• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

harrydude

harrydude

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I have an archos av400 portable video player and I would like to use darwine to convert video files, since there are not many alternatives on the mac for converting movies to the archos... The programs for the mac that are available take a long time to convert the movies.... So PLEASE don't tell me that I can use ffmpegx and d-vision on the mac because the fact is they are painfully slow. I want to use the MPEG4 Translator program that is available from the Archos website at http://www.archos.co...=global&lang=en and it requires virtual dub and divx. I installed VirtualDub and it works and all, but I can't install divx for some reason in Darwine, so I can't properly use MPEG4 Translator. Furthermore, when I go into the VirtualDub and I click on the Video menu, then on Compression, a box pops up and the other thing on the list is "Uncompressed"! No codecs are shown! Does this incident happen to everyone when using Darwine they go to Virtual Dub and then Video>Compression and no codecs are listed? Also, does anyone know where to download/how to install divx? I tried it from the divx website but Darwine got an error and ended the Divx installation even before the divx installation bow popped up!!!!

Thanks,

Harrison

u can correspond to me on AIM/ICHAT and my username is harrisonnov10

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy