Leo4All

eddie11c

316 posts in this topic

Thanks so much man! I have the latest BIOS as well, I also have a real mac so any type of disk modification I can do and give you a copy. Just out of curiositu what patches are included in your first revision?

BTW: Disregard my PM I just sent, yet to look at the topic and now I have answered my own question.

Ok just a few things about this, I only included support for EFI installs, as thats what is needed for all the latest kernels. I have already included almost all the latest updates, minus the iLifesupport08 update and a quicktime update. Trying to figure out how to squeeze them in with the space I have left. I included some drivers but still missed some I am sure, there is no way to meet the requirements of everyone. I have very little space left, < 50Meg to spare on the DVD and the final two updates I wanted to add are 57Meg. I wanted to include the /Extensions folder as this will help with people that want to inject a kext if needed. All languages that come with Leopard are still there as are the additional fonts. This install supports all ports on ICHx based motherboards thanks to -Dunes- hard work. This was included mostly for me, as I have 4 drives and don't want to disconnect/disable some just to install. I did a bonehead move and forgot to get all the files going last night, so they should be finished today sometime. Thanks for those that threw your hat in, I sent PM's to a handful, will double check the bandwidth I have available and invite more if I can so be patient ^_^ I had some issues getting this to install on my Nforce SATA(damn you AppleVIAATA!!), it's working now so hopefully it will work for others too. If you get a specific error from the installer or during boot please post here and I will try to take a look. With my limited hardware I have no idea how this will work for others. I am still having issues with video, so I will be working on that some more.

What some people do is they remove like every language except English, Spanish, Dutch and Turkish. Removing all except those saves a good amount of space. So if you are in need of dire space try that.

I prefer english, but I think others too. Eddie you should remove the other languages to get more space. What You think?

Hard to call it universal if it only included English isn't it? Ok last two files are on the way up, if the server stops letting you log in, just give it a few. It's not a great hosting site to begin with, used to host a real basic website for my wife there and at least now I can make some use of it. If you find a specific kext you need to get the install working good let me know what it was and I can see if I can include it as they most don't take up too much space.

Everybody understands english here, so at the beta fase it isn't important to have all languages, it's more important to have the most kexts/drivers for universality, I think.

Thanks for your work.

Hi Eddy11c,

I'd like to jump into your test too :(

I'm using Tiger 10.4.11 and Kalyway 10.5.1 for the moment on my computer.

I would be perfect if you'll include all languages, at least Dutch :P

Specs:

P4, 3 Ghz, SSE3

2 Gb ram

ATI AGP x800xt video (not supported on Leo)

Motherboard: MSI 848P NEO

Tiger is working perfectly! Can you PM me if I can test ?

Thnx

AntarcticP

Hi Eddie ,

I can help if needed , in middle of various installs , but have problem with sata and secondary ide chan errors on Asrock conroe 945G (hoping Dune's patch will fix that)

Hardware Asrock Conroe 945g

Dual core 1.86

3gb ddr667

Geforce 7600GT

Currently running 10.5.1 from an old pata ide drive as cant get two sata drivew working at same time

Does the O/S boot in verbose mode in default? Or is it similar to Zephyroth's where the white background and the apple logo shows?

If you take another language out (rarest of them all), you can try to squeeze in those last two updates. I'm pretty sure not everyone speaks Turkish. =)

My Intel system has a whopping 8gb, all modules should be easily detected right? Its an nforce motherboard.

@eddie11c, taking a look at your Benchmark score. Not bad, excellent score.

It defaults to Verbose in the installer and on boot after installation. This way I won't get complaints from anyone staring at the apple boot screen saying its not working. The problem is many of the languages are very small in size, not really worth taking out for an update that people can do on their own. I don't think either of the updates will hurt an AMD machine, need to hook up my other computer to play around with it to check.

I 100% agree with you. Thats why we need Verbose mode. Didn't realize that, but now I do (lol).

So, Marvin's Utility is still required, right? Same applies to shutdown/reboot?

It defaults to Verbose in the installer and on boot after installation. This way I won't get complaints from anyone staring at the apple boot screen saying its not working. The problem is many of the languages are very small in size, not really worth taking out for an update that people can do on their own. I don't think either of the updates will hurt an AMD machine, need to hook up my other computer to play around with it to check.

A few things I would like from you all. When the install is going(hoping it is working) have the installer log open. If you could verify a rough estimate of install time for your system and any errors/crashes you encounter. There are 1 or 2 threads in the installer that will crash on AMD machines. They are part of the required files and there doesn't seem to be a workaround to avoid it. The system still works as normal. If you get to booting the partition after installing, if you installed video drivers and seem to be frozen after dsmos is loaded try removing them. Both of my particular video cards(7800GTX and 8800GTS512) don't like punks modified kexts. Thats one of the reasons I am still working on them. Might be best to not install video drivers till after you have everything else working. I used EFI GFX on my system, so I ran the Graphics update again to get the stock kexts, as my 8800 works with the vanilla kexts this way. Also I have used this install disk several times already, but forgot to test the efi_guid installer. I hope it works, so if you test this please let me know if it worked for you.

Did you modify anything for the AMD install? The retail contents of the DVD that you created your release on are untouched right?

A few things I would like from you all. When the install is going(hoping it is working) have the installer log open. If you could verify a rough estimate of install time for your system and any errors/crashes you encounter. There are 1 or 2 threads in the installer that will crash on AMD machines. They are part of the required files and there doesn't seem to be a workaround to avoid it. The system still works as normal. If you get to booting the partition after installing, if you installed video drivers and seem to be frozen after dsmos is loaded try removing them. Both of my particular video cards(7800GTX and 8800GTS512) don't like punks modified kexts. Thats one of the reasons I am still working on them. Might be best to not install video drivers till after you have everything else working. I used EFI GFX on my system, so I ran the Graphics update again to get the stock kexts, as my 8800 works with the vanilla kexts this way. Also I have used this install disk several times already, but forgot to test the efi_guid installer. I hope it works, so if you test this please let me know if it worked for you.

Did you modify anything for the AMD install? The retail contents of the DVD that you created your release on are untouched right?
The contents of the install is not really modified beyond what must be done to work for a hackintosh. Some files have to be deleted/replaced to work even on an Intel. For AMD some files have to be decrypted and have their CPUID's patched. That has to be done to work, period. These files are untouched if you don't click the box for AMD system fix.

For my Intel I choose these.

post-170453-1204915080_thumb.jpg

For my AMD i choose these.

post-170453-1204915086_thumb.jpg

Still have to download, what is included in the "good applications" category? Last question, before I download and INSTALL. :P

I'll test the install with GUID.

Still have to download, what is included in the "good applications" category? Last question, before I download and INSTALL. :P

I'll test the install with GUID.

Just some programs I use: colloquy, appzapper, BBEdit, Textmate, Invisibles, KCNScrew, transmission, tubesock and a few others. Marvin's Utility is also included, those with Intel can just delete it afterwards.

What installtion method are you using, GUID or MBR?

ok installing it on amd :)

The contents of the install is not really modified beyond what must be done to work for a hackintosh. Some files have to be deleted/replaced to work even on an Intel. For AMD some files have to be decrypted and have their CPUID's patched. That has to be done to work, period. These files are untouched if you don't click the box for AMD system fix.

For my Intel I choose these.

post-170453-1204915080_thumb.jpg

For my AMD i choose these.

post-170453-1204915086_thumb.jpg

thank God man...EFI_V8!!! and all the patches needed to start most systems that'll start

Can't wait to finish downloading!!