ATILead - natit-like injector for Radeon.

Slice

107 posts in this topic

I begin development of new injector based on sources of Natit-0.02 but I rename it for differ from nVidia injector.

It is only for Radeon especially 9xxx, X200-X900 (R200-R480). But may work and with other chips.

Don't use ATISlice with it. It is replacement!

1. My first attempt

Use it instead of CallistoHAL. In Callisto.kext one change

<key>IOProviderClass</key>
		  <string>IONDRVDevice</string>

Now I have two desktop but on the same monitor. Something wrong in info.plist?

EDITED: I have no good connection info so why I have no two displays.

2. Try to use ATINDRV

I change in info.plist OMNI,Callisto -> ATY,Wormy

and OMNI,JUPITER -> ATY,WormyParent

Yes, ATINDRV launched but with unreal frequency and LCD switched off.

Any advices what to change?

There are sources and compiled kext.

EDITED:

Version 1.2.0 at

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...91042&st=63

This version has other info.plist. We may combine its with different ways.

EDITED: The new version 1.2.2 is intended to use with new project Ati.kext

EDITED:

Successful report with using ATILead+ATINDRV for ATI Radeon Mobility X1950

posts #75 - 79

You can find discussion below about keys in ATILead:info.plist

new keys at post #102

Picture_2.png

ATILead122.zip

ATILead.kext.zip

hey slice i installed your ATILead kext, but unfortunately i have to report it didn't work, i get a fuzzy looking screen :)after leo boots

hey slice i installed your ATILead kext, but unfortunately i have to report it didn't work, i get a fuzzy looking screen :)after leo boots

Can you show digital photo of your fuzzy screen? I can't understand what you looked.

I downloaded ATILead, installed it, changed the device ID, changed the Callisto stuff to ATINDRV and ATY stuff. Re-enabled ATIRadeon8500.kext. Fixed up all the kext dependancies. Edited some values in ATILead's Info.plist to reflect what I have.

Boot freezes here:

15p5wfq.jpg

By the way, device ID is 4c66, running on an Inspiron 600m. Intel chipset.

You are not successful with ATINDRV and what about Callisto?

BTW I didn't see any messages from ATILead at your screen. As I see last messages from AGPGart it finished starting.

Installed Callisto, then reinstalled AGPGart 2.6.4, reinstalled ATILead and put in my device ID, changed the memory size...

Callisto seems to load, and the ATI driver seems to detect my card, and so on, but when the login window gets loaded, everything just freezes. I also got kernel panics when kext dependancies weren't right.

I might need the old IOPCIFamily 1.3. Do you think that's part of the problem? If so, please post the kext here. If not, any suggestions? I'm doing my best to hack this thing here. :(

Pics coming soon...

Installed Callisto, then reinstalled AGPGart 2.6.4, reinstalled ATILead and put in my device ID, changed the memory size...

Callisto seems to load, and the ATI driver seems to detect my card, and so on, but when the login window gets loaded, everything just freezes. I also got kernel panics when kext dependancies weren't right.

I might need the old IOPCIFamily 1.3. Do you think that's part of the problem? If so, please post the kext here. If not, any suggestions? I'm doing my best to hack this thing here. :(

For my experience IOPCIFamily 2.4.4 for Tiger works better then 1.7 even in system 10.4.6. You'd better write kext dependencies

IOPCIFamily -> 2.4.

Another suggestions?

I think we need to find new "valuesToAdd" for ATILead.info.plist to make the card as much Mac-like as possible. The sample - ioreg from MacMINI.

EDIT: Not any Callisto reliable to you. I have success with Callisto003fixed. What version did you try?

I got the one from Katana 0.2c. http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=35345

I just installed Katana, and installed AGPGart 2.6.4 over it. IOPCIFamily 2.0 doesn't change anything, so I'll put back 2.4.4 like you said.

With all the kext dependancies correctly set, it doesn't KP, but it still fails to get to the desktop. It just freezes at that screen that I showed earlier.

I noticed this value in ATILead's Info.plist. FramebufferOffset, I believe. In your version, it was set at 64. Should I leave it that way or change it to 32, since I have 32MB of video memory?

Also, could you tell me the versions of AGPGart and IOPCIFamily you were using?

And should I leave ATIRadeon8500.kext enabled, or should I disable it?

