• Please log in to reply
203 replies to this topic

stroke

stroke

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 350 posts
What else would he be talking about? That's the only checkbox that, well, hides the window when it's deactivated.
Also, I found the lines in the NIB's files that determine the class and the style mask. Let the automation begin.

Just so you're aware, if I make a tool like this, it will only work on certain NIBs that meet the requirements and don't have anything too fancy going on.

~pcwiz

~pcwiz

InsanelyMac V.I.P.

• Retired
  • 5,900 posts
Thumbs up for the automator :)

cabron

cabron

They are in KIJUJU

• Gurus
  • 732 posts
Hey guys
I'm not sure if this can be useful when moding

but check this out:
http://www.binarymet...bghudappkit.php

Posted Image Posted Image

Maybe we can use this to improve when we're doing the hud conversion

pmcnano

pmcnano

Preguntaaame caom!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,240 posts
Any way to change finder too?? XD

sethoramma4

sethoramma4

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
hey, ive tried the leopard HUD installer, and got transmission and system profiler and stuff HUD-ed out.
But the main one i wanted-- About this mac... did not work. B)
can somebody help me try to get the about this mac a HUD? all the installer did was turn the text white
runnin kalyway 10.5.2

teamlam

teamlam

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
i'm having trouble wiht the MAC hud...i dled the file..then i backuped the english file, delted it from coreservices etc...then replaced it with the mac hud file..when i do that and i click on my mac...it doesn't evne show up?!? help?

thanks

Panik

Panik

InsanelyMac Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts
Okay Cocoa ninjas, here's a question:

Once a window is set as NSPanel class, it's always on top (which is annoying). I read in the docs that you can setFloatingPanel:NO to make it behave like a normal window, not just "hide on deactivate" ...how do I do this?

Also, I'm currently altering Xbench to make it HUD:
@Cabron that GUI kit is ridiculously nice, it's really going to come in handy with this mod. I can't believe it's res indepedent!
Posted Image

But since it's not kosher to make your primary window HUD, I start to see a strange behavior. For example, when I launch my Xbench HUD, the TestResults.nib pops up with the MainMenu.nib ("visible on launch" is not ticked). But when I turn HUD off, only the MainMenu.nib launches on start (which is what should really happen). Try it yourself, it's really frustrating. I suspect that that it's looking for an NSWindow class and isn't finding one. Any ideas for a work around?

budda963

budda963

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
has anybody figured out ichat yet. i tried on my own but my contacts disapear! so the buddy list window is transparent but you cant see or access any of the contacts

cabron

cabron

They are in KIJUJU

• Gurus
  • 732 posts
I found this: made by gnome
Posted Image

It requires SIMBL to install, because this doesn't modify the NIB files of the application--it edits the code. (Safely, I promise.)

Please report any bugs.

Download: http://www.gnomepi.c...andom/AUHUD.zip

Install Instructions:
1. Install SIMBL, if you haven't already.
2. Drop the downloaded file into /Library/Application Support/SIMBL/Plugins/, creating that folder if it does not already exist.

Note: If you try to compress a file by right-clicking in the Finder, you won't get HUD windows. That's because the Finder, a Carbon program, is responsible for that compression *. Decompression will work, however.

eraserhead77

eraserhead77

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
These are all great, and the installer works wonders. I almost have all of them working, except I can't figure out why the log out screen, and quicktime mods won't take. They didn't work from the installer and I tried a few times manually doing it so I know the files are replaced, but it won't switch to HUD.

Any ideas what is causing this? I'd love to get these last two working. Its weird that shutdown and restart would show HUD but log off, won't seem to take no matter what.

EDIT: Alright, figured out the logout issue, the file does not go in the English.Iproj folder like the others ;)

EDIT2: Yep same thing on the other one...LOL Now I can sleep :P

Thanks to everyone who worked on this, this is really a great mod!

eraserhead77

eraserhead77

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
OK I realized if I don't put it in the english.iproj file the buttons don't match the other windows. So why is it just the Logout Screen HUD that is giving me trouble. :rolleyes:

Robbiem

Robbiem

Masta of the Rasta

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts
  • Interests:Mac, Xbox360, Leopard, OSX86, Modding
ok new problem, i did a fresh install of leo, and when i started doing my hud mods, everything got kinda messed up, when i hit the power button on my macbook, nothing happens, force quit menu doesnt work, log out brings up the shutdown window with the force quit window behind it.

any clue? id usually know what to do, but in this instance i have no friggen clue..

HELP!!

lo

-Robbie

ktonini

ktonini

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
This is a great thread! I hope no one minds if I linked to some of the submissions on my HUD Mod List on my blog. :(

rumblpak

rumblpak

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
What with the new version of transmission the current HUD does not work. When I have time I'll update it but don't count on it any time soon.

eraserhead77

eraserhead77

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
Did anyone else have problems getting the logout window to change to HUD?

I've got the Shutdown and Restart HUD, but the Logout won't change after replacing the English.Iproj folder located in loginwindow.

yassor

yassor

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
What's the easiest way to make HUD windows "NOT always on top" ? in other words..to make HUDs behave like a normal window...because i need to do this for all of the HUDs I've applied

Help me out Diablotik !!

~pcwiz

~pcwiz

InsanelyMac V.I.P.

• Retired
  • 5,900 posts

What's the easiest way to make HUD windows "NOT always on top" ? in other words..to make HUDs behave like a normal window...because i need to do this for all of the HUDs I've applied
Help me out Diablotik !!

Click the title of the window in Interface Builder and in the Attribute Inspector (first tab), under behavior check the "Hide on Deactivate" box.

ifrit05

ifrit05

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts
Made a chess one:
Posted Image

Attached File  Chess_HUD.zip   26.47KB   42 downloads

(p.s., how do i make text after check boxes white? thanks.)

jimro

jimro

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Could someone convert Colloquy into HUD.

http://colloquy.info/downloads.html

Would love it!

Ayla

Ayla

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
If Interface Builder says ".. cannot open nib, because it's compiled...", is there any way to HUD the application anyways?

I would really like to HUD "ForkLift" - my Finder replacement :P

Oh, and could someone please upload the iCal HUD mod again, the link doesn't work.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2017 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy