Has anyone ACTUALLY a working multi i/o fw interface?

hm_ok

29 posts in this topic

Hi, i was wondering if anybody has a working Audiofire, Motu, RME, Apogee, Konnekt or similar Audio-interface? I tried it with Audiofire, in fact i only bought one because it had FW. My Hammerfall wasn't recognized by OSX. The Audiofire8 made OSX shut down when connected to the PC. If it was connected from the beginning, OSX would shut down just a few seconds after the grey screen.

Also, does anybody do this whole thing just to get logic running?? If it weren't for logic, i'd never have installed this :thumbsup_anim: over 40 times by now!

Yes I´m doing it just to get Logic running. I´ve got a Phonic Firefly (pretty cheap stuff though) and a Saffire Pro 10 i/o (pretty good stuff) Kaly Leo 10.5.1 Logic Pro 8.1 Leagal version (updated online) running ok. I`ve got Logic running with 34 audiotracks effects on every track at least 10 audioinstrument loaded (no midi data on these tracks yet though) conected to the internet right now while typing this reply.

I have an Asus p4 p800se mobo, 3Ghz cpu, 3 gig memory, Pny Gforce 6200 graphics card and a Exsys EX-6450 TI chipset Pci FW card, so my computer is a pretty old crappy standard machine. Maby some Bios/setuptweak can fix it for you, maby graphic card compability problem. If you have a PCI FW card maby not the TI chipset on it? If you have onboard FW on your mobo try a PCI one instead. Be sure to use your soundcards own power supply not the "onboard". It´s hard to say what´s wrong for you cause pretty much even small stuff can make it go wrong. The PCI FW card with the TI chipset was the soloution for me with my soundcard problems. I had it working pretty ok but with sound drop outs, they´re completely gone now.

I tried to upload a sample of the stuff but it did´nt work there´s some probs here at the moment probably. To big it said but it was only 1.2 meg and 2 meg is the max so?

Yeah that´s a good beer for sure those guys can really make beer. When I at last I managed to get a good Texas Instrument based pci fw card it runs ok even on my old crappy gear so I think this osx on PC thing is pretty icredible that it can be done all. I´m a Logic fan since years back I have from version Gold 4.8 up to Pro 8 Studio, all leagal versions and if Apple decided to let osx free even for PC I´d be the first to order a copy. Hell I´d even pay twice as much for it.

RME Hammerfall HDSP (PCI) + Multiface working here flawlessly!! :D I will soon get my my HDSPe Expresscard for opening a slot for my third UAD1 that sits here outside of the computer because it has no space right now. BTW, the 2 UAD1's are doing a grat job, too.

• 1 month later...

Currently, I have a RME HDSP PCI card with a multiface running alongside with 2 UAD1's. But I'm happily looking forward for my HDSPe expresscard for the multiface and another UAD1expresscard.

I hope everything works well then with 4 UAD's (one UAD is sitting on the shelf right now because of the lack of pci slots) and the RME HDSPe. :censored2:

As asked originally , does anyone have an apogee duet working on their Hackintosh?

I ask because I plan to build an 8 core 2.8 Ghz system mainly for audio producing with Logic Studio 8.

This is what I am planning building for $2532 $CDN before tax when I receive working confirmation on apogee duet drivers

Case: Silver Lian-Li PC-V1200 Plus II Aluminum ATX

PSU: Enermax EMD625AWT MODU82+ 625W ATX12V V2.3 24PIN Power Supply

Motherboard: TYAN TEMPEST DUAL XEON SOCKET 771 INTEL 5000X EXTENDED ATX SERVER MOTHERBOARD

Processors:Intel Xeon E5440 Harpertown 2.83GHz LGA 771 80W Quad-Core Processor Model BX80574E5440P - Retail

Ram: 8 gigs Centon 2048MB PC5400 DDR2 667MHz Memory

HD: Exisiting HD's 2 x 400GB Sata + 500 GB sata (all seagate Barracuda's 7200 rpm)

Graphics Card: Diamond Viper Radeon HD 2600XT 800MHZ 256MB 800MHZ GDDR3 Dual DVI-I HDCP HDTV Out Video Card

DVD-RW Drive: LG GSA-H55L DVD+RW 20X8X16 DVD-RW 20X6X16 DL 10X Lightscribe DVD Writer IDE 2MB Black OEM W/ SW

you know RipperG... you could almost get a REAL mac for the price its going to cost for that beast ;)But on a lighter note yes the apogee duet is working perfect for me... I too took on the task of hackintosh nightmares for the sole purpose of running logic. No one would say if duet was working but a mate of mine has a fireface 400 working fine so i susspected that it might just work... so i bit the bullet and bought one.. Horay! it works! thank god for that...oh yeah... dont skimp out on the memory either... 667mhz? why not go for 800? hardly any price diff these days.... although I'm in Australia, dunno about up there..

• 3 weeks later...

I'm currently struggling to get my Duet up and running. The system recognises it ok when it's plugged in, but when I install the Apogee software, I get the grey screen of death at reboot. I've got the latest driver downlad from Apogee 'May08', anybody know how I can get it working? Perhaps installing the kexts without the installer?

Be really grateful if anybody can help me...

Hi mates!

I got an Alesis io 14 firewire working under Kalyway Leopard 10.5.2 running Logic 8 and Ableton Live 6.0.7

I´ve used the Alesis Mac Osx Driver on their website.

I use a TI chipset firewire card and my PC specs are.

Motherboard: Asus P5P800

Ram: 2 GB

CPU: Intel P4 530 ·Ghz HT

Video: Nvidia Chipset Geforce Fx5700LE

HD: 2 SATA 7200 Drives

I hope to start making some music with this new setup soon!

Cheers,

DBass

You can read my signature...onyx firewire 1620, maudio firewire 410, edirol pcr-1, Virus TI. all is ok!

and i can add that the latest VIRUS TI drivers are pretty stable under kalyway 10.5.2 vanilla 9.2.2 kernel

enjoy the sound!!!

I'm currently struggling to get my Duet up and running. The system recognises it ok when it's plugged in, but when I install the Apogee software, I get the grey screen of death at reboot. I've got the latest driver downlad from Apogee 'May08', anybody know how I can get it working? Perhaps installing the kexts without the installer?

Be really grateful if anybody can help me...

Solved the problem, new graphics card (geoforce 7300gt 256 mb) and reinstalled without nforce chipset. In fact this solved the problem before new graphics card but on latest installation used nvinject and now have qe/ci enabled and extended desktop on my 2 vga monitors. Have also fixed usb problems by using download from this post, thanks guys.

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...=95789&st=0

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

has anyone tried the duet on a laptop without firewire? by buying a firewire pcmcia card?

i've been trying it, i've managed to get the firewire loaded but i can't get the duet showing.. if the duet shows, where does it show in the system profiler, under what ?

any suggestions ??

thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

it may not be logic but i have protools running under mbox 2 pro (it's firewire) with no problems...

i am running 10.5.8 with netkas i believe.

i had no problems when i installed only thing was that USB and firewire devices that were not connected during boot up would not be recognized but then i applied a patch that i found on this forums and now everything is working fine :)

good luck with it