10.5.5 iDeneb 1.3 install guide (for custom system)

fayze

150 posts in this topic

in mac you can open up a terminal and browse the disk to copy out a package and then run it. once you put the disc in, open up terminal and do 'cd /Volumes/iDeneb\ v1.3\ 10.5.5/System/Installation/Packages/Patches'. that will put you in the root of the patches folder. then you can cd into each of the sections to find the one youre looking for. patches/fix/power_off fix is the one you might need i think. so 'cd Fix/' then 'cp -r PowerOff_Fix.pkg ~/Desktop/' to copy it onto your desktop. then you can exit the terminal and run the package. other than that, you might be able to change kernels to fix the power problem. like the sleep kernel from... someone. modbin or toh maybe, i dont remember. im using voodoo kernel right now.

for graphics, you could try to use OSX86Tools to make a hex string and change your boot.plist. also, you might be able to use NVKush. but im not sure what that does anymore, i just remember its an alternative to natit.

and put that info in your sig, its very helpful for reference when you post asking for help.

Thanks for your advice! I haven't had a chance to try them out yet, (just work, no fun) but I'll get back to this thread when I know how it worked.

About the signature - so obvious I didn't see it myself...

Ok so after 2 weeks of taking a break on trying to get this to work....Im going to go back at it yet again (windows sucks and Linux Needs work)

So Why Will it boot the Dvd and Run the installer and then not boot up..???should i not install any extra kernels or driver patches??

And the sig on my profile i havent found where to put it on yet...(i know i know) Been out of the forum light for a while.

Thanks

the reason it can boot off the disc is because .... im not sure actually. its probably something to do with the way the kexts are loaded differently.

so even with the agpgart option check you couldnt get it to install? list your specs again and say which package you chose for each part, or nothing if you didnt choose anything. maybe that will help us narrow it down.

Amd 64 2800 Clawahmmer core with the extra 512 l2 disabled.

768mb ram

Gigabyte k8ns nforce3 chipset

realtek 8185 wireless adapter

a 40gb hd running xp

a 60gb hd trying to run osx

lite-on dvd burner

And I believe that i have tried just about every config i can think of without doing anything that requires sse3

im not sure man. try removing the wireless and the extra hd to remove variables. try using a different dvdrom if you have one. do you have another graphics card to swap in? what type of hdd is it? ide or sata? and you couldnt see anything in -v on boot?

ok so quick update...

i got further !

I went -v on the dvd startup and watched what all it was loading up..

i figured out that i need kernel 9.2 (but which one i dont know sleep seems to work better)

i also figured out that i needed click on the option under fixes "cpu=1" or something like that...

so i done a new install and i could get to a blank screen with a mouse cursur but the whole thing was frozen..no kernel errors though..

I can boot -x and get to the actual mac welcome setup..but nothing works no keys no mouse nothing but can at least see it.

Now here is what i chose to install tell me if i should do less..

- Amd patch

- Nvidia chipset drivers

- forcedeth

- agpgart fix

- acpi fix

- iousb fix

- cpu=1 something

- apple smbios old version and macpro version (the reason i clicked mac pro one time is because the system profiler in setup showed it as a mac pro)

- and i have tried nvinject and nvkush same results on both.

- oh and i also went back to using a ps2 key and ps2 mouse and disabled my legacy key option in my bios (believe it was causing a problem too but now my ps2 works in setup)

and to answer your question all my hds are ide havent upgraded to sata yet my vid card i wish i had another but i dont. and my wifi i s a realtek 8185 which i seen there are drivers for in one of the install sections.

so there yah have it...im getting closer i think.

Thanks again for all of your help.

UpDATE!

Installed again this morning with all the drivers and patches that i need..and well i can get to the stup osx screen, but ii have no video for it i can hear it and i can select OSkeyboard and tab around and it will talk to me but no video. I have tried to change graphics mode on the boot but it doesnt work. My monitor stays on acting like a sginal is present but nothing on screen shows up.

I tried just guessing the configuration patches needed for my hardware during installing iDeneb v1.3 1.5.5 for myself and it managed to install but applications such as Chess dont render properly, and when I installed iLife and iWorks some of the applications crash and dont load. Could someone please tell me the patches I need to select for my hardware listed below. I got sound to work but thats because I basicly selected everything from that list. Also, is there anyway I can get my wireless internet to work. I have a Targa WLAN 11g USB 2.0 Adapter.

