GeForce 8400GS

6apxat

9 posts in this topic

Please help, I've just bought a new graphics card because the internal GMA950 didn't suit me on several positions, but I just can't get the new one working. It's a Zotac 8400GS 256mb, I've installed Kalyway 10.5.1 without vanilla (Pentium D), it was detected but only as 32mb and without QE/CI, no resolution select. 10.5.2 update for kalyway didn't change anything, neither did the leopard graphics update 1.0. After that I've installed the NVidia kexts like adviced here and now I have a black screen through the DVI connection. Can't test the VGA output, but anyway DVI is preferable. How can I get this stuff working?

Some problem video card 8400GS. I have it too. I try nvinject 0.2.1 ant i have a black screen at start :(So i found a some another way to fix this {censored} :)I put in my 7300GS, install nvinject 0.2.1, replace 7300GS with my 8400GS and... it works ! :)also i have a recomendation to write device id and nvcap in kextstry thisdownload NVCAP from here http://nvinject.free.fr/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1852#1852dump your firmware from 8400GS with NiBiTor (windows only)then put your dump to NVCAP maker and you will get NVCAP of your card.then put your NVCAP to info.plist in nvinject.kext using plist editor.if it will work fine for you, please post your reply here.

Some problem video card 8400GS. I have it too. I try nvinject 0.2.1 ant i have a black screen at start :(So i found a some another way to fix this {censored} :)I put in my 7300GS, install nvinject 0.2.1, replace 7300GS with my 8400GS and... it works ! :)also i have a recomendation to write device id and nvcap in kextstry thisdownload NVCAP from here http://nvinject.free.fr/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1852#1852dump your firmware from 8400GS with NiBiTor (windows only)then put your dump to NVCAP maker and you will get NVCAP of your card.then put your NVCAP to info.plist in nvinject.kext using plist editor.if it will work fine for you, please post your reply here.

Could you be more specific? What do you mean by dumping the BIOS?

Also - in theory - what would this do to prevent the cause of the problem?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I have a bfg 8400gs 512mb PCI version. I know the PCI-E version works, but I can't get mine working. I can get correct resolution if i use efi strings, but I can't get qe/ci. Most of the enablers give me a greyish blue screen if I use dvi or a panic if I use vga. I have tried both iatkos 10.5.7 and ideneb 10.5.7 with voodoo kernal (pentium 4 processor). Does anyone have any ideas?

• 11 months later...