This doesn't work anymore. Use this instead:
http://www.insanelym...howtopic=125569

xgxxgx

xgxxgx

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Sorry i want to know that can it use in leopard 10.5.2?My Motherboard is nForce 550,but i find a driver which can only use in tiger,need one for leopard.Do you have a MSN?I Have some questions to ask you.thxi test it in My leopard,it can't workbut thanks for your kext!

8ender

8ender

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
Reporting success here so far. Worked flawlessly with cpus=1 and so far its also working fine with both cores enabled as well. I tried transferring a few large files to and from my file server to test it with both cores and it hasn't panicked yet. It also seems to be much faster than the older driver, but I might be imagining that.I have an Asus M2N-E with the nForce 570 chipset and thank you very much for working on this driver.

Edit: Spoke too soon. Leopard panicked while downloading a torrent and then again when loading some thumbnails for movies stored on a network share. Everything seems fine with cpus=1 added to the boot plist again.

iNoob

iNoob

Powered by Intel Core 2 Duo 

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts
OK, thanks for the feedback. Try this one.

Sorry i want to know that can it use in leopard 10.5.2?My Motherboard is nForce 550,but i find a driver which can only use in tiger,need one for leopard.Do you have a MSN?I Have some questions to ask you.thxi test it in My leopard,it can't workbut thanks for your kext!

Try this one on Leo and report if it works. Also try the kext on the above post and tell me your results. If you have a dual-core CPU, try it with both cpus=1 and nothing when booting. Test also its stability, transfering large files.
Edit: the kext is here below, sorry :D
||
\/

Attached Files

solidus23

solidus23

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Ha ha ha ha ha I am Doctor Frankenstein :) I have made an nForce LAN driver using Forcedeth and nForceEthernetController, but I need subjec... er... testers! to make it work properly. So, please help me doing this! Also give me your opinion! Thx planetbeing and MikeInS for this!

Hey great job man... I have a m61p-s3 mobo nforce 430 built-in lan. It recognizes it but it cant connect to the internet i get a weird address when i use dhcp... it is starts as 168.***.***.*** . I dont know what the problem is, but you have made some great progress. Thanks

goodhzg

goodhzg

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Edit: the kext is here below, sorry
||
\/

Attached File(s)
forcedeth.kext.zip ( 49.11K ) Number of downloads: 10

not work in leo

maxag

maxag

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

OK, thanks for the feedback. Try this one.Try this one on Leo and report if it works. Also try the kext on the above post and tell me your results. If you have a dual-core CPU, try it with both cpus=1 and nothing when booting. Test also its stability, transfering large files.
Edit: the kext is here below, sorry :)
||
\/

It works in Leo but freeze mouse and keyboard on my MSU platinum while loading large files.

iNoob

iNoob

Powered by Intel Core 2 Duo 

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts
Strange because my LAN works OK, freeze problem is very common and it is not solved yet, so plz wait and people who want to use it with Leo use the kext on the 1st post too.

bobbydmarriott

bobbydmarriott

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
Solidus,

My apologies if my suggestion is equivalent to asking is "it plugged in". But did you go to the network preference pane and set up the network card in the preference pane manually. You should also check the network card's setting under the advanced, ethernet, pane to ensure that your card is being set up properly.

That address usually comes up due to some type of set up issue not due to a kext issue. (Usually).

8ender

8ender

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
The freezing problem is an odd one because as far as I can tell it happens when there is a lot of different connections at once and not necessarily in a high throughput situation. For example transferring a 4GB file from a network share full of video files works fine but creating the thumbnails for all of the video files causes a panic.

Torrents seem to be the easiest way to cause a panic, I get one pretty much instantly after I load a torrent with lots of peers.

iNoob

iNoob