Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3P/DS3R/DS4 Driver Installer 10.5.2

~pcwiz

50 posts in this topic

UPDATE: This installer is out of beta and has been finalized! New download link at the bottom of this post

MAKE A FULL BACKUP OF YOUR SYSTEM BEFORE PROCEEDING WITH THIS PACKAGE

PLEASE SCROLL TO THE BOTTOM OF THIS POST FOR A DOWNLOAD LINK

I have created an installer package that will automatically install all the drivers and software required to get everything working on your Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3P/DS3R/DS4 based boards including EP35's and P35C's. First of all, huge thanks go to JaS and Headrush69 for helping along the way!

Here is what the installer will install:

* Netkas 9.2.0 kernel for full shutdown and restart

* mac.nub SMBIOS-27 Default to go along with the kernel

* Sound Drivers (ALCinject.kext and patched AppleHDA.kext) for full input/output audio

* Ethernet Drivers for Realtek RTL8111B

* ps2nub fix for PS/2 mouse and keyboard

And you can selectively install which means that you can pick and choose what you want to install! It also comes with an uninstaller script to undo everything the installer did, in case you want to go back to full vanilla. Now about compatibility, this particular package that I am making is only compatible with 10.5.2. This will be bundled with my 10.5.2 guide for these motherboards (link in sig).

Theoretically, you could just do a plain install of 10.5.1, update to 10.5.2, and then run this package and BOOM everything is working :) Please note that this was tested with a Kalyway 10.5.1 + Kalyway 10.5.2 update install. It should be compatible with other configurations as well, as long as you have 10.5.2

Bug in installer: Several people have said that there is a small bug in the installer where after you do a full install of all the drivers, sound still doesn't work. Thankfully, the simple fix is you run the installer a second time, this time ONLY choosing the sound drivers and nothing else.

I may decide to another one for 10.5.1 and 10.5 later... Here are some screenshots:

pcwiz1.jpg

installer1.jpg

You can download it here:

http://www.mediafire.com/?3tbm4jr3zjx

Rapidshare Mirror: http://rapidshare.com/files/99345617/pcwiz...taller.zip.html

I tested this on my DS3P and it works fine, no errors :)

EDIT: I have added a Rapidshare mirror for this file because Mediafire seems to be down at the moment :P

Nice!

One important thing regarding the ethernet: When i installed, the ethernet worked out of box (using brazilmac). Installing another driver actually broke it. So i think it will work much better if we just leave the ethernet alone.

Now maybe one of the brazilmac kexts was modified to support it, but i don't think additional drivers are a good idea.

And is it a good idea to insulate the noobs from the installation process? It could cause more problems..

But I'm not sure about that last one. This is still a good venture. :P

thank you!

OK yeah, sometimes Ethernet works out of the box. Sometimes it doesn't. What I can say is that this ethernet driver is not the RealtekR1000.kext by DaemonES, this one is the official driver from Realtek. I've tested it on my Kaly install and it works fine and great! I've also added a note to the description of the Ethernet driver that its only if its not working already.

Well it would probably insulate them, but at least it would stop some useless questions :(

Anyway, thanks for taking a look at it :wallbash:

EDIT: Once this is done and I have the final build I will do a complete full install of the package on my system and I will verify that it doesn't mess things up!

~pcwiz,

You could probably add Gigabytes GA-G33M-DS2R to your list. I've installed everything you have listed except for Netkas' 9.2.0 kernel and the ethernet drivers (mine work out of the box). When you release it I'll see if it works and let you know.

Cheers,

Nik

Sure thing nikonut :wallbash: Once its released, test it and let me know and I'll add it to the list :(

EDIT: I'm uploading a beta copy to Megaupload right now! I've ran multiple installs of that package on my system and it works great, no permission errors in Disk Utility :hysterical: The file is 4 megs. I will post a link when its done uploading :hysterical:

EDIT2: Heres a Mediafire link, I removed the Megaupload link because you can't delete files after you upload them to Megaupload:

http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2xky4obvz

Beta test it, tell me how it goes

Very nice. I currently have an update cd that installs all these things via Kext Helper, but it'll be nice to have a package that will install them all in a few clicks. I'll try this out tonight.

Question - Have you managed to get network sharing to work with a DS3R? I can get Bonjour working with the Realtek drivers so I can share iTunes libraries, but I can never get any of my computers to recognize my hackintosh and vice versa. Plus I have to manually set my DHCP to a fixed address if I want networking after sleep.

Thanks Yuusharo,

That would be very helpful :) Tell me when you've tested it, I'm eager to hear. I haven't had any feedback from people who have actually done an install of the package.

P.S. Make sure that you have 10.5.2 before doing this, the kernel and SMBIOS are 10.5.2. But in case something goes screw, I've included an uninstall script with the package ZIP called "uninstall.sh" You can run this script from Terminal or probably even from single user mode and it will revert your system back to the original state before you installed the package :)

i installed this last night on my DS3R 10.5.2 Kalyway install, but it now gives CPU panics immediately on boot.

I hit -v to see the errors, but i got a fatal panic that references the CPU (from memory, at work now). I then figured that was a good time to attempt a restore from a timemachine backup, which then died with the boot.plist not found error (unrelated to your script). So i cannot repeat the error and give you more details i'm afraid..

Would of loved to have seen the uninstall.sh script could be run from single user mode before i tried a restore though :( oh well.

