Stepmania UB !

beboy

20 posts in this topic

• 2 weeks later...

Even with version 3.9, it still crashes because of OpenGL problems. I've gotten my video drivers worked out fine, though Quartz Extreme still won't load. Regardless, OpenGL should still work. I had to remove the sample courses in order to get 3.9 to even load. It gets a little farther in OpenGL than 4.0 does, but still does crash when it starts up. I hope something gets worked out, otherwise its traveling between different rooms to different computers for me to use StepMania.

I fixed all of my graphics problems and was able to get Stepmania 3.9 up and running in 10.4.4 using Rosetta.

It ran a little slow when I first ran it and it is shoved in the corner, but after the first run it ran pretty fast!:D

I was even able to get my PlayStation DancePad to work through my SuperJoyBox2 PSX-to-USB.

picture24zn.th.pngpicture39mz.th.pngpicture43oi.th.png

I fixed all of my graphics problems and was able to get Stepmania 3.9 up and running in 10.4.4 using Rosetta.

It ran a little slow when I first ran it and it is shoved in the corner, but after the first run it ran pretty fast!:dev:

I was even able to get my PlayStation DancePad to work through my SuperJoyBox2 PSX-to-USB.

picture24zn.th.pngpicture39mz.th.pngpicture43oi.th.png

That's good to hear. Could you tell me what hardware you're using and then what you did to fix your graphics issues. I have everything working, as far as I can see, unti I run StepMania. It still crashes with OpenGL. Thanks for you help.

That's good to hear. Could you tell me what hardware you're using and then what you did to fix your graphics issues. I have everything working, as far as I can see, unti I run StepMania. It still crashes with OpenGL. Thanks for you help.

My specs are:

MoBo:ASUS P4P800-E Deluxe

CPU: P4 2.4Ghz SSE2

Memory: Corsaire DDR 333 1GB

Graphics Card: ATI Radeon 9550 256MB

OSX: OSx86 10.4.4 8G1165

After I installed 10.4.4 I tried to see what was and wasn't working and find a solution!

I MOSTLY fixed my Graphics with an edited ATIRadeon9700 kext. I still have mouse tearing, but OpenGL works!

I immediatly got a copy of Stepmania PPC version to see if it would run, and it did!

The only graphics problems there are is of course the weird window/fullscreen thing in the screenshot and mouse tearing upon exit! ;)

I have also noticed an occasional slowing of the program, but that is probably becuase of rosetta and my processor.

Overall for me it is running almost as good as when I had it in Windows!

Back in 10.4.3 it used to crash on me due to OpenGL aswell!

What kind of graphics card are you using Stephan?

My specs are:

MoBo:ASUS P4P800-E Deluxe

CPU: P4 2.4Ghz SSE2

Memory: Corsaire DDR 333 1GB

Graphics Card: ATI Radeon 9550 256MB

OSX: OSx86 10.4.4 8G1165

After I installed 10.4.4 I tried to see what was and wasn't working and find a solution!

I MOSTLY fixed my Graphics with an edited ATIRadeon9700 kext. I still have mouse tearing, but OpenGL works!

I immediatly got a copy of Stepmania PPC version to see if it would run, and it did!

The only graphics problems there are is of course the weird window/fullscreen thing in the screenshot and mouse tearing upon exit! :(

I have also noticed an occasional slowing of the program, but that is probably becuase of rosetta and my processor.

Overall for me it is running almost as good as when I had it in Windows!

Back in 10.4.3 it used to crash on me due to OpenGL aswell!

What kind of graphics card are you using Stephan?

Alright, I think that's my problem. I'm using my on-board graphics. It uses the 845 chipset. And, I'm also using 10.4.1. I do believe, however, that 10.4.1 is my only option due to the support for my graphics. If all fails, I'll just have to buy a new video card. The cards that I do have or both AGP and my motherboard doesn't have a slot for them. One odd thing that I encountered though, was that when running 3.9 (StepMania), after OpenGL failed, the screen would 'jump' back and forth and the screen would only show down to how far my mouse was. (i.e. if I moved the cursor up to the apple menu, it would cut off the entire screen expect for the menu bar, if I moved the cursor down to the bottom of the screen everything would show) Ater a restart, that was fixed. 4.0 doesn't really get any better though. I'm about ready to give up.

10.4.1 isn't that good!

From what i've experienced Rosetta doesn't work as well in 10.4.1.

What i'd recommend is this!

