The NSPanel Thread

204 posts in this topic

I stumbled into this thread in searching for Mac osx desktop with interactive elements and HUD integration within the desktop, though I am still having a hard time finding exactly what I am looking for...

Is it possible to create something similar to this for a Mac OSX? with all the elements including the clock/date, rss feed along top, weather down middle etc...

• 3 weeks later...
Yet Another Freebie: LoginWindow (By: DiaboliK)

Complete LoginWindow Set, Included is:

Modals:

post-14143-1204160724_thumb.png

Force Quit Menus:

post-14143-1204160710_thumb.png

About This Mac:

post-14143-1204160733_thumb.png

[Download]

Enjoy!

-D-

p.s.

you can also run the additional apple tiffs thru Photoshop and add an 85% opacity to match the style of the HUD better.

Theres also a few other .nibs included in my .zip which all pertain to LoginWindow.

How do I install these?

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
Yet Another Freebie: LoginWindow (By: DiaboliK)

Complete LoginWindow Set, Included is:

Modals:

post-14143-1204160724_thumb.png

Force Quit Menus:

post-14143-1204160710_thumb.png

About This Mac:

post-14143-1204160733_thumb.png

[Download]

Enjoy!

-D-

p.s.

you can also run the additional apple tiffs thru Photoshop and add an 85% opacity to match the style of the HUD better.

Theres also a few other .nibs included in my .zip which all pertain to LoginWindow.

Where do i put this?

• 4 weeks later...
do someone have an hud for about this mac under snow? the old one i am using for leo does not work anymore.

thx a lot.

relaxer

are you using any other hud enhancements? I'm wondering if hud works under snow leopard & it's basically the only thing keeping me from going. I'm using the hud menubar/dictionary/terminal/about/adium--, but really only care about whether adium & the menubar working.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
after about 2 hours of research i've managed to get rid of a lot of the pesky aqua-ness of the leopard install on my macbook. thanks for all who posted here. have a look

post-468663-1254814285_thumb.pngattach_add.png

anyone know how to make about this mac look like this but for snow leopard mainly for the buttons

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Hey guys,

Any chance of someone uploading the safari .nib file? I kinda lost mine... :/ Using firefox at the moment. Thanks.

EDIT: Nvm. I managed to delete the app and reinstall it from Apple's website.

• 2 months later...

For whatever reason when I go to open the nib's to edit, there is no window or anything to edit in interface builder, just file's owner, file responder, and application. Am I doing something wrong here? I browsed through one of the nib's that have been uploaded here and they pull up fine, with the windows showing and everything.

Any tips?

Thanks, Robert

• 1 month later...
Best topic yet. I'm addicted, anyway to get more?

System Profiler, Safari download window, Finder file copy, right-click context menu...

Also, how are you guys making these, I'm interested in making my own!

2ylkc5i.png

please give me wallpapper?

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I don't expect the compatibility to stay intact when the retail comes out, but has anyone actually fooled around with Lion and HUD'd anything? If anything, I'd like to have the menu bar, About This Mac, the Logoff/Shutdown/Restart, and Terminal reskinned.

I tried to install the HUD theme for the loginwindow and it's not working in 10.6.8. Does anyone have an updated version that they could upload for everyone?

Send me loginwindow.app and I'll do.