2. Update to 10.5.2

3. Back-up AppleIntelGMA950.kext

*AppleIntelGMA950GA.plugin

*AppleIntelGMA950GLDriver.bundle

*AppleIntelGMA950VADriver.bundle

*AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext

4. Install Natit.kext of Paulicat

5. Update Leopard Graphics

Note: You can either install first the Leopard Graphic Update before adding Natit.kext of Paulicat into your Extensions...and if wont work Install the Leopard Graphic Update again..

***I use Iatkos r2

***Find for Kalyways 10.5.2 update (this works fine with my system)

***Just download the Leopard Graphics Update Manually

I hope this guide will help you!!!

Goodluck!!!

i did fix my acer 4310 (video/audio) with gfx+sfx string.... the problem is i can't shutdown this laptop, the lcd goes blank the wifi led is on and the power led.... need to press the power button for 5 secs to completely power it off.

I think the problem is with AppleHDA.kext of taruga which is needed for the audio to work 100%(internal and external speakers/ mic working)

do you have the same issue on your acer 4310, kabayan?

Note

Tested both on kalyway and iatkos.(10.5.2 and Graphics update 1.0)

IntelGMA950 (27a2=8086) finally WORKS!!! (fixes mouse tearing and artifacts,external and internal display works, QE-CI) on my ACER Aspire 4310:

Here is what i did:

I installed Iatkos v1.0r2 with EFI, then i installed the 10.5.2 update.I back-up the gma950 related kexts,bundle & plugin including AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext. After that, i tried to installed the leopard graphics update 1.0 but it went to blue screen after reboot.So i need to re-install what i have back-up/original gma950 kexts, bundle and plugin and also AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext....and reboot but then still have problems gaves me even more artifacts/mouse tearing...worst!!! I installed Paulicat's Natit http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?ej2e9z2xg1d ; but then still have the artifacts/mouse tearing problems..It came on my mind to re-install the leopard graphics update 1.0 again for second time around..Fortunately, i am fixed and solve the problem about 4:30 am here in our time Philippines...It is worth trying and giving enough time to solve the problems...Thanks to the people (posts) who helped this to be fixed..Especially to Paulicat...I know that it might work or not on some systems..I hope this would help to everyone...I am now sitting drinking a cup of tea!!!

Philintosh

wonder if this "workaround" works on Dell Inspirons with gma950 as well?

edit1: just tried this but it's not working for my Dell. worth a try

Okay, I got giddy and went for it. What I did was installed Natit first, nothing got better. Then I installed the graphic update. Fixed, no more graphics issues. Thanks, Phillintosh.

Why does this work? Hmm... curious. Apparently Natit fixes some dependencies or something?

System:

Gateway MT6705

Intel Core Duo T2060 1.6GHz

1 GB DDR2 533 mhz

GMA950 video (obviously)

vanilla kernel, Kalyway 10.5.1 + 10.5.2 update w/ 9.2.0 kernel, all apple updates installed.

Okay, I got giddy and went for it. What I did was installed Natit first, nothing got better. Then I installed the graphic update. Fixed, no more graphics issues. Thanks, Phillintosh.

Why does this work? Hmm... curious. Apparently Natit fixes some dependencies or something?

System:

Gateway MT6705

Intel Core Duo T2060 1.6GHz

1 GB DDR2 533 mhz

GMA950 video (obviously)

vanilla kernel, Kalyway 10.5.1 + 10.5.2 update w/ 9.2.0 kernel, all apple updates installed.

So, installing natit first it will boot correctly, with the right resolution after I update ?!?!

Thats all you did ?! 

i did fix my acer 4310 (video/audio) with gfx+sfx string.... the problem is i can't shutdown this laptop, the lcd goes blank the wifi led is on and the power led.... need to press the power button for 5 secs to completely power it off.I think the problem is with AppleHDA.kext of taruga which is needed for the audio to work 100%(internal and external speakers/ mic working)do you have the same issue on your acer 4310, kabayan?NoteTested both on kalyway and iatkos.(10.5.2 and Graphics update 1.0)
I didnt encounter this problem you have had "he problem is i can't shutdown this laptop, the lcd goes blank the wifi led is on and the power led.... need to press the power button for 5 secs to completely power it off."I installed my Iatkos v1.0r2 fine at first (without the patches) but with mouse tearing, sound works only on internal,no mic and low volume..I fixed it installing Taruga's ALC268Installer5.app...Now i can play music internal and external with mic...i didnt do the gfx/sfx string..Please do a fresh install and choose the best driver,patch needed for your system (according to the readme)...as of now i am working to fix the broadcom 5787 ethernet lan...(it shows that my ethernet is working but wont work if i choose dhcp, i have to choose manually...but still the same as problems of everyone=no mac address and i tried everything including the hexedit..still no luck..hopefully someone will help us fix this issue..As wifi on Acer is so bad...)
So, installing natit first it will boot correctly, with the right resolution after I update ?!?!Thats all you did ?!
install natit then reboot...(back-up everything needed;to be sure) install update and see how it works for your system....mine, after all can change resolution, mouse tearing fixed, no glitches on mozilla anymore...

I didnt encounter this problem you have had "he problem is i can't shutdown this laptop, the lcd goes blank the wifi led is on and the power led.... need to press the power button for 5 secs to completely power it off."I installed my Iatkos v1.0r2 fine at first (without the patches) but with mouse tearing, sound works only on internal,no mic and low volume..I fixed it installing Taruga's ALC268Installer5.app...Now i can play music internal and external with mic...i didnt do the gfx/sfx string..Please do a fresh install and choose the best driver,patch needed for your system (according to the readme)...as of now i am working to fix the broadcom 5787 ethernet lan...(it shows that my ethernet is working but wont work if i choose dhcp, i have to choose manually...but still the same as problems of everyone=no mac address and i tried everything including the hexedit..still no luck..hopefully someone will help us fix this issue..As wifi on Acer is so bad...)install natit then reboot...(back-up everything needed;to be sure) install update and see how it works for your system....mine, after all can change resolution, mouse tearing fixed, no glitches on mozilla anymore...

you're talking about this patch? Realtek ALC 268 WORKING hmmm... i've used it already i did reinstall iatkos last monday but still the shutdown problem presist.... well will try this weekend and will used natit instead.

So, i make my tets, and is great result, I made this:

Intel 945 GNT with GMA950 integrated

System : 10.5.2 EFI V8, mach_92 by Toh

Previously, I have problems with display graphics, only 1024x768, and with Dock the icons no bigger effect, but no problems like mouse tearing.

Ok so, i put Paulicat's Natit, natit.kext in Extensions Folder.

Then i installed Graphics Update from apple update

Reboot, and like say Marliwahoo nothing change...., but i tried one think Marliwahoo says in other post: install a Appleintegrattedfamebuffer.kext v. 1.4.20. Ok, so i putted and replaced bin Extensions Folder.

I change permissions in this file anf forced to load:

sudo chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext

sudo chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext

sudo kextload -v /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext

Then reboot and..

Now i have all resolutions possible, great!!

Still problems with Dock :)

I tried your method Philintosh but still the same for me.

I first installed the Natit kext and rebooted to make sure it had been loaded.

Then installed the Leopard Graphics Update but all I get is the white screen with

the RGB lines going down it.

I don't understand why this keeps happening to my Vaio.

The mouse tearing is most worse for me when using Office 2008.

I used to get mouse tearing on Firefox but installed Beta 3 yesterday and get none at

all now.

I hope someone can help me out with my problem.

(By the way I'm running Kalway)

So, installing natit first it will boot correctly, with the right resolution after I update ?!?!

Thats all you did ?! 

Yep, thats all I did. It may not mean anything, but I had all the other updates installed as well before I did this as well.

Apparently, however, this does work for everyone.

As Phillintosh, I also have the Device ID of 0x27a2, and the Revision ID of 0x0003.

• 3 months later...

Update for Dell Inspiron E1505/6400 users with GMA950. I got it to work without mouse tearing or artifacts for the first time on my notebook. Note that this is likely very system specific. I apologize if this has been posted before.

See my sig for details on my system. I had Kalyway 10.5.2 installed when I started with 10.5.3 upgrade. As commonly observed, I still had mouse artifacts on memory hungry programs such as MS Word, Adobe PS...

Sleep never worked. Only lid closing would work, but it wouldn't really sleep (power light would still be steady instead of blinking). I did have screen saver on enable when mouse moved to top right corner. This was done because the notebook would wake up from lid close sleep with black screen and I could invoke screen saver and got my desktop back that way.

This may be a combination of things or plain due to an upgrade to either one of the two things below. I don't know the details yet. The only thing I know is that it works.

I first upgraded with Jas 10.5.3 combo update. After the system booted I was welcomed with a blue screen and nothing happened. Only after about 5-10min. (got this by chance), the desktop would slowly build up and be fine after that. Everything else was the same as before, mouse tearing, no sleep...

I did not apply smbfix (maybe should have to fix long boot time, not sure).

Instead I downloaded Kalyway 10.5.3 combo update and installed right over it. I then used modbin's kernel to replace current.

System rebooted fine and right into the desktop. It returned to a black screen. I moved my mouse into the top right corner and voila the desktop came back (screen saver invoked). I then noticed that there was no mouse tearing or artifacts, everything was perfect. I uninstalled mousepose and still no mouse tearing or artifacts.

so, for some reason the 10.5.3 upgrade corrected this issue. I have no idea at this point why this, but I am happy.

All I had to do next was to fix sound for sigmatel and everything is working except sleep and only 1 CPU.

I would be happy to hear experience by others who have E1505/6400 with gma 950 who installed either of the combo updates. I will dig in deeper to find what caused the fix. I'd be great to hear from the more experienced folks here where exactly to look for. Maybe it's possible to make a simple package to fix gma950 on dells now?

thanks

edit 1: sorry, my bad. when I wrote screensaver I really meant sleep/wake function. You need to enable sleep/wake on mouse to active corner of screen. When you get the black screen after boot, move mouse into active corner and the main laptop monitor will wake up. without artifacts!

i recently updated my friend's dell e1405/640m (very similar to e1505 just smaller) also with GMA950 using the apple 10.5.3 combo update.

Got blue screen on first boot, replaced AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext with previous version, and voila, perfect as you say. Must be updated gma950 kexts that fixed it.

Haven't tested sleep or whether the screen comes back on by itself after closing the lid now, would be interesting to find out.

i recently updated my friend's dell e1405/640m (very similar to e1505 just smaller) also with GMA950 using the apple 10.5.3 combo update.

Got blue screen on first boot, replaced AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext with previous version, and voila, perfect as you say. Must be updated gma950 kexts that fixed it.

Haven't tested sleep or whether the screen comes back on by itself after closing the lid now, would be interesting to find out.

I have the same laptop which update did u install????

with kalyway I still get mouse artifacts did you use jas????

I would like to know more details what 10.5.2 distro you had, what kernel ,which update and how you have done it.

The method from the great deceiver did not work for me.

thank you maybe Ill solve my mouse artifacts seen that is exactly same laptop -_-

hey guys, great info here. i'm using a dell 640m/e1405, and for the first time running osx86 - very interesting to say the least. i have vista installed and was able to create dual boot with kalyway 10.5.2 .

during the install i selected an option for gma950, and it seems to have worked well. i do get some cursor artifacting, but very very little.. mostly happens in firefox. i'm wondering if this is the issue with gma950 that we're trying to fix? or is there other issues with the 950 as well?

to the guys with sigmatel 9200 - how easy is it to get it working? i've been reading quite a bit and really dont understand how to use the HDApatcher and sigmatel9200 dump. can anyone point me in the right direction on this? i'd love just a quick how to with this one specifically

thanks

very easy search for hda patcher I use version 1.2 plus sigmatel 9200 dump .

you place the text on top of patcher and then it will start automaticaly.

do a reboot and you ll have sound