Perhaps its just not working for me, but i'd suggest you get a few successes before you remove the beta tag.

btw, i'm using a Q6600 with 4gb of ram and a nvidia 8400GT if that makes any difference.

Yeah jj,

I'll keep it in beta till this stuff is fixed. It seems that there are mixed results. It might have something to do with the fact that you installed the SATA driver. It worked great on my DS3P, BTW did you have EFI installed? In the kernel panic there would have been something referencing some kext...

I'm sorry it didn't work :(

EDIT: nikonnut also got kernel panic on boot after he installed the SATA driver. Did you catch anything regarding AHCI on your error? If you have AHCI on in BIOS, try turning it off, and if you have AHCI turned off in BIOS, try turning it on :)

it is a shame, as my install was starting to look great!

But thats ok, gave me a reason to test backups before i needed to restore something critical..

I did have EFI installed, but i didn't write down the full error and that drive has since been formated for the attempted restore. All i remember was it referencing the CPU but nothing more specific i'm afraid.

It did error immediately though, so its a kext thats loaded right near the start of the boot process.

Good luck:)

its not a problem, don't worry about it.

Like i said, i decided to scrap the install and test a restore from backup. Didn't tinker around at all attempting to fix up the crashed install.

Will play with my restored copy tonight and try some of the AHCI changes within BIOS.

OK Thanks.

I really appreciate you beta testing and if you ever need anything, just PM me :P

Thanks for the beta pack and the wonderful info on how to install Kalway on DS3 correctly, it went EXTREMELY well. :D

Everything worked just like a Mac.

BIG donation will be sent tomorrow.

Again thank you SO MUCH for your time and energy to put this together. I finally can sleep tonight. ;)

Ok.I have tested it on my rig(sig).

Let me say that I wanted to give it a try just for having fun and testing;I got two 10.5.2 installation one almost full vanilla and one started with semivanilla and then updated to semivanilla.Both of them are using the strings in the com.Boot.plist file, and both are fully working,except the sdown issue.

Then during the procedure I haven't checked the ethernet kext, later I 've seen everything is running well but the sleep.

Probably I must change the kernel used , at this time i'm using the one(ntks 9.2) contaned in the installer.Now I go for more full testing.

I got a question, I use different benchmarks , but right now I'm not able to decide whic version(vanilla or not) is better suited for dayli user, any suggestions?

Thanks for ur awesome job.Let me know if u need more, for yours testing purposes.

[EDIT] I got just one SATA disk, disabling the AHCI I got almost the same score on the benchmarks.What does it mean?

Installed fine on Kalyway 10.5.2 on a P35-ds4 using AHCI.

Sleep not working (ethernet doesn't wake up). Restart and shutdown fine

No azalia soundcard. I use an Mbox (that works fine) so I don't care.

I need to check if this updates resolves my previous bugs:

Crashes on heavy ethernet load (Esp. in Ichat)

Finder crash occasionaly on file copying.

About this mac says intel core2 solo even though I use a Q6600.

PartRocks,

Thanks a ton man for the donation, if you every need anything PM me :D

FavleX,

So you installed everything (all components) and it works fine? Shutdown should work once you have installed the netkas 9.2.0 kernel. If the netkas kernel is better in any way than the vanilla, use it (thats what I'm using). If it doesn't do anything for you, then you might as well use the vanilla kernel. If you get good benchmarks without AHCI mode, then thats great (I'm assuming that you installed the SATA driver then right?). That will shave a few seconds of your boot time, and you will be able to use both OS X and Windows in harmony without changing AHCI settings (cause XP doesn't support AHCI)

mysticmerlin,

Thanks for testing and I hope this fixes some issues! You can manually enter the About this Mac info. Go to System >> Library >> CoreServices. Right click on loginwindow.app and click show package contents. Open the Contents folder and there is a file called AboutThisMac.strings, edit that with TextEdit and set the right values, save it, repair permissions :)

..FavleX,

So you installed everything (all components) and it works fine? Shutdown should work once you have installed the netkas 9.2.0 kernel. If the netkas kernel is better in any way than the vanilla, use it (thats what I'm using). If it doesn't do anything for you, then you might as well use the vanilla kernel. If you get good benchmarks without AHCI mode, then thats great (I'm assuming that you installed the SATA driver then right?). That will shave a few seconds of your boot time, and you will be able to use both OS X and Windows in harmony without changing AHCI settings (cause XP doesn't support AHCI)

HI.

Yes like u said the shutdown issue is gone forevere, and i'm using ahci(no ,I haven't any win at the moment..), unfortunately the sleep isn't working anymore , so I'll take few mins for trying the vanilla one.About no ahci , do u think I could miss some performance on cpying large files ?

Thanks again.

FavleX,

Thanks, and good luck! :D

rhalls,

The one included is the netkas one without sleep but with speedstep (the older one). If you want I can include both in the final release :)

ok.

with vanilla the prob about shutdown persist, but if u use the last netkas sleep kernel , u got everything working well , a bit less vanilla, a bit more working.Sleep+Shutdown+Reboot at 100%

Now we can choose :)

Thanks.

Yep :o

Everyone, I just modded it a bit so it includes both the speedstep and sleep kernel:

installer1.jpg

I won't bother uploading this version but it'll be there in the final.

P.S. Does anyone feel like this should be out of beta now and that it should be publicly released?