GeForce 9600 GT

Cowboy Mike

257 posts in this topic

. reboot -x (as in Safe Mode)

3. install aqua-mac's package

http://rapidshare.com/files/155562098/N ... s.zip.html

4. reboot

5. install NVDarwin 1.2.3 and CHOOSE Custom Install. Check the box with the correct memory size for your card. Example mine is 512MB, so I checked that one. (Thanks nz_mitch)

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=125106

(Link is to NVDarwin posting. It's got new 1.2.4 release. I haven't used it, but people have reported that it works in place of NVDarwin 1.2.3 using the steps here minus the memory size choosing.)

6. reboot

does this step work on 10.6.2 ?

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys I got my Pny Verto 9600 GT to work and show up properly in system profile. But Im not getting Hardware acceleration only software and no Quartz Extreme.

This is what I did:

Installed aqua-mac's 9 series installer v2

and then added EFI strings according to my graphics card.

any idea why I get no QE?

FULLY SUPPORTED (QE/CI) HP DV5 - Nvidia 9600m GT.

I have HP DV5 with nVidia 9600M GT and Snow Leopard 10.6.2(iPortable distribution) . Now i have fully supported Quartz Extreme and Core Image.

Do not use any NVinject and Nvenabler kext. instead just leave nvidia driver in system/library/extentions and remove rest of the graphic driver kexts (such ATI and Intel)

i am putting screenshot of what i have in DSDT.aml, boot.apple.plist, extention folders.

hello can you please give me a link to your DSDT.aml ?

My 9600GT has HDMI/VGA/DVI output. When using OSX86 Tools to create the EFI string, I don't see this option. I chose VGA/DVI, but I'm getting a black screen (not a lost signal) next boot. What should I do to get a working EFI string?

Does this card work with HDMI only? i want to use that card as a part of a HTPC setup, but im quite confused if this is possible.

I guess the card is capable of handling 1080P movies and that its fully supported with QC/QI, etc.?

I am on 10.6.2 using a hazard release. i put my device id in NVDANV50Hal.kext and put a custom geforce hex code with osx86 tools. but when i restart mac osx goes all weird the mouse FLYS around the screen adjusting the mouse speed in system preferances does NOTHING to help this, and although under "About This Mac" it does show my geforce 9600 GT, the system is slow as hell i had to wait 2 mins for text edit to open so i could remove the hex string from com.apple.Boot.plist. Once i removed the string i added and restarted the system was back to normal... what could be causeing this?

• 4 weeks later...