154 replies to this topic

xicar

xicar

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
OK hi to all
I instaled the last version of iakthos for AMD 10.5.4 im guessing if they dont are using your kext its works with the same problems than yours
i have a m2n-e mobo with a 4200 2 giga ram and a 7300 nvidia card
now i ve a couple of problems first i did the instalation without usb legacy support (i dont ve usb mouse or keyboard) so if i tried to install with legacy enable i just cant get my ps2 working
i used an ata dvd recorder couse with the sata i got the waitin for root device bug
but now i got 2 problems and maybe someone here can help
1 the system recognize my sata dvd but dont mount it
2 i got issues with the usb ports (i got an external disk and other usb hard and they dont work)
Any tip? that can help

togenshi

togenshi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
I finally got my M2N32 SLI Premium Vista Edition working on my computer with both my dual cores and i am one happy hackintosh user now. :)

I've only tested this setting on a Gigabit router. I havent tried it on a 100baseTX speed as of yet.
Steps:

Follow the steps shown on this post. The second part is what actually counts though.
After done that, shut down your pc and leave the cord out of the power supply unit for 30 seconds.
Boot up OS X.
Goto System Preferences --> Network --> Adapter (en0 usually) --> Advanced.
Then goto Ethernet tab and select configure as "Manually" and change the speed to 1000BaseT. Press Ok and apply,etc.

So far i have transfered 2 gigs successfully without a panic screen. Though you might need to do this everytime you log on as i have no clue how Mac OS X holds its preferences (unlike etc in linux).

Hope this helps.

Darko_kun

Darko_kun

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
Anybody ever solve the problem with keyboard and mouse locking up? I just found out it only happens when a internet connection is active using this driver.

Guest: tylerch94_*

• Guests
How do I install this?

iNoob

iNoob

Powered by Intel Core 2 Duo 

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts
Use Kext helper b7

jarekp

jarekp

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Use Kext helper b7

I have M2N-SLI Deluxe,

tried your kext, loaded using Kext helper b7,

right after installing it, even before rebooting, it's come up, showing one of the ports plugged and connected, which made me happy, but, since it wasn't in fact grabbing dhcp,
i've rebooted it, including the "30 sec" power unplugging thing.

ever since then, at each and every boot, the leds on the eth connector go lit at first,
then, as soon as there comes the grey apple screen, they go dead off and later on, when the system is loaded, both the ethernet ports show as cable unplugged. i've tried with each of the two ports, and also with both ports plugged at the same time.
i've tried cpus=1.

no luck whatsoever.

it's never come up "connected" since that one initial time, when it looked promissing
for a short while.

any ideas? clues?

tia,

jj

• Guests
Umm How come every time I start a torrent or download a file I get a weird but funny message telling me to shutdown my computer in a million different languages? :D

eno

eno

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Umm How come every time I start a torrent or download a file I get a weird but funny message telling me to shutdown my computer in a million different languages? :hysterical:

That is a kernel panic. You might want to try the nForceLAN.kext instead. If you still have problems I would recommend a different kernel (such as the Voodoo XNU beta 2c).

haroldmcblack

haroldmcblack

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
how can i install the kext...somebody please :)

verdant

verdant

InsanelyMac V.I.P.

• Gurus
  • 5,640 posts
  • Interests:At home, I have the following computers......
    >
    >
    >

how can i install the kext...somebody please :)

Use Kext Helper b7....... :star_smile:

tomoffel

tomoffel

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Newbies
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hey Guys,

my first post here :)

Hope someone can bring a little light in my question :unsure:

Over the weekend I installed succesfull iPC OSx86 Public Beta PPF5 :) Everything works fine, exept my LAN-Card.. tryed some kext now, but all have problems(no ip, no cable, and kernelpanics)
everest shows a MCP51 LAN Controller, Windows says: NVIDIA nForce-Netwerkcontroller (NVIDIA nForce-Networkcontroller), and my manual says its a Marvell 88E1116 :wacko:

my mobo is a Asus P5N-E SLI.. Searched now for 3h and I think it's not possible to get the onboard nic to work stable without cpus=1 right?

I have a RTL8139C PCI nic lying around, so I try to use the 8139C if someone give me the answer that the onboard nic don't work stable. Just wont have the truth, that the nic does not work.

thanks in advanced :)

chenkov01

chenkov01

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Ha ha ha ha ha I am Doctor Frankenstein :mellow: I have made an nForce LAN driver using Forcedeth and nForceEthernetController, but I need subjec... er... testers! to make it work properly. So, please help me doing this! Also give me your opinion! Thx planetbeing and MikeInS for this!
IMPORTANT NOTICE: If you use this driver and your LAN is still not working, unplug you computer for 30 secs or so. Also try unpluggin' your modem for 30s-1m.

thanks very much

iNoob

iNoob