Adding BT Device ID?

10 posts in this topic

How and where do you add a BT dongle device ID and vendor ID to the IOBluetoothFamily.kext?

I have a Logitech BT Dongle and read if you add the ID to the kext, OSX will pick it up as a bluetooth device properly.

*This was easy for my video card but not sure where to input the information for the bluetooth device.

Trying to connect my Logitech Dinovo Keyboard, numerical pad and mouse. (All bluetooth)

edit: found an IOBluetoothFamily.kext on the website that now detected my Logitech dongle perfectly.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

This is the kext I used for my Logitech bluetooth dongle.

I used Kext Helper to install. I had to restart after. Bluetooth didn't work until I unplugged my USB dongle waited a few seconds and plugged it back in while holding the "Connect" button. If I didn't hold the button then it just worked as a wireless 2.4Ghz module instead of the bluetooth standard. All that was a 1 time procedure. After restarts now, the dongle comes up as Bluetooth.

http://dmtrx.ca/IOBluetoothFamily.kext.rar

• 6 months later...

I can confirm that this kext helped me instantly with a cheap little USB bluetooth dongle that suddenly stopped working at 10.5.6 ...

USB Device Name = ISSCEDRBTA

Product ID: 0x1004

Vendor ID: 0x1131

Version: 3.73

Manufacturer: ISSC

Definitely fixed the 'hang while pairing' issue for me.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I can confirm that this kext helped me instantly with a cheap little USB bluetooth dongle that suddenly stopped working at 10.5.6 ...

USB Device Name = ISSCEDRBTA

Product ID: 0x1004

Vendor ID: 0x1131

Version: 3.73

Manufacturer: ISSC

Definitely fixed the 'hang while pairing' issue for me.

MetalMatrix's http://dmtrx.ca/IOBluetoothFamily.kext.rar kext worked for me, as well on the same device. Such a cheap little bluetooth module that I can now use! It was only 10 bucks and so lo-pro. Thanks!

• 2 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have a Logitech MX5500 Revolution Bluetooth Keyboard and mouse ... these work fine in OSX , but with no Bluetooth functionality . I cannot connect other BT devices . I did add the Device and Vendor ID to the Broadcom kext in the IOBLUETOOTHFAMILITY.KEXT file but each time i restart the system i need to presss and hold the connnect button on the BT dongle to get it to recognize ..... any better ways to get around this ?