After playing around with it some more, something weird happened. I have IOPCIFamily 2.4.4, and the dependancies are all set, but some thing just fail to load for some reason, like ATILead. When I go into System Preferences, it just tells me that the dependancies aren't met.

Most of the kexts that depend on IOPCIFamily give this error too.

Strange...

EDIT: After killing USB by editing some more kexts, I've decided to reformat and start fresh. :rolleyes:

2 Soaa

I have no find your config. Please upload

ioreg -l -x -w 2048 >ioregSoaa.txt

sudo kextstat >kextstatSoaa.txt

zip the files.

Try to make the ioreg with ATILead but may be without AGPGart. It is better to use IOPCIFamily244. There are different versions for Tiger and Leo. Check!

Without ATIRadeon8500 you easy boot to desktop but without any accelerations (no QE/CI).

FramebufferOffset I propose to be half of video memory but I am not sure.

I found an advice

<key>ATY,FrameBufferOffset</key>
<integer>0x00000080</integer>

<key>ATY,IOSpaceOffset</key>
<integer>0x00300000</integer>

<key>ATY,VRAM,MemSize</key>
<integer>0x00000100</integer>

Collect more.

I'm quite sure I have Tiger's version of IOPCIFamily... Anyhoo, I removed AGPGart.kext and it detects my video memory correctly, as in the screenshot.

I put it back, and it says 128MB. ioreg and kextstat are with AGPGart.

ATILead fails to load with a link error or something.

Break: Callisto was causing problems. Removed it, and now, ATILead loads, but it doesn't boot to desktop, most likely due to values in Info.plist being incorrect. Safe boot doesn't work either, so I'll need to tinker with the shell a bit. (:

I'll test some more once I get to.

post-187510-1204892878_thumb.png

ioreg_soaa.txt

kextstat_soaa.txt

I'm quite sure I have Tiger's version of IOPCIFamily... Anyhoo, I removed AGPGart.kext and it detects my video memory correctly, as in the screenshot.

I put it back, and it says 128MB. ioreg and kextstat are with AGPGart.

ATILead fails to load with a link error or something.

Break: Callisto was causing problems. Removed it, and now, ATILead loads, but it doesn't boot to desktop, most likely due to values in Info.plist being incorrect. Safe boot doesn't work either, so I'll need to tinker with the shell a bit. (:

I'll test some more once I get to.

Strange... Are you sure that you have 32Mb VideoRAM?

I found in your ioreg

| |   |	 |   "IODeviceMemory" = (({"address"=0xffffffffe8000000,"length"=0x8000000}),{"offset"=0xc000,"parent"=

It means you have 128Mb :D

Or your card uses Shared Memory as I have with Radeon9000IGP?

What say Callisto about memory?

If you use ATILead remove CallistoHAL but use Callisto.kext! Look topic once again.

I have 32MB, can't share. That's for sure because Windows sees 32MB, and Linux too. No other possible configurations in the BIOS.

That's why I'm saying AGPGart is messing with the memory. It thinks there's 128MB when there is only 32MB in reality.

I'll try your suggestions once I get home. Thanks!

Using IONDRVDevice in Callisto.kext, I can't boot to desktop. The screen just freezes after the login window is loaded, but the computer keeps running, ie. the hard drive is still accessing stuff.

Using ATINDRV, I got the same results as you: screen flicker. I think this is the right track, we just need to figure out the correct values.

2 Soaa

Thank you for your efforts. With you I have new informations.

I make the follow test:

1. Set in BIOS 32Mb Video RAM.

2. Boot into WindowsXP

3. Launch OpenGL Extension Viewer for Windows.

What I see

Video Memory = 32Mb

Texture Memory = 56Mb. Wow!

I check that in Window the driver knows only two Radeon card 4c66 and 5835. Your and my!

Now I set in BIOS 128Mb and see IODeviceMemory 256Mb. :(

Strange, OpenGL Extensions Viewer doesn't work properly on my computer. Sounds like we can use the same driver though, huh. I guess that's good news? (:

Yes, glviewer for windows crashes for me too, but I can view settings.

So, any news? ;p

I read in the AGPGart thread that something isn't working properly because of AGPGart? Or are there missing values? I'm lost as to what else I can test now, so I disabled ATILead.kext and went back to the good ol' framebuffer for the time being. :)