how could i remove this heck?

muitommy

21 posts in this topic

i can get rid of this file by dragging the file out of the bin,

but a moment later, it appears again in the bin ...

sry i can't provide any more info here, cus this file seems

appear out of the blue ... hope someone can help me a bit! :rolleyes:

post-23385-1204636819_thumb.png

thanks!! :P

There's a program called ONYX load it, it has a secure recycle bin contents remover

It also has many other nice utilities one can use!

SticMAN

Doesn't work with Onyx, Cocktail, Mainmenu, or others. The useless file is in the trash of the Fat32 partition. Onyx doesn't work in that area.

@XanthraX, thanks, will try later. but now have some problems downloading the disk order (the link seems to be dead:(

@sticman, thanks ... i tried the secure delete in onyx, but doesn't work

p.s. i locate the bad file in .trash (fat32 partition), and delete it through parallels, but windows cannot locate the file ...

Try Disk Order in www.versiontracker.org, and type "Disk Order" in the Search box. It is shareware, but you can do what you need.

In Windows, under Parallels, even you can see the hidden files, you cannot remove these, because is active when MacOSX runs.

You can delete it without Disk Order if you know how to use the terminal

Open Terminal [/Applications/Utilities/Terminal]

and type:

sudo -s [Enter]

Password type your password here (it is not shown) [Enter]

cd /Volumes/YourFat32VolumeName/.Trashes [Enter]

ls

you will see the name of the file

rm -rf thenameoftheheck [Enter]

exit

quit Terminal

Try Disk Order in www.versiontracker.org, and type "Disk Order" in the Search box. It is shareware, but you can do what you need.

In Windows, under Parallels, even you can see the hidden files, you cannot remove these, because is active when MacOSX runs.

You can delete it without Disk Order if you know how to use the terminal

Open Terminal [/Applications/Utilities/Terminal]

and type:

sudo -s [Enter]

Password type your password here (it is not shown) [Enter]

cd /Volumes/YourFat32VolumeName/.Trashes [Enter]

ls

you will see the name of the file

rm -rf thenameoftheheck [Enter]

exit

quit Terminal

thanks for your help.

hmm, doesn't work ...

try disk order, no difference after pressing delete (see screenshot)

terminal the same, error, file name too long ...

post-23385-1204640388_thumb.png

:hysterical: this let me think of , last time i had the similar rubbish in windows side (very large size), i ended up format the drive to remove it ... (some privileges things)

:hysterical::D:P This is for StickMAN.

muitommy, can you boot into Windows, to see these partition? If yes, try delete it from there. Firstly, make visible the hidden files or folders in Explorer.

Or try in windows to get a checkdisk on this partition. AFAIK, I deleted it with DiskOrder.

You can look in Google "nul file in Trash" or something else. You can find other solutions.

unlocker won't help cus windows cannot locate the file, not cannot be accessed...

but i can change the directory name, and now it disappear in my bin and become a visible file in finder... wtf

Congrats. Just remember. The nulnulnul file is in the .Trashes directory in the Fat32 partition. You find a solution to delete it. You can delete the entire .Trashes directory. Mac OS X will create one when it access the fat32 partition.

I had a file like this once on a USB key, turns out the file system was corrupted :rolleyes:

Have you tried booting into single user mode before loginwindow starts and deleting .Trashes manually?

i can get rid of this file by dragging the file out of the bin,

but a moment later, it appears again in the bin ...

sry i can't provide any more info here, cus this file seems

appear out of the blue ... hope someone can help me a bit! :rolleyes:

post-23385-1204636819_thumb.png

thanks!! :wacko:

I had a similar problem. The files were on a network drive, and everytime I logged on to the network drive, they were put back in Trash. I had to delete them manually from the .Trash folder on the network drive.

I had a file like this once on a USB key, turns out the file system was corrupted :thumbsdown_anim:Have you tried booting into single user mode before loginwindow starts and deleting .Trashes manually?
i can only move the file somewhere within the drive, but no way to delete it .. cus terminal said the file name is too long..wtffor remedy, i can only make it out of my sight ... :(
I had a similar problem. The files were on a network drive, and everytime I logged on to the network drive, they were put back in Trash. I had to delete them manually from the .Trash folder on the network drive.
you're lucky, i can't even delete it manually ..

it caused problem as it had a \ in the file name. All you had to do was rm -rf and file name but for every \ you must put two \. It would have then deleted it without issues. Quirks of UNIX