Leo4All

eddie11c

316 posts in this topic

I am looking for a few brave testers for a(hopefully) soon to be released version. I would hope you already have a working OSX setup with some general knowledge of Leopard. The only reason I even bother is I have both an AMD and an Intel machine and this saves me time and effort to reinstall on either. I have included some of the updates, but due to space limitations I could not include everything. My install keeps all original languages available instead as I thought this was of more use in general. Feel free to post here if your willing to help me test, hopefully I can get a couple people with AMD and Intel machines. I don't have the ftp space/bandwidth for too many people so this round of testing will be limited to maybe 6 or 8. If your interested just post your system specs and what OS version/release your currently using.

Asus M2n32 Sli Deluxe (nvdia 590)

Amd athlon x2 3800+

2gb ddr2 667 Geil

Nvidia 7300GS (Also i can try a Ati X300 SE)

1hd for vista

1hd for Leopard Zephyrot 10.5.2

1 free hd

1hd for storage

uhm nothing else want to now other?

Intel

Asus P5AD2-E Premium

Intel Pentium 4 3.60ghz

2gb 533 Kingmax ram

Ati X1300 512mb

1hd XP Pro

1hd storage

1 free hd

S-ata dvd burner

uhm nothing else want to now other?

(lol i've amd,intel and nvidia,ati)

Intel DG31PR (latest bios update)

Q6600 @2.39

-speedstep

-Hpet/64 bit

-Virtualization optimization

WD 232 gig Sata

WD 80 gig Sata (on the way)

WD 36 gig Raptor SATA (on the way)

Philips Super All write DVD

XFX Nvidia 8600GT OC (w/Zalman Cooler)

4 gigs of 800MHz OCZ Reaper (4-4-4-x) DDR2

WD MyBook External HD 160gig

4 gig USB flashdrive

Asus USB Bluetooth

-Insignia Bluetooth headset/headphones

-Apple bluetooth keyboard

built in network (works great) & also x3100 graphics (tested under iATKOS...worked but buggy)

Installed with Kallyway 10.5.1 and updated using combo update to 10.5.2, used NVinject, realtec audio pach, an Vanilla+PC_EFI+GIUD

everythings working great!

Xbeched as high as 219!!! (without Hard drive test)

-does not wake from sleep in either S1 or S3

-speedstep seems to be working

-I have tried just about every SMbios kext and all of them work fine...I have tried mutliple vanilla as well.

I would be glad to do an in depth report if you'd like!

Sig says it - I'm running JaS 10.4.x, but version modified to run needed apps in 10.4.11 - I'll be happy to test the Intel version for ya.

I've got about 3 or 4 drives I can swap for testing. :(

I'm very interested and hopefully be included to test run and report to you any finding that i may find in your leopard osx 10.5.2 installer setup... just inform me when and where can we get it up for testing....

:(

My current setup is:

Processor : amd 3500+ (venice)

Motherboard : msi k8n-neo2 platinum

Video Card : inno3d 7600 gs agp - 512mb

Memory installed : 4 gb dual channel kingston hyper-x

DVD Writer : asus DRW-1814BLT dvd writer (sata)

Harddisk : 250 gb western digital (ide)

320 gb western digital (ide)

400 gb Seagate (sata)

Current installed osx:

osx tiger 10.4.10 by tubgirl (installed on 250 gb western digital - ide drive)

JaS 10.4.8 AMD Intel SSE2 SSE3 - (installed on 320 gb western digital - ide drive)

Thanks in advance..... :(

Ok the intel portion of the install works flawlessly for me, there is currently one glitch on the AMD part I am sorting out. Hopefully I will have it fixed later today so I can start uploading it. I will be in touch via pm to contact you with further info. Thanks in advance!

I have no OSX 86 experiance, but am an avid computer user.

NZXT. 550w PSU

2.4ghz (OC) AMD 4400+ x2 Socket 939

2gb Corsair XMS

DFI RDX200 CF-DR

850gb in HDDs

ATi x850XT

I can host the ISO for myself and for about 5 other testers.

I would be more than willing to help you out. I have some pretty good OXx86 background.

Machine Model: AMD

Processor Name: AMD Turion 64 X2 Mobile Technology TL-50

Processor Speed: 1.6 GHz

RAM: 2GB

Total HDD Space: 2TB

I wouldnt mind helping at all, I would actually love to help.

My Intel machine is running Leopard Server, my other Intel is running iAtkos Leopard version 10.5.1 and my AMD is running my own 10.4.11. I have yet to update my AMD so this is a very oppurtune time.

I could seed the torrent 24/7 so if that helps at all just contact me. I have about a 800 KB/s upload.

-Software Updater

I am looking for a few brave testers for a(hopefully) soon to be released version. I would hope you already have a working OSX setup with some general knowledge of Leopard. The only reason I even bother is I have both an AMD and an Intel machine and this saves me time and effort to reinstall on either. I have included some of the updates, but due to space limitations I could not include everything. My install keeps all original languages available instead as I thought this was of more use in general. Feel free to post here if your willing to help me test, hopefully I can get a couple people with AMD and Intel machines. I don't have the ftp space/bandwidth for too many people so this round of testing will be limited to maybe 6 or 8. If your interested just post your system specs and what OS version/release your currently using.

