ASUS EN8600GT SILENT - NEED HELP

iceice

11 posts in this topic

Hello community members,

I finally got all my new stuff for my hackintosh and managed to install Leo, LAn,Sound,restart etc. working.

I also could update to 10.5.2 with this steps:

ComboUpdate -> repairing permissions via disk utility -> kernel update -> repairing permissions via disk utility

-> graphics update from the apple site

I did not used any of the video card options during the installation of Kalyway..

Now, I have the problem with the screen resolution.. The only resolution I can choose from is 1024 x 768 px..

But i have a 24" HP W2408h monitor..

So,my questions are:

A. : Is it possible to get this graphic card fully work under leo?

B.: If yes, what should I install or do ?

C.: What is QI/ce all people are talking about?

Now I give you a decription of the system..

mainboard: Gigabyte P35-DS3P rev 2.1

RAM.: 8 GB G.Skill DDRII8000

cpu: Intel Q6600

PSU: BeQuiet Dark Pro 550 W

graphic card: ASUS EN8600GT SILENT 512 MB

OS X distro used: Kalyway 10.5.1 - updated to 10.5.2

Thank you all in advance...

• 2 weeks later...
Hello community members,

I finally got all my new stuff for my hackintosh and managed to install Leo, LAn,Sound,restart etc. working.

I also could update to 10.5.2 with this steps:

ComboUpdate -> repairing permissions via disk utility -> kernel update -> repairing permissions via disk utility

-> graphics update from the apple site

I did not used any of the video card options during the installation of Kalyway..

Now, I have the problem with the screen resolution.. The only resolution I can choose from is 1024 x 768 px..

But i have a 24" HP W2408h monitor..

So,my questions are:

A. : Is it possible to get this graphic card fully work under leo?

B.: If yes, what should I install or do ?

C.: What is QI/ce all people are talking about?

Now I give you a decription of the system..

mainboard: Gigabyte P35-DS3P rev 2.1

RAM.: 8 GB G.Skill DDRII8000

cpu: Intel Q6600

PSU: BeQuiet Dark Pro 550 W

graphic card: ASUS EN8600GT SILENT 512 MB

OS X distro used: Kalyway 10.5.1 - updated to 10.5.2

Thank you all in advance...

This is my problem, too, with the same graphics card. I've been searching for days and can't seem to get my 8600 to work with any but the 1024x768 resolution. I tried the Punk drivers (and regular NVinject drivers on the Kaly install DVD) and my system wouldn't boot afterwards (lots of rebuilds). I tried the nVidia Universal Installer and it went OK, but still no access to any other resolutions. Am I missing something basic that I have to do after the driver install - like having to edit settings? If so, can someone tell me how to do that? I'm a real noob when it comes to Mac, and I haven't had a lot of success wading through hundreds of posts for an answer.

• 7 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Hi I am running ipc 10.5.6. with a EN8500GT SILENT using NVDarwin 512 with no problem.. using the DVI port with VGA converter, and a second monitor in the VGA port, both running 1440x900.

maybe this can help with the 8600?

saucerhead

Hi I am running ipc 10.5.6. with a EN8500GT SILENT using NVDarwin 512 with no problem.. using the DVI port with VGA converter, and a second monitor in the VGA port, both running 1440x900.

maybe this can help with the 8600?

saucerhead

Which brand / model ?

Does DUAL DVI would work as well ?

Running dual en8600gt cards under 10.5.6 with 3x 24" monitors. works a treat. All it takes is an annoyingly involved kext process and off you go. full QE support, runs nice and cool. And no, you can't run them sli (yet) but who plays games on a mac anyway?