Mac OS X Secretly Cripples Non-Apple Software

Forceman

43 posts in this topic

^^

Last 2 comments ... lol... doesn't really make sense to you either, huh? :thumbsup_anim:

That's funny, all the educated people here seemed to understand our point just fine. Weird.

Well I'd rather have an Apple blue face, than a microsoft brown nose like you ;)

Yep, gotta love the taskbar in my sig -- I made it in MS-Paint.

Are you really that simple minded to believe that someone who is opposing something (or multiple things) Apple is automatically pro-Microsoft? How old are you? 12?

@ A Nonny Moose: 'If the program works for A and B, but since it doesn't work well for C, means that there's something wrong with the program -- obviously not C' -- isn't really a level-headed way of looking at it...

So Apple is pulling the same dirty tricks that Monopolysoft has been doing

Try proving it with facts next time.

Are you really that simple minded to believe that someone who is opposing something Apple is automatically pro-Microsoft?

You have a history of being anti-Apple and pro-microsoft. I think that makes a slight difference :thumbsdown_anim:

Solution!!! stop complaining and find something new to use! being a windows native i had to start all over again and find new programs to use to replace the old favorites that i used in windows! granted i wish the new one's would run a bit faster in osx but that's what constant updates are for right? deal with it and move on! complaining about it here isn't gonna get you anywhere, complain to either mozilla or apple about it!

You have a history of being anti-Apple and pro-microsoft
Try proving it with facts next time.

Fail.

Solution!!! stop complaining and find something new to use! being a windows native i had to start all over again and find new programs to use to replace the old favorites that i used in windows! granted i wish the new one's would run a bit faster in osx but that's what constant updates are for right? deal with it and move on! complaining about it here isn't gonna get you anywhere, complain to either mozilla or apple about it!

Problem!!! complaining to apple about it won't accomplish anything (they're sticking it to 3rd party developers) and mozilla errr-- firefox team is complaining about these API's!!! read through the thread!

Fail.

Problem!!! complaining to apple about it won't accomplish anything (they're sticking it to 3rd party developers) and mozilla errr-- firefox team is complaining about these API's!!! read through the thread!

then i guess there's nothin to do other than deal with it!

I noticed IE loads faster than FireFox on Windows...

Guess I'll {censored} about that then.

Seriously, you guys are pathetic. There are few posts in this thread that are even intelligent. Maybe if you realized that Safari uses full Cocoa API's and Firefox DOESN'T, you would understand why it's slower. Camino is also faster than Firefox on hard/soft loads because of this reason. Start doing you're homework, or I am going to send you all to your room.

Your post had no point... you just defend Apple until your face turns blue.

All you said was:

Firefox would do the same if it had an OS.

Firefox is open source -- and open source developers make Linux... which doesn't have hidden API's to make certain programs run faster.

Can you contribute to the topic at least? Or does Apple pay you to say generic comments that compliment them?

You just contradicted yourself, you said his post had no point yet you said he can defend apple until his face turns blue. So his post had a point, to defend Apple.

You just contradicted yourself, you said his post had no point yet you said he can defend apple until his face turns blue.

Do yourself a favor and don't try to sort through Killa CLiDEs psycho babble. He has a long history of making comments that only he can decode. We love him for the entertainment value :soldiers:

@ A Nonny Moose: 'If the program works for A and B, but since it doesn't work well for C, means that there's something wrong with the program -- obviously not C' -- isn't really a level-headed way of looking at it...

It's the logical way of looking at it, though. If A and B are working and working fast, then shouldn't the issue be to make C run fast instead of crying about how you can't code for C (regardless of the API issue)?

To me, there are two solutions to this problem. Either cry about it (which the Firefox team is doing) or work to make it faster despite the issue. Crying over something only tells you certain negative things about the developer.