Discontinued

iNoob

155 posts in this topic

iNoob thank u so much this works perfect even with large files i downloaded a torrent of office 2008 and it worked perfect the trick is like u said if it gives u a 169.xxx.xxx.xxx address with DHCP you have 2 unplug your computer to reset your ethernet then replug and then boot into leopard in order to get a valid address

Hi! I have the same freezing-problem. I tried to download firefox 3 (about 3mb) and my machine freezed.

i'm on 10.5.3 - would an update to 10.5.4 with the kext installation solve the problem?

cheers & thanks for your work!

Hello,

Thanks for sharing this iNoob.

Anyone can tell me what driver do I need to uninstall ?

I have installed the nForceEthernetDriver.kext, powered off, unplugged, and booted up again. Everything looks just the way it was before installing the new driver. A manual kextload reports that nForceEthernetDriver.kext is already loaded. So I assume that I have not done the needed kext removal before I have added iNoob's kext.

Thanks

kellogs

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Same here. cpus=1 works like a dream, much faster than the 10/100 belkin im using in the pci, noticed a huge difference in browsing. Downloading with 2 cpus of course crashes the box. Cant wait for a fix.

OK hi to all

I instaled the last version of iakthos for AMD 10.5.4 im guessing if they dont are using your kext its works with the same problems than yours

i have a m2n-e mobo with a 4200 2 giga ram and a 7300 nvidia card

now i ve a couple of problems first i did the instalation without usb legacy support (i dont ve usb mouse or keyboard) so if i tried to install with legacy enable i just cant get my ps2 working

i used an ata dvd recorder couse with the sata i got the waitin for root device bug

but now i got 2 problems and maybe someone here can help

1 the system recognize my sata dvd but dont mount it

2 i got issues with the usb ports (i got an external disk and other usb hard and they dont work)

Any tip? that can help

I finally got my M2N32 SLI Premium Vista Edition working on my computer with both my dual cores and i am one happy hackintosh user now. :)

I've only tested this setting on a Gigabit router. I havent tried it on a 100baseTX speed as of yet.

Steps:

Follow the steps shown on this post. The second part is what actually counts though.

After done that, shut down your pc and leave the cord out of the power supply unit for 30 seconds.

Boot up OS X.

Goto System Preferences --> Network --> Adapter (en0 usually) --> Advanced.

Then goto Ethernet tab and select configure as "Manually" and change the speed to 1000BaseT. Press Ok and apply,etc.

So far i have transfered 2 gigs successfully without a panic screen. Though you might need to do this everytime you log on as i have no clue how Mac OS X holds its preferences (unlike etc in linux).

Hope this helps.

Use Kext helper b7

I have M2N-SLI Deluxe,

tried your kext, loaded using Kext helper b7,

right after installing it, even before rebooting, it's come up, showing one of the ports plugged and connected, which made me happy, but, since it wasn't in fact grabbing dhcp,

i've rebooted it, including the "30 sec" power unplugging thing.

ever since then, at each and every boot, the leds on the eth connector go lit at first,

then, as soon as there comes the grey apple screen, they go dead off and later on, when the system is loaded, both the ethernet ports show as cable unplugged. i've tried with each of the two ports, and also with both ports plugged at the same time.

i've tried cpus=1.

no luck whatsoever.

it's never come up "connected" since that one initial time, when it looked promissing

for a short while.

any ideas? clues?

tia,

jj

• 3 weeks later...
Guest tylerch94

Umm How come every time I start a torrent or download a file I get a weird but funny message telling me to shutdown my computer in a million different languages? :D

Umm How come every time I start a torrent or download a file I get a weird but funny message telling me to shutdown my computer in a million different languages? :hysterical:

That is a kernel panic. You might want to try the nForceLAN.kext instead. If you still have problems I would recommend a different kernel (such as the Voodoo XNU beta 2c).

• 2 months later...
how can i install the kext...somebody please :)

Use Kext Helper b7....... :star_smile: