About to give up, please help!

2 posts in this topic

Im having trouble booting up mac osx 10.5.1 after a successful install. I think I know what the problem is but i don't know how to fix it. I have an intel motherboard (d865GSA) with 2.6ghz intel pentium D processor. After the install I get the boot menu which countsdown and is suppose to boot leopard, but it jsut restarts. I click any button during the boot and it brings a menu with two partitions on one sata drive. It says:hd(0,1)hd(0,2) OSXand then the -v stuff. When i hit enter on the hd(0,2) it says loading darwin and restarts. When i hit hd(0,1) it says load system disk. During the installation I followed all of the instructions correctly.1. I went to diskutility-->chose my hard drive, went to partition and put 1 partition. did mac osx extended journal, went to options and did GUID. Since i don't want windows on this computer from what ive read everyone says pick GUID. SO after tI hit apply.2. Then i hit customize, pick the vanilla kernal, the drivers, and for the EFI boot i choose GUID. When i restart i get two hard drives showing up and never seems to load.I know im doing something wrong if my computer is showing two partitions in the bootloader please help guys any ideas why im showing two hd's? Oh i also tried loading in -x, and -s, and -vanilla they all restart.Please i would very much appreciate it.In addition when it boots it boots preety quickly and its hard to see the message, i pressed pause on the keyboard and here is the exact messege it gives before restarting.Loading Darwin x/86EFI enhanced bootloader build:TOHusing smbios table found at 0x000F7420using ACPI RSDP revision 0 found at 0x000f6160Starting Darwin /x86then reboots, please any help would be appreciated ive spent a week on this thing its driving me crazy!Very sorry about the messy writing, this thing is driving me nuts let me recap.Kalyway 10.5.1 dvd.1. boot from cd2.disk util ->partiton1->options-->GUID-->apply. (names my system OSX with mac extended journaled)3.customize--->select vanilla, drivers, and for the last one i choose GUID efi or something.4.Successful install hit restart.5.Take out cd, boots up with hd.6.Counts down (3)(2)(1)...7. reboots.8. I hit pause on the reboot and I found this messege.Loading Darwin x/86EFI enhanced bootloader build:TOHusing smbios table found at 0x000F7420using ACPI RSDP revision 0 found at 0x000f6160Starting Darwin /x86then reboots, please any help would be appreciated ive spent a week on this thing its driving me crazy!Lol now i look crazy, i hit add replay and it posted on the same post.ffs.