Review Forum

Swad

Review Forum  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Keep it or fold it into the Genius Bar?

• Keep it as it is!
    • Move it into the main Genius Bar forum!
    • Make it a sub-forum of the Genius Bar!

11 posts in this topic

So far, our Review and Recommendation forum has 6 threads. As many opinions as everyone here has, I figured we would have a TON of good and bad reviews. But as it stands, we haven't.

So, does it deserve it's own forum, or should it be made a part of the Genius Bar (it's former home) in some fashion? Let us know!

Keep it as it is.

I guess theres a lot more to writing a good review than just having an oppinion - it needs some skill with language and a comprehensive understanding of the type of product your reviewing. There are plenty of things i would happily write an oppinion on but i would not feel able to write a comprehensive review of.

Perhaps we should look into getting some dedicated reviewers.

Tell you the truth, I never really went into that review and recommendation forum once, until now

I would say put it in with genius bar, as is. Just tag the [review] infront, just like how we tag guides with [howto]. if, in the near future, reviews and guides increase in the genius bar, i think we should split them into sub-forums.

my two cents

Not sure Genius Bar is the right place for it though. Hmm, but if no-one's reading it, this isn't the right place either. Yep, stick it back in the Genius Bar. I added my vote to make the decision easier (ha, was tempted to go for sub-forum, making it a three way tie! ;) )

• 2 weeks later...

Well as a concession to both parties of "leave it like it is" and "move to Genius Bar" I made it a sub forum of the latter. That way it still is much the same as it was, but now a part of the area you go for information. :-)

Enjoy.

Reviews and opinions don't belong in an AUTHORITATIVE area, and certainly not mixed in with the HOWTO's.

and as a Sub-Forum, it's like taping the Soup d' Jour to the bottom of the 10 Commandments or something.

(by the way, i mis-voted. change one vote for sub-forum, to "Keep it as it is!" please :) )

(also, i don't know where the Reviews section was to begin with, but i predict, hidden IMHO, in the most unlikely spot for it, views will decline for it.)

( :) )

"(also, i don't know where the Reviews section was to begin with, but i predict, hidden IMHO, in the most unlikely spot for it, views will decline for it.)"

Lol - that's the problem, no one used it when it was a main forum either!

And it's really not mixed in with the how-to's - that's why it's separate in a sub forum.