What firmware ships on iPhones?

Ongeloof

28 posts in this topic

• 3 weeks later...

It doesn't matter. The firmware is not related to that information, you can update later (unless you unlock the iPhone for other networks, then you need to relock and virginize the baseband and, if I remember correctly, the bootloader, else you will most definitely brick your phone when you update).

DON'T USE ZIPHONE!!!!

It will incorrectly JB your iPhone. Numberzz and I had this issue. Go download iNdependence (the latest beta) and that will do the job right! :D

ZiPhone works just fine. I've used it personally on my iPod touch 8GB. 16GB and 32GB have been confirmed to work flawlessly on OTB iPod's, as well as 8GB and 16GB iPhones. The jailbreak is the Official Dev Team jailbreak as well. If you got "Spamming AT" endlessly, you need to restore and hit "Fix NVRAM" on ZiPhone 2.6b, and then jailbreak.

C'mon guys, do a little homework please instead of just posting to post.

I doubt i will ever use iNdependence, as ZiPhone is just a nice easy all in one thing, OOTB is something i want to be able to do..

I have all 3 JB apps though... ZiPhone, iNdependence, iJailbreak :)

I used ZiPhone remotely over Screen sharing this morning to break an iPod Touch :unsure:

Think Mark

• 4 weeks later...
I doubt i will ever use iNdependence, as ZiPhone is just a nice easy all in one thing, OOTB is something i want to be able to do..

I have all 3 JB apps though... ZiPhone, iNdependence, iJailbreak :)

I used ZiPhone remotely over Screen sharing this morning to break an iPod Touch :P

Think Mark

Got a new one a few hours ago, it came with 1.1.3

Oh, and I already broke it... :P, tried unlocking it

You should use iLiberty+. It's one-click like ZiPhone, and it doesn't screw up your boot loader. Works very well, just used it.

ZiPhone does not screws bootloader... I have unlocked a lot of iPhones with ZiPhone and i don't have troubles.

Well, just to make sure it doesn't screws, neutered bootloader and unlocked again. jajaja.

Just kidding... It works right with ZiPhone, so stop criticizing and use what you believe is good 4 u.

ZiPhone does not screws bootloader... I have unlocked a lot of iPhones with ZiPhone and i don't have troubles.

Well, just to make sure it doesn't screws, neutered bootloader and unlocked again. jajaja.

Just kidding... It works right with ZiPhone, so stop criticizing and use what you believe is good 4 u.

ZiPhone downgrades your bootloader, if you are on 4.6, to 3.9. There are a few ways around this, but it is still very annoying. Use Pwnage Tool anyway.

• 4 weeks later...