Zephyroth Leopard 10.5.2 for AMD, EFI & GUID

GingerTea

46 posts in this topic

Hi Xxp/Tux,

I did and it works perfectly. The only thing that I didn't understand why I do need that command cause I partitioned HD with MBR not GUID scheme.

when I reboot, b0 error appeared. I left DVD and reboot without touching anything, it boot to apple screen for a while. Then the "No Entry" sign appears on the top of the apple picture. I don't know what does it mean? Please help me again.

lol..."NO Entry" sign?.That is "Waiting for root device"...Check my sign for a detailed guide to solve this...

I found a conflict between my Zephyroth AMD 10.5.2 install and the AppleSMBIOS.kext fix for the crashing "About this Mac" option. Before I patched the AppleSMBIOS.kext, all my USB devices are running fine, after the patch, the USB devices doesn't work anymore. My iPod wouldn't mount etc.

I know there's a fix for the USB devices, but as much as it works, there's still the issue of USB drives not getting mounted automatically.

Is there a better fix for the 'About this Mac' crash and still retain USB device function, or as of now someone like me has to choose between having USB devices work or having "About this Mac" work?

I hope I made sense.

Yes, when I type -v, it shown the message "Still waiting for root device". I'll try to figure it out from the bottom links you gave. Thanks. :)

Hi Noom. I had the same problem as i tried to install Zephyroth with mbr, but it works well with guid (for me). After guid installation, you will see the "b0 error" or "blinking cursor" if you boot without DVD in drive. The Howto for this problem can be found somewhere here.

Hello,

i installed "Zephyroth Leopard 10.5.2" after first problems with booting the system now works good.

But i have no Sound and no wired Network:

- Sound driver (ADI1981HD/ATI Technologies Inc SB450 HDA Audio) - not working

- LAN (Broadcom 57xx) - not working

I have also installed on another Partition Tiger 10.4.9 and I use for sound the AzaliaAudio.kext and for LAN the AppleBCM5751Ethernet2.kext and it works.

My question is can i use the .kext from the 10.4.9 System to the 10.5.2 System?

- Is this depending on the Kernel?

- Where i get the 2 driver for 10.5.2 or can i make the driver self?

My specs:

HP Notebook NX6325

Mac version 10.4.9 uphuck v1.3

Mac version 10.5.2 AMD ZyphAMD

Turion™ 64 X2 TL-56 (1,8 GHz)

2 GB DDR2 / 667ATI Radeon Express 1150

ATI SB400 S-ATA (60 GB HDD, DVD-RW)

Lan card (Broadcom 57xx)

Wireless card (Broadcom BCM43xx)

SoundMax (ADI1981HD)

Synaptics Touchpad 6

What updates to software are safe to use?

I would like to update iTunes because it seems to not be working correctly.

My pc has frozen solid no response of any kind 2 times while listening to iTunes

or is there an iTunes fix for zephyroth AMD installs?

The thread is rarely used. :shock:

Thanks for closing the old one! No one finds the proper topic on InsanelyMac now.

You will have to use http://osx.kbot.de for support, because everyone dropped the Thread.

All the Gurus like Zephyroth, Roisoft, Eddie11c and all of the other Supportes are there to help regularly though, so don't worry :)

Kind Regards,

Putta

What updates to software are safe to use?

I would like to update iTunes because it seems to not be working correctly.

My pc has frozen solid no response of any kind 2 times while listening to iTunes

or is there an iTunes fix for zephyroth AMD installs?

When you update your application software, you need to run Marvin's immediately. You don't want to do system software (OS) updates - not until they're patched by someone and released. I haven't had any problems updating iTunes, QT, Garageband , & etc. - as long as I use Marvin's as soon as they're updated...

Need a little help here.

Installed great, made it to the Welcome screen Enter State works, Enter key board works, "Do not Transfer my information now" loops back to Welcome Enter state ????

Have tried several variations of install that only lead me to the loop out.

No panic on boot

Thanks in advance for any help....

I found the solution, this may help others with the same problem:

CODEHow to: Install Error loop at account creation

Issue: Upon install, the process hangs in an infinite (?) loop circling between chosing language and creating / transferring an user acount ("Do you already own a mac?").

According to the forum, the problem seems to be connected to problems concerning the network card.

Solution 1: Importing an account from an existing (Tiger) installation.

Solution 2: Booting with the flag "Graphics Mode"="640x480x32". The resulting low screen-resolution prevents the setup screen, thus skipping the "loop". As one is not able to create a new username, only the default "admin" is created. This can be changed later on.

Solution 3: Some people reported success with disabling the network card in the bios or disconnecting the cable.

Solution 4: Boot using "-s" flag then type ->

/sbin/mount -uw /

passwd root <- Type any password you want

touch /var/db/.AppleSetupDone

reboot

Hi,

Anybody having slow boot problem? I have 1 IDE dvdrw + 1 IDE HDD 80GB ..

Everytime I boot, it takes me 2 minutes to reach the desktop. When I'm in the Desktop .. everything is ok and fast. Its just the boot process that is soooo slow .. are there any tweaks you can suggest? Like Remove unused kext? stuff like that.

Is this because I'm using both IDE devices?

Specs:

AMD64 3000+

MSI K9N Neo rev 1.0

2 x 512mb Apacer Memory 667

Toshiba IDE DVDRW

Maxtor IDE 80gb

Palit Daytona 7300LE 128mb

etc

etc

Thank you!

all you people say that you have to use the Marvin's AMD Utility. i have it installed, but have not once ran it, and all the iLife and iTunes updates work seamlessly, no crash or anything at all!!!! and i haven't patched them kinda weird eh? but i haven't patched them and they work, they are the latest. and im on AMD too so yea. but this release is the bomb it runs awsomely and ZEPH IS THE MAN XD lol. great iso. only concern i have is that the boot takes like 7 minutes, but i don't really care, it works fine once its up and running!!! woot

Help...

I installed and everything went great

except the sound and LAN

(and the sleep problem)

Amd Athalon 64 3800+ 2.0 dual core

2gb Ram DDR2 DIMM

160 Wd IDE hard drive

8800 gts nvidia gforce 640mb

ASUS A8M2N-LA motherboard

Chipset- GeForce 6150 LE

Help...

I installed and everything went great

except the sound and LAN

(and the sleep problem)

Amd Athalon 64 3800+ 2.0 dual core

2gb Ram DDR2 DIMM

160 Wd IDE hard drive

8800 gts nvidia gforce 640mb

ASUS A8M2N-LA motherboard

Chipset- GeForce 6150 LE

see my Signature for sound and LAN

• 3 months later...

hey guys, is there a decent reason for that mac os not being compatible with my Dell Inspiron 1501. I got the following hardware on my notebook:

processor:Turion 64 X2 TL50 (1.6GHz, 256K);

HDD:80GB (5,400 rpm);

VIDEO:ATI Radeon Xpress 1150 256MB HyperMemory;

RAM:2 x 1GB DDRII;