Download a copy of 10.4.3 or 10.4.4 and upgrade from 10.4.1.

Afterwards go to the wiki, find a good (cheap) graphics card that supports OpenGL and buy it.

Another route is wait until they release an Intel build!

Let's hope they release one soon!

When I try to play, it says "empty" on all the slots. . . ??? How do I fix this?

Stpemania doesn't come with songs built-in!

Stepmania uses files called "Stepfiles".

These files hold all of the steps for the song and tell Stepmania where the music file is.

Stepmania's website has a list of sites and songs here!

http://www.stepmania.com/wiki/Download_Songs

Here are my favorites!

http://www.bemanistyle.com/

Requires Registration, but has a ton of stepfiles of all genres!

http://www.ddruk.com/

Requires Registration and Bittorrent. Has all original DDR mixes and more!

After you have downloaded some songs create a folder in Applications/Stepmania/Songs

Name it what you want and move the songs (keep them in the folders they came in) to the folder!

You should be able to play Stepmania now! :dev:

These files hold all of the steps for the song and tell Stepmania where the music file is.

Here are my favorites!

After you have downloaded some songs create a folder in Applications/Stepmania/Songs

Name it what you want and move the songs (keep them in the folders they came in) to the folder!

You should be able to play Stepmania now! :dev:

Thanks man, this game runs amazingly fast on my Hackintosh :D

This is so frusturating. They do have an intel build however, it's in beta stages. But, it refuses to run with the Intel binarys for me, I have to run it in Rosetta. I could upgrade to 10.4.3 or 10.4.4 I guess. The problem is, I have sattelite internet and my company shuts me down to 56K when I reach 250MB of data transfer. So I have to stop it, wait 6 hours for it to build up, and start again. Also, the transfer usually runs at 4-6 KB/s when downloading anyway. It took me 5 days to download 10.4.1. So much for 'high-speed' internet. Anyway, the best I can do it try to download it anyway. Thanks for the help.

This is so frusturating. They do have an intel build however, it's in beta stages. But, it refuses to run with the Intel binarys for me, I have to run it in Rosetta. I could upgrade to 10.4.3 or 10.4.4 I guess. The problem is, I have sattelite internet and my company shuts me down to 56K when I reach 250MB of data transfer. So I have to stop it, wait 6 hours for it to build up, and start again. Also, the transfer usually runs at 4-6 KB/s when downloading anyway. It took me 5 days to download 10.4.1. So much for 'high-speed' internet. Anyway, the best I can do it try to download it anyway. Thanks for the help.

That stinks! :dev:

Well Good luck with your downloading!

Ok, so I've decided that there is no way in hell that I'm gonig through that hectic download process again. So, I have a proposition for you. If I sent you a blank DVD and money for shipping, would you be willing to burn OS X to it for me? Whether that be the DVD Installation or the image of the OS. Let me know if we can work something out. Thanks, Stephan

Ok, so I've decided that there is no way in hell that I'm gonig through that hectic download process again. So, I have a proposition for you. If I sent you a blank DVD and money for shipping, would you be willing to burn OS X to it for me? Whether that be the DVD Installation or the image of the OS. Let me know if we can work something out. Thanks, Stephan

I'm sorry but for various reasons I cannot send you a burnt DVD. :)

You could probably find someone here aound the forums though that could do that!

Start up a topic in the PC forum, ask around there.

I'm sorry,

FM

Here are my favorites!

You should be able to play Stepmania now! :)

I can't remeber where, but I downloaded one called the PlagueMix Pack, and it was absolutely kick-ass. There were a bunch of good songs in there, especially one called "Dan". If you can, give it a download!

Those are some good links too, BTW. Unfortunately, alot of them are hosted on Rapidshare. It's a pain in the ass to download mult-part archives from them! ;)

I can't remeber where, but I downloaded one called the PlagueMix Pack, and it was absolutely kick-ass. There were a bunch of good songs in there, especially one called "Dan". If you can, give it a download!

Those are some good links too, BTW. Unfortunately, alot of them are hosted on Rapidshare. It's a pain in the ass to download mult-part archives from them! ;)

Rapidshare is a pain in the ass that's why I use Bemanistyle and DDRUK!

Bemanistyle has direct downloads for individual songs.

DDRUK has massive packs up for download through Bittorrent.

As for the PlaqueMix Pack, I've never heard of it! Could you give me a link!

Cheers,

FullMetal