Hardware Overview:

Processor Name: AMD Athlonâ„¢ 64 Processor 3700+

Processor Speed: 2.2 GHz

Total Number Of Cores: 1

CPU Features: FPU VME DE PSE TSC MSR PAE MCE CX8 APIC SEP MTRR PGE MCA CMOV PAT PSE36 CLFSH MMX FXSR SSE SSE2 SSE3

Memory: 1 GB

Bus Speed: 200 MHz

Boot ROM Version: BOOT.88Z.EFI.V80.061193037 (Phoenix Technologies, LTD)

Network:

Built-in Serial Port (1):

Type: PPP (PPPSerial)

Hardware: Modem

BSD Device Name: serial1

Has IP Assigned: No

FireWire:

Type: FireWire

Hardware: FireWire

BSD Device Name: fw0

Has IP Assigned: No

Thank you :thumbsdown_anim:

hey im looking to find help to triple boot ideneb v10.5.5, ubuntu 8.10 and winxp

currently i have winxp and ubuntu dual booting under grub

how do i go about installing and adding ideneb to the boot list

my specs are

Toshiba M300

250gb hd, partitioned to, 50gb xp, 80gb for myself, 50gb for ubuntu, 50gb possibly for ideneb

4gb ram

2g processor

ati mobility radeon 3470

Totty:

if you have an agp card you might not need to use nvidia kexts. good that you got it installed though. the other patches look good though for your specs. if you ever boot and the keyboard/mouse dont work, you might need to try another ApplePS2Controller.kext

dav1d:

that list doesnt really give us much info on you computer. list your mobo, cpu, and graphics card. also, use windows or your mobo manufacturers webpage to find out what kind of sound it has built in.

zipzero:

what options did you select at boot? from those screens, it could be your lan card that is causing problems. but thats just a guess.

Seejay:

you could probably install mac onto a partition and let the darwin loader do the work for your tri booting purposes. also i think grub can handle it as well if you do the chain0 method. so either way you should be fine. as far as install options go, you need to check the wiki for your laptop. for radeon drivers, im not sure because i dont have an ati card. other than that the wireless, lan and sound will probly give you some trouble till you find out what exactly they are.

disabled Lan from the bios

during install

AMD patch selected

no graphics or network drivers selected

Ac 97 audio selected

XNU kernel selected

nforce fix selected

the apple...bios fix selected

???? on booot gets that point and freezes

any suggestions?

Thanks inadvance

you might need to try the cpus=1 for boot flag. if that doesnt work, try installing some natit kexts for your graphics. and try to find out specifically what lan card you have. it might be causing a hang.

Heres my hardware configuration:

MoBo: Asus A8N-E

Cpu: AMD Athlon 64 Processor 3700+

RAM: 2x 512 Mb

Video: ATI Radeon X1600 Series

Audio: Realtec ALC850 (Intergrated)

Lan: nForce 4

HD: Seagate 300GB SATA300

DVD: LG GDR-8164B

DVD Writer: LG GSA-4166B

So which patches should i select? thanks so much ;)

Could you also tell me how I would go about getting it connected to my wireless internet. I use a "Netgear Wireless Routor WGR614 v5" and have a "Targa WLAN 11g USB 2.0 Adapter" that I used when I had windows running on it. Could I get this to work or is there something else I should buy to use instead?

id say go with the amd and nforce patch. you should be able to find an audio package on the disc. im not sure about the video though. is it an agp card? if so use agpgart. if not, try an ati kext.

as far as wireless goes, im not sure. dont have that wireless card. the router doesnt matter though. wifi is wifi.

Thanks fayze.

I selected all of the right patches but now when ever it loads for the first time after installation its just a white screen with nothing else :S I think its probably the video patch ive selected. One of the patchs is for the ATI Radeon X1600. I'll try it with the one u suggested.

a kernel panic is generally when something doesnt load correctly and crashes the system. usually itll stop scrolling text and say something like "Debugger called panic" then list a bunch of stuff that points to what caused it. sometimes it will just hang after printing something, and that might be the cause of the kernel panic.

Ok i selected agpgart patch and it installed correctly (even though its PCIe bus, not AGP). Why doesnt it work when I select the ATI Radeon X1600 PCIe patch, doesnt make sense. Anyway, the chess game still doesnt render properly so im lost. I tried using this method shown in the 2nd post but to no avail: http://hackint0sh.org/forum/f145/53648.htm

wait you used agpgart and it worked, when the card is actually pcie? thats... retarded. not quite sure why it did work. is your card the exact same as the one in the guide you referenced? if so, im not quite sure what to tell you. it sounds like you dont have QE/CI yet. have you tried using hex strings?

if you can boot to leopard, run OSX86Tools and choose add efi strings. then create one for your graphics card and apply it. if you cant use the tool, give me the exact info on your card and i can try to make one. ill need the name, size, and connector layout from left to right looking at the card when its in the back of the computer.