5.1 sound?

Ianxxx

6 posts in this topic

Does anyone have 5.1 sound working?

There doesnt seem to be any lists of hardware that really take this in to account.

The only card I can find anywhere that supports this is

Pinnacle M-Audio Revolution 5.1 £50

Anyone know of any cheaper alternatives?

• 2 weeks later...
you can setup your integrated sound card for 5.1 sound. i can only get the front and rear speakers working (so far), the central/sub don't seem to work at the moment, but others have reported success.

Not with my soundcard I have a CMI8738

already have sound coming out of four speakers and sub

but only stereo.

Tried aggrogate device, won't let me set it up

Does anyone have 5.1 sound working?

There doesnt seem to be any lists of hardware that really take this in to account.

The only card I can find anywhere that supports this is

Pinnacle M-Audio Revolution 5.1 £50

Anyone know of any cheaper alternatives?

Depends on whether you have working firewire (an old SB audigy series card will do) but the Griffin FireWave I bought works great for 5.1 I got it for $49.99US, an alternative for the firewire port would be a Dynex brand 3 port card with the Augere L-FW323-06 chipset they work well. I looked into getting that card and the drivers I ran across for it were like 2-3 years old for Tiger so who know whether they will work.

best bet to get the sound blaster usb. The m-audio works in theory.. but its drivers havent been updated in years..

The sound blaster usb will get all the correct ports working.. but it doesnt come with simple software to set up the 5.1... you have to go into midi devices.. and aggregate a new device.. assigning front channels, rear, center, and sub respectively.