29 replies to this topic

fjrmacpilot

fjrmacpilot

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Hi,
I am very new to Xcode. I have started the tutorial and when I get to the open .nib file I have only MainMenu.xib available. Have I done something wrong? Oh yea, I am using version 3.2 in snow leopard
Thanks for any help you can give.

Hello,
xib is the text version of the same nib prior to compiling. It was introduced in Xcode 3.0 to make it easier to deal with and facilitate use in version control systems. Where ever you see references to do something with a nib file you can basically use the xib instead. I'm also using 3.2 in Snow leopard and have found a few changes to the interface builder that don't neccessarily line up with this tutorial. This is still a relevent and excellent tutorial. Just take your time and try to discover the changes that have been made yourself. It will help you when you look at other tutorials on the web.
Regards,

Kevin

cybris

cybris

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I'm trying to make an app but run into a question it's probably very easy but I'm new to mac development.

I want to create a button like a next or continue button that will either close the current window and open a new one or remove the current items on the window and put up new stuff.

Basically like on installers where you have next and back buttons.

diaboni

diaboni

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
I found this tutorial to be really useful and comprehensive, but I am still having problems. When I drag the controller.h file into the IB document window I get a message saying "1 source file parsed, no classes found or changed". I think this may be the source of my later difficulties in trying to control drag the objects to the controller methods. I can't drag from the controller to the buttons, and when I drag the text fields to the controller I only get one option, "delegate".

I'm using version 3.2.1 for Snow Leopard. So I thought there might be subtle changes between the versions that might account for the difficulties I'm encountering.

Thanks

***Update*** ignore me...I had to close Xcode and save changes to the header file, and then reread the file in IB to get all the methods loaded.

KaHa6uc

KaHa6uc

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Perfect "Absolute Beginners' Tutorial". Thank you, brother!

AMarq09

AMarq09

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks a lot for this doing this. Easy to follow.

ar_hansen

ar_hansen

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Thanks for the tutorial.

However, I got to the end and built the thing and you're right - it doesn't do anything. I can enter numbers into the text boxes and move the slider and press the buttons but none of them have any effect on anything else. I did not read what the app was actually supposed to do but I'm guessing it's more than nothing.

How does one start the trouble shooting process? I'm good with Python but as a mac user I thought I should try xcode so I don't know how to start looking for the problem.

Ta,
A.

qreed

qreed

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
Great work!

eeetemptemp

eeetemptemp

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
This tutorial helped me a lot. However it seem I can't find the PDF file anymore, can you reupload it again ??

Thanks.

cohoman

cohoman

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Excellent Tutorial... Thanks for posting it.

I'm very new to Mac programming and have been reading several Objective-C books, and now I'm trying to figure out how to use Interface Builder to tie my app's controls to my coding. This tutorial is just what I needed to get me started.

Thanks again.

cohoman

MemoXC4

MemoXC4

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Does enybody know where is the PDF?
I can't find it. I know is old, but is it still available? can anybode send it to me or make it available online?

I will appreciate it

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy