BIOSTAR GEFORCE 6100-M9 AMD INSTALL!

rayman121985

2 posts in this topic

Hello all,

I couldn't get hackintosh to run on my Core duo so I decided to try my AMD system and it seems I am having problems yet again. I have tried the JAS AMD and I have tried this other AMD install which I forget the name. I keep getting the same errors on both.

Current computer specs:

BIOSTAR GEFORCE 6100-M9 mobo/I have 2 HD 1.sata raptor HD 2.IDE 250 GB HD. I have 2GB of ram 4x 512 DDR400. I have a AMD x2 4600. I have a 7300gs 512mb pci express video card. I have a liteon DVDR/CDR writer. USB mouse/keyboard. :P

picturemt3.jpg

If anyone can help me get hackintosh working I will happily donate PAYPAL! I just want to get it working!

So thanks for your help and suggestions!

Hey Man. I just got mine working... there's still little quirks, like no audio and the resolution is only 1020 x 720, but it works!

First off, you gotta get the right .iso file... its called Leopard AMD 10.5.1 from the usual places... hehe. Then burn it into a DVD...

Then you have to make sure you're using an IDE drive, preferrably one that doesn't have any other partitions in it. I tried SATA and it just wouldn't work.

Once you start up the computer with the DVD inside, press F8 when prompted and type -x (this will load it up in Safe Mode)

You will have a choice of language, choose English.

On the top of the screen, go to Utilities (or something like that) and pick Disk Utility

Click on your HDD, pick the Partition tab, change Current to 1 and click on the Options button right below the long squate. Pick MBR. Rename the drive Leopard and pick OS X Extended (Journaled)

Close Disk Utility and Click Ok. Click I agree. Choose the Leopard HDD.

IMPORTANT!! At some point, I forget when, but there will be a button that says Customize. Click on that and uncheck everything. This will screw you up if you don't do this step!

Then install. It takes like an hour to install.

If everything works perfect, it should boot straight into OS X's Welcome Page. If not, you will have to restart the computer. I had to.

Again, press F8, and type in -s

Lots of words will come up and then you will be given a prompt where you can type in some code. The following code is so you won't need to use the DVD anymore:

fdisk -e /dev/rdisk0 (notice there's a space in between "e" and "/" ... 0 is usually the number of the disk, if not, try 1)

update

f 1 (or 0)

w

q

remove the DVD from the drive and restart

Now, see if everything works. You should go straight into the Welcome page... if not, restart, press a key, and type in -x for safe mode.

Then you'll be able to get into the Welcome page. Alot of people get stuck on the "Do You Already Own a Mac" part. if that's you, do this:

Restart, press a key, and type "Graphics Mode"="640x480x32" (w/ the quotation marks)... this will bypass all the Customization.

ok... i'm tired. let me know if this works... good luck!