Discontinued

iNoob

155 posts in this topic

thank you so much!!! after much headache trying to get planetbeings driver to work (it instantly locked up my mouse/keyboard every time, no matter what i tried), this driver worked for me right off the bat... like most other people i need to use cpus=1 or there are fairly instant lockups when downloading, but that's ok for now.

i'm using the onboard ethernet on my nforce4 board, CK804 ethernet, for those interested.

if you use "cpus=1" functions you will get only 1 core given very slowly performance.

if you skipp this out ... your lan ethernet will cause your system to freeze while download the large file ... then I've plans to buy another wireless USB that should be ok ...

That would be nice, netkas doesn't want to fix the desktop Sempron bug on PC_EFI, thanks.Much nicer if MikeInS released his driver's source code.Man, if you post and shortly after post again, the posts will merge. LOL, I think I Suhail should see this /\

im just wondering, does Intel CPU with nForce Ethernet Controller be able to download large files using both cores? Cause i have AMD CPU with nForce Ethernet Controller but panics when utilising both cores when downloading large files. I was just wondering if it was the way Intel and AMD handles multiple cores? If so, might need 2 separate kexts. By the looks of it the driver works fairly well on cpus=1 but cant see why it would panic as soon as both cores are used.

But it could be my inexperience with mac and its mechanics.

I love people who cant understand the concept of reading a single post from the thread they are posting in. And the same question ends up getting asked every single reply. I mean, if you are THAT lazy, and cant read a page o0.r two, at least read the last 2 or 3 replies to the thread, they can usually say a lot about the most updated workings of what the thread is about, and peoples experience, or questions.

Now, I installed, was jumping for joy when on board lan worked on restart. I was told it was a 0% possibility on board would work, and id be buying a NIC soon. To my dismay, I was crashing all over the place trying to download the kalyway update to 10.5.2 (I am still at 10.5.1!). Of course cpus=1 works, but as we all know this is a lame workaround :rolleyes:

And in other news that is about to go in another, more appropriate thread! 10.5.2 update will not install!

guys am also stuck. i first installed it, i downloaded an 18mb file plus speed test and it did not crash. i restarted the pc, and this time it crashed when i did speed test. so i changed the setting to half duplex which made it some what stable until i tried to download a 200mb file. it crashed after like 150mb was downloaded. i tried cpu=1 but still get the same freeze. just want to say it works fine for normal web browsing, but when i download anything big whether its cpu=1 or not it freezes and i have to shut down using the power button.

by the way i want to say thank you so much for the hard work this is a really good start, thanks again.

my spec is:

AMD Athlon X2 4600+

Gigabyte M570sli-s4 rev 1.0

8gb Ram

8400gd xfx graphics card

my Ethernet according to everest is Marvell 88E1116 PHY

everything runs fine, sound, video etc. it all runs perfect no freeze no crash except for the lan. by the way I'm using leo4allv3.

thanks again for every one in the community for all this. :blink:

I'm on ASUS M2NPV-VM AMD Athlon 64 Processor 3500+. This is how I did it:

1. Fresh installation of Leo4All V2. Selected AMD-System-Fix, but no third party drivers selected

2. Once new installation setup/reg is done, I used the built in Kext Helper to run nForcEthernetDriver.kext

3. System told me a new network interface is detected

4. I went into settings and choose DHCP, which allocates a valid IP address right away

5. Kext Helper said everything's done, and asked to reboot

6. No reboot yet. I logged in here straightaway to report my success!!

Thank iNoob!!!

i've gotten this driver to crash even with cpus=1 (although it takes much much more throughput utilization). will my issues be fixed if i just purchase a USB NIC (i.e. be able to use both cores and stable internet regardless of throughput)?

I just tried this, it recognised my ethernet but i still could not access the internet.

When i rebooted i found out that it wont boot anymore. It just stays stuck on a stupid message saying something like waiting for something (cant remember what it was now).

Anyway i can undo that kext?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi! Ihave tried your driver. Everething works fun under Leo4All v.2 whit two cpu (I haven't downloaded big files yet).

The problem is.. here are dual NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller (PHY: Marvell 88E1116) on my Abit Fatal1ty AN9 32X, but system has detected only one of my controllers. It shows it like "en0". where is the second one? May be some have any ideas?

• 3 weeks later...

I have a Marvell 88EC031 and FINALLY it detected it but when I renew the ip because i have dhcp the internet doesn't work :)

Even if the ip was wrong couldn't you still connect to something local like my router? Even weirder is when I boot up into osx I see my router and dsl flash for a couple seconds but then thats it Please help, I'm so close!

worked for a day with cpus=1, now it freezes when downloading large files even with cpus=1. keep trying, and let us know when you fix it, i would love a 100% reliable nForce5 kext.