Help With Zephyroth leopard 10.5.2 AMD-EFI

rusky04

30 posts in this topic

im a noob at this and i cant get anything to work read a bunch on instruction and still cant do anything (noob)

here are my system specs

hp m8330F

Prossesor name: AMD Phenom 9500 quad-core processor

Package: Socket AM2+ (940)

Motherboard: Asustek

Model: Asus M2N68-LA

Chipset: Nvidia MCP61

SouthBridge: Nvidia MCP61

LPCIO: FINTEK F8000

RAM: 3GB

Video Card:Nvidia GeForce 8500Gt 256MB

ok prettymuch when i put the Zephyroth leopard 10.5.2 AMD-EFI DVD in the drive and reboot the computer, then it asks me to hit any key to boot from cd if i do that it reboots the computer , if i hit f8 for advanced menu and type -x for safe mode reboots , -s for single mode reboots , -v reboots as well , anything i type in it always reboots, if some one would help my i would really appreciate it , if i started this thread pointlessly let me know and i will post it in the right place, thnx alot

im a noob at this and i cant get anything to work read a bunch on instruction and still cant do anything (noob)

here are my system specs

hp m8330F

Prossesor name: AMD Phenom 9500 quad-core processor

Package: Socket AM2+ (940)

Motherboard: Asustek

Model: NARRA3

Chipset: Nvidia MCP61

SouthBridge: Nvidia MCP61

LPCIO: FINTEK F8000

RAM: 3GB

Video Card:Nvidia GeForce 8500Gt 256MB

ok prettymuch when i put the Zephyroth leopard 10.5.2 AMD-EFI DVD in the drive and reboot the computer, then it asks me to hit any key to boot from cd if i do that it reboots the computer , if i hit f8 for advanced menu and type -x for safe mode reboots , -s for single mode reboots , -v reboots as well , anything i type in it always reboots, if some one would help my i would really appreciate it , if i started this thread pointlessly let me know and i will post it in the right place, thnx alot

AMD Phenom 9500 quad-core processor might be a problem, try cpu=1

multicore AMD processors are known issue.

try contact toh or google for multicore amd MAC OS X Leopard kernel

AMD Phenom 9500 quad-core processor might be a problem, try cpu=1

multicore AMD processors are known issue.

try contact toh or google for multicore amd MAC OS X Leopard kernel

Well i pareciate ure reply for my problem will look in to looking for multicore kernel,

IF anyone knows anything else about this problem plz post thnx again

ive formated my second hard drive to hfs format and disconected my first hard drive tryed installing the leopard but still no matter what i do my pc restarts if i give it any kind of command can someone plz help me or direct me in the right way thnx

do what zandera said, try to put in cpu=1 and boot. that should fix your problem for booting the disk. if not, then try -v -x and see. i don't know what to tell you from there, except not to use the new Phenom lol, may be to beastly for osx to handle the amd phenom.

i have a phenom 9600 BE i couldent get 10.5.2 to boot @ all try zeph 10.5.1 i had no probs there

and i did try cpus=1 -x -v etc etc

I downloaded the zheps 10.5.1 , tried booting from DVD and it restarts at the part where it says "Firewire enabled to determine security mode" with -x , -v-s , -v-x , cpus=1 , -v-s cpus=1 , and also some other erors here are some pictures

post-194435-1204846289_thumb.jpg

post-194435-1204846316_thumb.jpg

try disableing firewire (ieee 1394) controller in the bios and while ur there disable legacy usb then try it out

and u can try -legacy in the options that worked for my brothers pc but thats still a work in progress lol

Quick Fixhey i had that still waiting for root device tooo my hard drives are connected with a ATA cable.What i did was put the hard drive ATA cable and put the end of it in the motherboard where the cd rom drive is supposed to be connected to the motherboard. And then put the CD rom ATA connecter end of the cable where the harddrive is, which is usually a blue color and connected that to the cd rom drive. Just switched it so the CD Rom dirve is the primary Master and the hard drive is the Second Master. That fixed it for me.Hope u understand what im trying to say lol...Heres what an ata cable looks like http://www.gshop.com.au/images/ide_133_cable.jpgTell me if this works :P

Hey i have the same machine and same problem as you.

I have tryed many things including boottags.

But the weird thing is that i have Zephs 10.5.1 and it boots perfectly but it freezes when i format my 2nd hard drive to HFS+

Can someone please help?

btw my HDDs are SATA and they are both 320 GB

Quadcore Phenom

AMD Live!

thanx in advance

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone, (first post :P)

I have an AMD Phenom 9600+ as well and I can't seem to be able to format my sata either. I have tried two versions of leopard and one just restarts while booting and the other just cannot format my sata.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

• 2 months later...

1. Install Zeph's OS X 10.5.1 (there is no instant reboot problem with this install DVD on Phenom, all other install DVDs will reboot on boot)

1.1. If you have "waiting for root device" message on boot, you need to add chipsets ext to install DVD, this is can been done easy with Transmac under Windows. Just download chipsets kext, copy it to Extensions folder on ISO (using Transmac) and burn new install DVD. Boot DVD with "-f -v" flags.

1.2 If you have "blinking cursor" problem on boot of installed OS X, here is the solution http://osx86.wikidot.com/known-issues#toc3

2. Update to 10.5.2 using "10.5.2 Update for AMD only, eddie11c".

3. Install Apple Graphics Update

4. Install drivers (video, audio) (kext helper is a good tool, if something goes wrong you can delete trouble kext from Windows using Transmac or just boot with -s flag, do as sayed on screen and with help of unix commands (rm (remove), cp (copy), ls(list current dir), cd (change directory)) fix problem from shell)

5. Update kernel to latest (using Kalyway all kernels package)

6. Fix rosetta (if games and some apps are crashing on start) (Solution taken from here http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...1260&st=0#)

6.1. Download this file: http://rapidshare.com/files/96033590/oah.zip.html

6.2. As root, move /usr/libexec/oah directory somewhere safe for backup

sudo -s

cd /usr/libexec

cp -R oah oah.bak

6.3. Copy the downloaded file into /usr/libexec/

rm -rf /usr/libexec/oah

cp -R ~/Downloads/oah

--

Thanks to the developers for a chance to try Mac OSX!

#

CPU AMD Phenom 9500

MB MSI K9A2 CF (AMD 790X (RD780+SB600))

RAM A-DATA 2x2Gb DDR2 800

HDD SAMSUNG SP1614N (PATA)

HDD SAMSUNG HD753LJ (SATA)

DVD SAMSUNG TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-S203N SB00 (ATA)

GPU ATI Radeon HD3850

#

More here:

How to install Mac OS X Leopard on Spider platform (AMD Phenom)

• 2 months later...

Hi Shadow3K,

I am about to try and attempt to install zephyroth 10.5.1 on a K9A2 CF as well. Although you mention to copy the SB600 kexts to the extensions folder, I am a bit of a noob how do i do this? There is no extensions folder on the dvd installation disc, I have optional installs directory though. Would you be able to elaborate a bit more if possible?

Thanks.

swilso

You should probably try lawlessPPC's 10.5.4 for Phenom release... This thread is slightly old news. Injecting .kexts into an install DVD requires a bit of learning (the installer is in a "package" - this isn't Windows... before you'll see the folders he mentions, you have to have software that'll open and manipulate the package - once you add the files, you'll have to re-burn the install DVD. SO, there might be easier ways...) Zephyroth 10.5.1 worked for me on a Gigabyte GA-MA78GM S2H MB, but I installed to an external HD. My internal drives worked (after a fashion - even though I have an SB700) because I enabled AHCI in the BIOS. Then I got Chameleon EFI for Phenom installed and it runs OSX fairly well.

lawlessPPC's dist. is built from those early experiences and should be much easier to install... You should really be looking at infinitemac.com