Intel 82575 EB Gigabit lan adapter in 10.5.2

scalar

4 posts in this topic

Over in this thread I posted up the details on my current system. This motherboard has 2 onboard Intel 82575 EB Gigabit Lan adaptoers. I found one other thread where the poster had the 82575 and mentioned he 'fixed' his issues by getting a separate PCI NIC card, but I'd rather avoid that myself since I've already got 2 good Lan ports onboard. The device id in windows shows:

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_10A7&SUBSYS_10A715D9&REV_02\4&187919FE&0&00E0

which means in the .plist the correct string would be 0x10A78086. For my previous Intel NICs I've gotten them to work by editing IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleIntel8255x.kext/Contents/Info.plist and adding their device id's, but that didn't work this time. So...

any ideas?

• 4 weeks later...

hi, i've got the same issue as you've got.

the only solution i've found so far is to get a cheap compatible nic, but it _sure_ would be nice to be able to use this very nice & high quality network card... much looking forward for a fix for this...

Well, I have several older Intel pro/100's lying around and I had one in use for a while. The problem I had with that was some sort of ground loop, since I still use my gigabit adapter in WinXp/Vista/Debian/Ubuntu (this is a Xeon box and I have several others here). This is a small audio studio hence the ground loop issues cropping up, there are many cables here. Since I can't live with just a 10/100 card only I'm thinking about possibly getting the apple usb>ethernet adaptor or something similar.