I can test it, I have a HP DV9000Z - 4 Gig RAM 2 160 Gig Sata drives and NV Geforce 256Mb. - AMD Turion64X2 2.8

Looking to test...

AMD Turion 64 X2 dual-core

2Gigs RAM 80GB HHD

GeForce Go 6150 graphics and NVIDIA nForce Go 430 chipset

It has the newest BIOS installed and iv had no luck with ANY of the darwin/ patched disks. The BIOS setting make it almost impossable to install any thing but windows and i really disslike it. Even linux OS's wont install.

So if there is any new BATA disk im all for being a test rat!

Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-965P-DS3 (rev. 1.3) [using onboard audio, working unpatched in 10.5.1]

Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E6420 Conroe 2.13GHz

Video: EVGA GeForce 8800GTS [working unpatched with included video drivers]

Memory: 2g

CD: Sony Dual Layer SATA Burner

Harddrive: 320g IDE 100 / 320g SATA

Network: Linksys WMP54GS [working unpatched as 3rd party airport]

My current OSX install is on a secondary harddrive, using it's own partition.  Currently running XP, Vista, OSX 10.5.1 triple boot.

hey eddie11c, how is everything going with your Universal Installer? Listen, I've been experiencing some problems with my system lately (because I accidently installed some wrong files that now that have been resolved) and have been thinking of letting the current O/S (Zephyroth 10.5.2) go to scratch and start new again with his release once the impending PPF patch releases. However, I feel this would be the best time to test someone else's release. Would you please kindly let me know whether or not you have been able to successfully upload your release online for beta-testing purposes. As I have agreed to volunteer as a beta-tester in our previous discussion (at osx.kbot.de, Whisper Box), I would be more than happy to test and give you valuable feedback. I have worked with Microsoft especially with the XP/Vista Development team over the past few years in making their O/S's the best as possible. My feedback has given me free copies of Vista Ultimate and XP Pro along with other benefits, :-). And you may already know from the past experiences I had with the Leopard Install from Zephyroth's 10.5.1 and 10.5.2, both have been successful results for me. I am running an AMD machine you know. I will be honored to assist you in your endeavors. Please let me know, =) Thank you very much. Below are my specifications (I hope I come in great use to you, =) You can probably tell, I have well-rounded experience of the OSX86 community and Operating System now, especially after having fine conversations with you and our fellow friends over at the OSX.kbot community. =)Motherboard: Gigabyte Technology K8NXP-SLI, nForce 4 SLI Chipset MOBOCentral-Processing-Unit: AMD 3500+ Venice Core Socket 939 Processor, SSE2 & 3 (not overclocked)Memory/Modules: 3GB PC3200 DDR-400 RAM, (2x1024MB Corsair 3200C2PT, 2x512MB Crucial Ballistix)Video/Graphics Card(s): 256MB NVIDIA GeForce 6600GT (Gigabyte Technology) (2x128MB in SLI Mode)Hard Drive (HD): Western Digital SATA 320GB Hardrive w/ 16MB cacheBurners: 8x NU DVD BurnerOther Disk Drives: 1.44MB Floppy Disk DriveOther Peripheals-Realtek AC'97 Integrated 16-bit Sound Card, 7-channelMarvell Integrated 10/100/1000 EthernetNVIDIA Integrated 10/100 Ethernet (using right now)GA-WPKG Wireless 54mbps Wireless Card (Gigabyte Technology)IEEE 1394B (Latest)4 USB Intergrated Ports 1.0/and/2.0Thermaltake PSU, 550-watt (Peak) Power Supply UnitI also have a Core 2 Duo system that I can also test the O/S. Simply have to connect my spare 80gb hard drive, and woolah, time to install. =)I also have a Intel Core 2 Duo System, and all it needs a spare hard drive, which I have, 80GB Seagate Serial ATA. Again, I don't like overclocking, therefore, I am good to go and install. =)My current OS for AMD is Zephyroth's 10.5.2 which is going to be scrapped in substitute for your's, whereas the Intel needs a clean install of yours because there is nothing currently installed on that system since I recently built it. =) Also, in the mean time, while testing I have my laptop aside.

You can include me, if you like!

If it will install on my Dell and HP lappy it should install on ANYTHING!

Just PM me when the host is available :rolleyes:

SticMAN

edit: thank you, by the way! :D

Ok all, I have the files uploading tonight, will send out pm's tomorrow for some of you to download it. Not sure how fast the server I am using will be, but I will keep my fingers crossed that it's not too slow.

Thanks for confirming.

Ok all, I have the files uploading tonight, will send out pm's tomorrow for some of you to download it. Not sure how fast the server I am using will be, but I will keep my fingers crossed that it's not too slow.

a Willing guinea pig :(

Processor : Intel E4500 @ 2.20 ghz

Motherboard: ECS 945GZT-M

Video: Nvidia 8600 GT 512mb GDDR3 - modified NVinjectGo 0.2.0 kext

Hard Drive : 320 GB

RAM : 2 GB DDR2

Bluetooth : PPA USB BLUETOOTH DONGLE # 9017 & Sony Stereo Bluetooth Headset DR-BT10CX

DVD Burner : TSSTcorpCD/DVDW SH-S162L

Wireless : WDA-2320 Atheros AR5212 patch

I am currently running Kalyway 10.5.2 - installed 10.5.1 then apply both 10.5.2 ComboUpdate and Kernels and Leopard Graphics Update 1.0

Let me know..