10.5.5 iDeneb 1.3 install guide (for custom system)

fayze

150 posts in this topic

the Hash Tab computes both md5 and Sha1 hashes. the dl site you got the disc from probly lists the md5, but it will say which it is. you need to compare the hash from the hash tab to the exact file you dl'd. if they dont match, then the iso is corrupted and you need to dl it again.

I have read that with the message I get, I might need to apply a patch to the DVD. So I acquired the iDeneb_v1.3_nForce_Patch, patched the ISO, burnt it, and tried everything again. Unfortunately to no avail. I'm really at a loss here. It worked before (the installer loaded), so I wonder what might have changed that it doesn't now.

Seejay:

you.... need to put your specs in your sig.

and be more specific on what each part is. you need to find out what model the ethernet, wireless, sound, and usb are. maybe not usb, its kinda generic. go to your manufacturers web page for the laptop and find the drivers. itll tell you what each is, then you can search the forums, and put it in your sig.

orion:

you successfully made the fat32 partition correct?

is the disc scratched or anything?

also, didnt you have it installed at one point earlier?

did you recently change any bios settings? that seems to be the most likely problem.

I kept downloading the iDeneb 10.5.5 but it always shows up with different Hash Code..

Is it possible for me to burn it and then REBUILD it using this Chameleon method??

chameleon.osx86.hu/articles/how-to-rebuild-an-install-dvd-with-chameleons-cdboot

It is said there that I can rebuild any MAC OS X install disc...

Please help me.. I am stuck with the same problem for a very long time now...

my specs are

Display: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3450

IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers: Intel® ICH9M/M-E 2 port Serial ATA Storage Controller 1 - 2928, Intel® ICH9M/M-E 2 port Serial ATA Storage Controller 2 - 292D

IEEE 1394 Bus host controllers: OHCI Compliant IEEE 1394 Host Controller

Webcam: Chicony USB 2.0 Camera

Modem: HDAUDIO Soft Data Fax Modem with SmartCP

Network Adapters: Marvell Yukon 88E8040T PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller, Intel® WiFi Link 5100 AGN

SCSI and RAID controllers: O2Micro Integrated MMC/SD Controller, O2Micro Integrated MS/MSPRO/xD Controller

Sound: ATI HDMI Audio, Conexant High Definition SmartAudio 221

System Devices: Microsoft UAA Bus Driver for High Definition Audio, Intel® 82801 PCI Bridge - 2448, Intel® ICH9M LPC Interface Controller - 2919, Intel® ICH9 Family SMBus Controller - 2930, Intel® ICH9 Family PCI Express Root Port 1 - 2940, Intel® ICH9 Family PCI Express Root Port 5 - 2948, Intel® ICH9 Family PCI Express Root Port 6 - 294A, Mobile Intel® 4 Series Chipset Processor to DRAM Controller - 2A40, Mobile Intel® 4 Series Chipset PCI Express Root Port - 2A41

Universal Serial Bus Controllers: USB Composite Device, Intel® ICH9 Family USB Universal Host Controller - 2934, Intel® ICH9 Family USB Universal Host Controller - 2935, Intel® ICH9 Family USB Universal Host Controller - 2936, Intel® ICH9 Family USB Universal Host Controller - 2937, Intel® ICH9 Family USB Universal Host Controller - 2938, Intel® ICH9 Family USB Universal Host Controller - 2939, Intel® ICH9 Family USB2 Enhanced Host Controller - 293A, Intel® ICH9 Family USB2 Enhanced Host Controller - 293C

you successfully made the fat32 partition correct?

is the disc scratched or anything?

also, didnt you have it installed at one point earlier?

did you recently change any bios settings? that seems to be the most likely problem.

Yes. I tried FAT32, I tried no partition, I also tried Mac OS Extended Journaled.. 

The DVD looks fine, and I also reburnt it after applying the patch (which did not seem to change one thing). I checked the partition for errors as well, but it all seems fine..

I did indeed have it installed before. But as it wouldn't boot from the harddrive, but always only from the DVD, I expected a bad installation and just formatted over the partition (which oddly enough didn't keep Mac OS from booting, until I securely erased everything on it).

I didn't touch the bios since it worked last time. This is really odd stuff.

Hi, I've posted something similar elsewhere, but, I thought I may try here too if no-one minds. The basic story is that I put together a list of what seemed to be very compatible equipment, went to my local pc shop and managed to get everything I wanted except the graphics card. So I improvised. I was going to get a NVidia 8600, which many people seem to have got working, unfortunately I got an Nvidia 9500GT. So far I've installed Kalyway 10.5.2 which works with the internal graphics no problem, but I'm having real problems trying to understand how to get my graphics card working.

In the various posts which I have looked at, people say that you need the 10.5.5 update to get the nVidia 9000 series cards working. Does anyone know if this is true and if so, would installing iDeneb 1.3 help? Many thanks in advance :)

My spec list is:

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-EP45C-DS3R

Processor: Intel Q6600

RAM: DDR2 1066Mhz

Graphics: NVidia 9500GT

yahonmaizosz:

iDeneb already uses Chameleon, so theres no point to rebuild it. one thing though, are you sure youre checking the hash code to the specific place you dl'd it from? if not, it could be different. also note if the hash they give you is for a zipped form of the disc, or a folder of the disc and something else.

Seejay:

try these for ethernet, audio, usb, and video or using a kalyway install.

wireless probly wont ever work, intel chips dont have a good track record. might as well just look around for a replacement and buy a 10$ card or usb adapter.

its just google, dont be scared to use it. its all i do. i only have experience with my own specs, the rest i just search for.

orion:

sorry man, im not sure about that board. it might be causing lots of your problems.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/lofiversi...hp/t100074.html that says some things about it, see what you can find out. they seem to be favoring Zephyroth discs, but who knows. maybe give that a shot?

mark the ninja:

yes iDeneb 1.3 is a 10.5.5 install. so if the kexts you need are in 10.5.5, then you could try this install. you could also try updating, but that might be tricky, or fail and you lose all the files you didnt back up.

Hi,

I have installed iDeneb 10.5.5 on one of the partitions on my 2nd HDD - it tells me that is succesfully installed, but when I try to boot into it my machine restarts. My PC is

ASUS Commando P965/ICH8 chipset.

Seagate Barracuda ST3500320AS SATA2 set to AHCI.

Intel Pentium D 2.80GHz - supports SSE3.

GeForce 6600 128MB with TV-Out

In Customize screen I have selected these

X11 window system

for chipset

ICHx Fixed

Kernel:

• 9.5.0 Vanilla (Intel/SSE3)

none selected

by default installs vanilla 9.5.0

Ethernet

AppleYukon2 - for Marvell Yukon 2

Video

NVidia:

• NVinject 0.2.1 per 128,256,320,512,640,768 Mb e 1Gb

• NVinjectGO

• NVinjectGO 512MB

• NVKush

I have selected NVInject 128MB RAM

Applications

only Firefox selected.

it might be that you have it on a second hdd. try unplugging your other hdds and see if it will boot. if not, keep them unplugged and try reinstalling again. see if that at least gives you some errors to work with.

it might be that you have it on a second hdd. try unplugging your other hdds and see if it will boot. if not, keep them unplugged and try reinstalling again. see if that at least gives you some errors to work with.

I have unplugged first HDD which is with Windows Vista, and it was unplugged all the time. I've tried to boot iDeneb 2 times and two times - machine just reboots with no explanation.. I think the problems are with drivers, maybe not to install any driver. Also before 1 month I have tried with iATKOS 5i 10.5.5 and it didn't went well also - messed allthe drivers, selected 2 or 3 kernels and iATKOS team says in README there, that there are problems with this chipset.

you can try running the install without the ichx fix, then seeing if it will boot. then apply it afterwards. not really sure though. also, you could try setting your sata back to normal in bios. some boards dont have a problem with it.

I have VMware Image of MAC OS X - i have downloaded it, and it works fine, except the fact it is very slow even with 2GB RAM dedicated. I know that to run MAC from VMware it straightly depends on your mobo. I have read for only 1 person in wiki wich have installed on ASUS Commando, but the release was 10.5.1. So there is still a chance to get work this thing.

EDIT

I have tried and it can't be done... The big problem is the mobo, not the chipset. I have one disc with Tiger JaS release which I have installed under VMware. Maybe I can give him a try tommorow. It's Tiger - 10.4.8 with Combo Update 10.4.9. But is there possibility to upgrade it to Leopard? And there is a chance I can get a ASUS P5K-E mobo, is she so supported?

its better to just start installing leopard. upgrading from tiger can get messy. plus leopard has support for more hardware already built into it. i dont know about that motherboard, search the forums and see if anyone has any experience with it.

I just downloaded another image from torrent.. I checked the MD5 hash and it matches.. However, after burning into DVD and booting up, it gives me the same error message "apple.boot.plist is not found"

I am really confused here.. I had tried different distros, Kalyway, IAtkos, iDeneb and they all give me the same error message..

What could be causing these problems??

Thank you for your reply Fayze..

My DVD Drive is SATA and I burn it with 4x speed..

Here is a complete list of my setup:

ASUS Maximus Formula

Intel Q6600 @ 3.6Ghz

OCZ 8GB DDR2 960

3x150GB RAPTOR (10K) RAID 0

EVGA 7950GX2

Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty

Antec TruePower Quattro 1000W

2x30' DELL 3007WFP-HC

Btw, I used ROXIO to burn the .iso image to my DVD..

It takes only 2 minutes for it to burn the entire image? Is it normal?? I am not familiar with these stuffs, so sorry for the noob questions..

Thx for your help again Fayze...

It turns out that the rascal is ROXIO.. I used IMGBURN and it turns out that ALL the images I burnt previously are usable..!!

I installed mine with iAtkos 10.5.5.. Smoothly... Everything is perfect except:

1. I cannot connect to internet

2. I do not have the resolution of 2560 x 1600 for my 2 30' Dell 3007WFP-HC monitors

3. I do not have sound

Can anyone please tell me where to look for help for these issues??

If all these issues are gone, I am seriously considering installing this OS as my Primary OS (Replacing Vista Ultimate)

• 9 months later...

hey guys, i need help. I have a custom pc here that everytime i try to install iDeneb 1.3 10 5 5, it just crashes not even a quarter of the way through the instal. Im guessing im not choosing the correct things on customize settings. My system specs are :

EVGA 590 SLi Mobo

AMD Athlonx2 2.4Ghz CPU

EVGA Geforce 8800GTS Graphics Card

200GB ATA Western Digital Hard Drive

CDR / DVD-ROM Samsung Disk Drive

would realllllyy appreciate the help asap!