Discontinued

iNoob

155 posts in this topic

Try setting manual IP address. I don't have a MCP55 board, but a MCP51 one, and this driver works fine for MCP51 boards, at least mine does, even DHCP!

I already did assign the IP manually but it did not work.

Morever, its fixed! :blink:

I used your kext in my MCP55 .. i just unplugged the power cord for 1 minute and unplugged my router (1 min) < the key

Before, when I was unplugging the power cord only, it doesnt work. The key was unplugging both router and PC powercord :thumbsup_anim:

Thanks for you help!!

Having never touched a mac before I came across the OSx86 project, could I just confirm how to install this? I can then test it on my Asus P5N-E SLI motherboard.

Terminal

sudo -s

(password)

sudo mv /users/MyName/desktop/nForcEthernetDriver.kext /system/library/extensions/

sudo chmod 755 /system/library/extensions/nForcEthernetDriver.kext

sudo chown -R root:wheel /system/library/extensions/nForcEthernetDriver.kext

rm /system/library/Extensions.kext

rm /system/library/extensions/cache/com.apple.kext.info

kextcache -k /system/library/extensions/

exit

Is this correct?

Terminal

sudo -s

(password)

sudo mv /users/MyName/desktop/nForcEthernetDriver.kext /system/library/extensions/

sudo chmod -R 755 /system/library/extensions/nForcEthernetDriver.kext

sudo chown -R root:wheel /system/library/extensions/nForcEthernetDriver.kext

rm /system/library/Extensions.mkext

rm /system/library/extensions/cache/com.apple.kext.info

kextcache -k /system/library/extensions/

exit

I don't have the problem of the 169 IP after updating to 10.5.2. Now my only problem is downloading anything. I have a 20/5 connection, so as SOON as I start a download (such as getting Firefox when I first got stability), I get the "You need to reboot" error. So, this still isn't "stable"? Just curious, but THANKS MUCH! for getting a working NIC for me.

It doesn't seem to work at all. Before I apply it it doesn't recognise that it's plugged in, then after it refuses to transmit data, and if set to DHCP then it assigns itself an 169 IP address thing. Manually it won't connect either.

Are there any other generic Marvell drivers which might work?

Oddly I'm using an Asus P5NE-SLI, listed on the hardware page as "LAN-working out of the box". No it isn't!

Ah no problem, I'd forgotten the whole take the power cable out business. Seems to be working - writing this post from it now. Any good ways of testing it's reliability let me know what I can do.

Cheers!

Ha, I love speaking too soon.

No, surfed for about 20 mins with about 12 different tabs and it threw up a kernel panic. Haven't tried the cpus=1 thing though, would prefer not to since I'm all for dual-core goodness.

Any other drivers out there to try?

I tried both extensions on an Asus M2N-SLI Deluxe with a dual nForce 570 / Marvell 88E1116 controller on OSX 10.5.2.

I managed to get both working by unplugging my computer for 30 seconds. Was able to surf a bit but trying to download two files simultaneously crashed the computer.

Haven't tried cpus=1. Might do that later...

Hi,

Thank you again for the kext.

It works on me fine. The only problem is everytime I boot to xp and then go back to mac, I have to do the 30 sec thing again. I do this everytime I change OS from XP to Leopard ..

Is there a way to fix the 30-sec removal powercord thing everytime you switch OSes?

Thank you!

After using it a little bit longer I have found that this is an extremely unstable version. I am randomly getting complete freezes when using the internet and I cannot download anything from it as this also causes a freeze. Its an awesome start but it needs some work.

I loaded this kext file and my M2N-E board with nForce 570 chipset started to see the network card, I manually assigned an IP and started browsing. But the system kept freezing after some time, especially when trying to download files.

I also tried cpus=1 but the system still froze. I think this kext is a good start for nForce 570 chipset. Keep up the good work.

thanks a million

it works for my M57SLI-S4 on Leopard 10.5.2

but I have to add "cpus=1" to make the system stable, otherwise it will crash when I use BitTorrent or download large-size files

can you resolve it ?

Ha ha ha ha ha I am Doctor Frankenstein :) I have made an nForce LAN driver using Forcedeth and nForceEthernetController, but I need subjec... er... testers! to make it work properly. So, please help me doing this! Also give me your opinion! Thx planetbeing and MikeInS for this!

IMPORTANT NOTICE: If you use this driver and your LAN is still not working, unplug you computer for 30 secs or so. Also try unpluggin' your modem for 30s-1m.

Hey iNoob, is there any update to this new driver? Is it stable yet? Thanks

I'm using Leopard X.5.2 with a dual core AMD processor and I got a kernel panic every time I try to download a file (Asus M2N32-Sli Deluxe with nVidia nForce 590 SLi). It does not freeze when using cpus=1

I hope you will find a fix very soon !

Are there any updates for this in Leo 10.5.2 M2N sli deluxe board the network is 'active' but i am unable to get an internet connection, just wondering if there is an update or another kext that may work for me. thx very much for getting me this far.

Ha ha ha ha ha I am Doctor Frankenstein :) I have made an nForce LAN driver using Forcedeth and nForceEthernetController, but I need subjec... er... testers! to make it work properly. So, please help me doing this! Also give me your opinion! Thx planetbeing and MikeInS for this!

IMPORTANT NOTICE: If you use this driver and your LAN is still not working, unplug you computer for 30 secs or so. Also try unpluggin' your modem for 30s-1m.

Hello I tried using this Kext

I have Iatkos r3 and the Kallyway Update 10.5.2

I installed the kext before the kallyway update

I am using the EVGA 680i SLi mobo

I did everything you said! but get no connection actually I have to enter with -x -y because if I try to boot normally it just does not boot

iNoob can you help me with this please?

I am a total noob when it comes to OS X, im am really sorry since this is a stupid question, but, to install this, all i should have to do is move it into /system/extensions right? I have no idea what i am doing and would appreciate some help.

I have a Evga 680i SLI mobo, and i have to type -x to actually be able to boot, i don't know if that info will help.