Changing from Standard to Nested Forum View

Louse76

10 posts in this topic

I will be viewing the forum and it will be in standard format, one reply after another, chronologically, and then later I will come back and it will be in nested views. I simply cannot stand nested views (sorry :poster_oops: ). Am I doing something odd? Tell me that you can switch between them both and I am not going nuts.

Thanks so much for any help!!! :thumbsdown_anim:

I've never come across that problem before. Try emptying your internet history and cookies and log out and log back in again - that should clear any problematic sessional variables or settings. Other than that i'm at a loss.

Okay, after fiddling around. I now realize why we had a descrepency.

With my browser, it's an obvious location, "at the bottom of the page". But then I realized, since I used Firefox, that the "NoScript" plugin was on blocking, I was able to see this option. But when I unblocked this site, the option disappeared.

My guess, if the admins are reading, has to do with the template of this board. Depending on what the browser has enabled, you can see or not see it. In our case, if the browser does have scripts enabled, you can't see this option (you also can't see the google ad).

So as a quick fix, I would THINK, that if you disable your "script" for the duration of setting the board to "Standard" mode, it should fix your viewing problem. Since you can't toggle inbetween website, with scripts, you probably want to re-enable it shortly after.

You should have an options button at the upper righthand part of your screen. (Right next to the Reply and New Topic buttons). If you click on that, it should give you the viewing options you're looking for!

Netrat, that's very interesting about the script thing. Can you post some screenshots in both browsers? Thanks!

Yeah, I actually found that thread right before checking up on this one.

It seems to be stored in a cookie, and as stated in the other thread, it can be fixed by clearing cookies and cache and also was caused by an option when searching posts (I really wish the default on that option was fixed).

And thank you so much for pointing me towards where the view can be changed at the top right.

Does anyone like the nested (aka outline) views? They make me want to just 'end it all' when there is something that I need to read and they are stuck in that view... a la dpreview.com.

Thanks thanks thanks!!

• 3 weeks later...