• Please log in to reply
154 replies to this topic

timeflux

timeflux

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
I loaded this kext file and my M2N-E board with nForce 570 chipset started to see the network card, I manually assigned an IP and started browsing. But the system kept freezing after some time, especially when trying to download files.

I also tried cpus=1 but the system still froze. I think this kext is a good start for nForce 570 chipset. Keep up the good work.

w00l

w00l

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
thanks a million

it works for my M57SLI-S4 on Leopard 10.5.2

but I have to add "cpus=1" to make the system stable, otherwise it will crash when I use BitTorrent or download large-size files

can you resolve it ?

timeflux

timeflux

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Ha ha ha ha ha I am Doctor Frankenstein :) I have made an nForce LAN driver using Forcedeth and nForceEthernetController, but I need subjec... er... testers! to make it work properly. So, please help me doing this! Also give me your opinion! Thx planetbeing and MikeInS for this!
IMPORTANT NOTICE: If you use this driver and your LAN is still not working, unplug you computer for 30 secs or so. Also try unpluggin' your modem for 30s-1m.

Hey iNoob, is there any update to this new driver? Is it stable yet? Thanks

iNoob

iNoob

Powered by Intel Core 2 Duo 

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts
No it's not stable yet.

GaBy2

GaBy2

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
I'm using Leopard X.5.2 with a dual core AMD processor and I got a kernel panic every time I try to download a file (Asus M2N32-Sli Deluxe with nVidia nForce 590 SLi). It does not freeze when using cpus=1
I hope you will find a fix very soon !

Dickincorp

Dickincorp

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Are there any updates for this in Leo 10.5.2 M2N sli deluxe board the network is 'active' but i am unable to get an internet connection, just wondering if there is an update or another kext that may work for me. thx very much for getting me this far.

ZeroHart

ZeroHart

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Ha ha ha ha ha I am Doctor Frankenstein :) I have made an nForce LAN driver using Forcedeth and nForceEthernetController, but I need subjec... er... testers! to make it work properly. So, please help me doing this! Also give me your opinion! Thx planetbeing and MikeInS for this!
IMPORTANT NOTICE: If you use this driver and your LAN is still not working, unplug you computer for 30 secs or so. Also try unpluggin' your modem for 30s-1m.

Hello I tried using this Kext
I have Iatkos r3 and the Kallyway Update 10.5.2
I installed the kext before the kallyway update
I am using the EVGA 680i SLi mobo

I did everything you said! but get no connection actually I have to enter with -x -y because if I try to boot normally it just does not boot

iNoob can you help me with this please?

iNoob

iNoob

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts
Sorry, but my OS X install won't boot. If someone could say to me how to enable NX on M2NPV-VM...

Lava

Lava

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
I am a total noob when it comes to OS X, im am really sorry since this is a stupid question, but, to install this, all i should have to do is move it into /system/extensions right? I have no idea what i am doing and would appreciate some help.

I have a Evga 680i SLI mobo, and i have to type -x to actually be able to boot, i don't know if that info will help.

iNoob

iNoob

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts
There is a tool that will help you on installing kexts. Serach Google for "Kext helper".

n0otro

n0otro

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
Thanks for the great work iNoob! This driver works great(almost) on my GA-m55plus-s3g rev1.0 !

I can browse the web no problem, I can download 4gb+ torrents no problem!

The one problem I do have though is with local networking. I have a 500gb Time Capsule that I use as my router and my desktop is connected via ethernet to the Time Capsule. I can see other wireless computers(I also have a Macbook Pro) on my network, but I cannot connect to them (yes file sharing/remote desktop management is all turned on). I can ping them, and get data back, but I cannot connect via afp or ssh. It says connection refused. I can also ping the desktop from my MBP.

I know it's not a problem with my sharing settings, because I also have a wireless DWL-g122 dongle that i've tested on the system, and with the wireless dongle i'm able to connect and manage the desktop remotely. I'd also like to be able to connect to my time capsule to backup the system, but when connected via ethernet it cannot see the time capsule, only via wireless can it see the time capsule.

Any ideas? How should I begin troubleshooting?

Thanks for any advice!

iNoob

iNoob