Review Forum

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Poll: Review Forum (16 member(s) have cast votes)

Keep it or fold it into the Genius Bar?

1. Keep it as it is! (6 votes [37.50%])

Percentage of vote: 37.50%

2. Move it into the main Genius Bar forum! (5 votes [31.25%])

Percentage of vote: 31.25%

3. Make it a sub-forum of the Genius Bar! (5 votes [31.25%])

Percentage of vote: 31.25%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Swad

Swad

Founder.

• Administrators
  • 3,709 posts
So far, our Review and Recommendation forum has 6 threads. As many opinions as everyone here has, I figured we would have a TON of good and bad reviews. But as it stands, we haven't.

So, does it deserve it's own forum, or should it be made a part of the Genius Bar (it's former home) in some fashion? Let us know!

Ouch

Ouch

Weee, what a predicament!

• Retired
  • 1,190 posts
Keep it as it is.

I guess theres a lot more to writing a good review than just having an oppinion - it needs some skill with language and a comprehensive understanding of the type of product your reviewing. There are plenty of things i would happily write an oppinion on but i would not feel able to write a comprehensive review of.

Perhaps we should look into getting some dedicated reviewers.

sulfo

sulfo

Reeder

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts
i'd say keep it as well :)

netrat

netrat

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
Tell you the truth, I never really went into that review and recommendation forum once, until now
I would say put it in with genius bar, as is. Just tag the [review] infront, just like how we tag guides with [howto]. if, in the near future, reviews and guides increase in the genius bar, i think we should split them into sub-forums.

my two cents

Swad

Swad

Founder.

• Administrators
  • 3,709 posts
So right now it's tied in the polls.

I'm leaning toward just incorporating it into the Genius Bar and keeping the [Review] tags. Sound good?

Metrogirl

Metrogirl

Resistance is futile...

• Retired
  • 1,177 posts
Not sure Genius Bar is the right place for it though. Hmm, but if no-one's reading it, this isn't the right place either. Yep, stick it back in the Genius Bar. I added my vote to make the decision easier (ha, was tempted to go for sub-forum, making it a three way tie! ;) )

cyrana

cyrana

Prophetess of Doom

• Retired
  • 1,462 posts
I voted to keep it as it is. ^_^ I think it'll be even more lost as a subforum. Maybe we'll get lucky once more Macs are in people's hands and then we'll see reviews.

Captain Ahab

Captain Ahab

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
Move it back to the genius bar because that is where people go for information.

Swad

Swad

Founder.

• Administrators
  • 3,709 posts
Well as a concession to both parties of "leave it like it is" and "move to Genius Bar" I made it a sub forum of the latter. That way it still is much the same as it was, but now a part of the area you go for information. :-)

Enjoy.

quixos

quixos

InsanelyMac Legend

• Retired
  • 943 posts
Reviews and opinions don't belong in an AUTHORITATIVE area, and certainly not mixed in with the HOWTO's.

and as a Sub-Forum, it's like taping the Soup d' Jour to the bottom of the 10 Commandments or something.

(by the way, i mis-voted. change one vote for sub-forum, to "Keep it as it is!" please :) )

(also, i don't know where the Reviews section was to begin with, but i predict, hidden IMHO, in the most unlikely spot for it, views will decline for it.)

( :) )

Swad

Swad

Founder.

• Administrators
  • 3,709 posts
"(also, i don't know where the Reviews section was to begin with, but i predict, hidden IMHO, in the most unlikely spot for it, views will decline for it.)"

Lol - that's the problem, no one used it when it was a main forum either!

And it's really not mixed in with the how-to's - that's why it's separate in a sub forum.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy