Read-Only Filesystem?!?

SonicSpeed

9 posts in this topic

Hello all....

I am having some serious problems with this OSX86 install with both Kalyway and iATKOS.

System Specs:

Gigabyte GA-965P-S3 (Others have gotten it to work)

4GB OCZ DDR2-800

100GB Maxtor SATA

36GB SCSI (LSI Logic card)

18GB SCSI (LSI Logic)

20GB IDE (Maxtor)

I'm having two different problems, which both are dealing with the same scenario. In Kalyway when I get to where the text turns to small letters it gives me the error (Paraphrasing to an extent) mkdir() Failed to Create /library/logs Read only Filesystem. However in iATKOS it gives me this error.

kextd[47]: root filesystem is read-only; skipping kernel data link generation

CODE SIGNING: cs_invalid page: p=51[DirectoryService] clearing CS_VALID

Then it hangs.

I've tried all the different ACHI/HPET modes and they still won't work. Heck I even booted in -s to see if I could format any of the drives manually, to no luck. I've installed plenty of OS's on this computer and this one is certainly giving me the most grief (besides when I corrupted my bootloader with FreeBSD).

Thanks in Advance

Sonic

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Guys, i just started to install the Kalyway and i got the same error plus on top of that

localhost diskarbitrationd 44: Core raid Server 43: 15619 not responding. Its still loading but there are too many errors already, what should i do??

If it wasnt a mircale it actually just loaded up into the install, but im afraid that its going to cause some problems. Im going to try to continue and install but i would like to get some direction here, please

P.S. If somebody can help get this thing working properly, im willing to pay for your service $$. Let me know or hit me up on MSN or aim.

MSN: msn@michaelnovikov.com

AIM: michaelnovikovs

• 2 weeks later...

I also have the same problem, I'm using 10.5.5 installation DVD. It looks like it is trying to write to my DVD player iso my Disk0s1...

I tried multiple things, double partions, single partion, erased, zero's, everything, nothin seemed to work. If I do the same installation with my previous OS version 10.4.8 it works perfectly. I really need to upgrade to 10.5 version, otherwise I would not mind.

I read in one of the forums that 10.5 version always wants to install on the second HD? Is that so? Because I only have 1 in my system (and 3 externals).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Hello all....

I am having some serious problems with this OSX86 install with both Kalyway and iATKOS.

System Specs:

Gigabyte GA-965P-S3 (Others have gotten it to work)

4GB OCZ DDR2-800

100GB Maxtor SATA

36GB SCSI (LSI Logic card)

18GB SCSI (LSI Logic)

20GB IDE (Maxtor)

I'm having two different problems, which both are dealing with the same scenario. In Kalyway when I get to where the text turns to small letters it gives me the error (Paraphrasing to an extent) mkdir() Failed to Create /library/logs Read only Filesystem. However in iATKOS it gives me this error.

kextd[47]: root filesystem is read-only; skipping kernel data link generation

CODE SIGNING: cs_invalid page: p=51[DirectoryService] clearing CS_VALID

Then it hangs.

I've tried all the different ACHI/HPET modes and they still won't work. Heck I even booted in -s to see if I could format any of the drives manually, to no luck. I've installed plenty of OS's on this computer and this one is certainly giving me the most grief (besides when I corrupted my bootloader with FreeBSD).

Thanks in Advance

Sonic

Hi - I've just managed to get around this issue using VMWare 6.5

The darwin.vmx file states

guestOS="darwin-64"

Later instructions tell you to change this to

guestOS="other-64"

However - my Laptop is only a 32 bit machine...

SO

I changed it to

guestOS="other"

And this worked.

Cheers,

C.