Multiple monitors with 2 graphics cards, is it possible.

dakine

5 posts in this topic

I have a GA-P35-DS4 motherboard with two PCIE slots, I currently have a Geforce 7800GTX card in the x16 slot. I am thinking about adding another graphics card, (I have a spare Geforce 6200 LE car) in the x4 slot so that I can connect another monitor to have a total of 3 monitors to span the desktop across the 3 monitors.

Does anyone think this is possible with my current system and Leopard, or for that matter any OS.

why not try it out and report? :unsure:

would be very interesting ro others to hear your results!

BTW, i have a 7600gs lying around, i can try that too with my other 7600gs in one of my machines... Lets see if that may work with my gfx string and 10.5.1 vanilla???

Not much success with multiple cards.

Well I didn't have much luck with this experiment. Leopard wouldn't boot up, NVInject did seem to identify both cards but after that the system locked up, no Kernel panic, just lock up. I tried swapping the video cards in the PCI slotsm but that didn't help. I don't know enough about the workings of Leopard to troubleshoot any further. Oh Well, Nice try anyway.

On the XP side I had a little bit better results. I was able to get the three monitors working and spanning the desktop like I wanted to, however it wasn't very stable. On boot-up about every other boot up I would get the BSOD with a page fault. What was interesting was it was pretty much repeatable, every other boot up it would work correctly.

Oh well, I really didn't need more than two monitors anyway.