SPDIF on ALC888 [FIXED] (For me anyways)

TrYp MyNe

6 posts in this topic

ok, so i kno alot of ppl can't get spidf working on the alc888 integrated hd audio. it either doesn't show in the sounds, or it shows and only works on analog outs. well alas, i did a test, i installed the driver from here

and used the option for 3 ports w/ digital. i have a total of 6 rear ports, along with an optical and rca spdif, but i decided to use that driver anyway, just to test it. well when i rebooted, i didn't want to ruin the suprise. i went into sounds and alas it shows digital and line out!!! but the real test. i fire up itunes and load a shoutcast stream. IT BEGINS TO PLAY WONDERFULLY!!!! so i am now a happy person indeed!!! if u haven't been able to get the alc888 working and u haven't tried the above, i suggest u do, its not gonna hurt to try it :P but yea hope it helps some of you out there :angel: peace out

bump again, i want ppl to kno i got this working. so they can possibly get it working :hysterical:

and again, bump. i don't kno if this has been set in stone that this is a working method!!!