Wired Apple Keyboard

grunerasta

9 posts in this topic

Hallo. I have installed Mac Os on my pc [Zephyroth Leopard 10.5.2].

My pc is: Athlon/AsusM2N/Geforce8400GS

Video works fine (QE/CI)

Sound works with azalia drivers

The built-in network doesn't work, so i bought a cheap network-card

And that sounds very funny - i have a problem with keyboard. The standart pc usb-keyboard works ok, but i wanted to have a native mac keyboard and bought wired apple keyboard (http://www.apple.com/keyboard/)

So it works on the boot (i can enter bios), but macos does not see it at all.

What can i do?

Thanks.

-----

PS: search does'nt work =)))

just a thought but in the USB port working?

i ran into a problem one time when i installed a driver or something and

all of my USB ports stoped working.

Why isnt yours working I am typing with wireless apple keyboard right now and it works in 10.5.2 maybe you need vanilla kernel or something in your install just my 2 cents

well his problem has got to be the usb port cause it is a wired keyboard not a wireless keyboard. if it works in windows or BIOS and not in OS X than it is the USB ports in OS X are not working or messed up.

try hooking up an iPod or s flash drive and see if it works. What is your mouse?

• 2 weeks later...

sometimes USB ports can be fidgetty...try switching it to another port...and it should work. I have the same problem with all my USB devices...it's like it memorizes who's where and gets confused if not there.

• 1 month later...

I can get mine to work after it's about half way through the boot. I unplug it when I turn the PC on; and then plug it back in just before the login screen comes up; and it works just fine. All the functions and everything.

I have no idea how to fix it though.

And; out of all the problems that I've had to fix, sound, graphics, network, this keyboard problem is the MOST annoying.