44.1khz in ableton live

would you be able to document your setup, and latencies in ableton if you happen to be using it? im thinking of buying something else to get lower latency, but not sure what is working best in leopard.

Jelmet

Jelmet

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
I have working on my system:

- Audiofire 8 + Audiofire 12 at the same time like individual cards or even as an Aggregated Device...
- mBox mini

Running 10.5.2 or 10.6.1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy