16 Custom OSx86 Drive Icons

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

jbjonas

jbjonas

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts
  • Interests:OSx86 ;-) <br />Networking<br />VW<br />Electronica<br />Cosmol...
So I have been dying to put some nice looking icons on my desktop, for my OSx86 and XP drives. Through trial and error, I have figured out how to create some decent ones using Photoshop, CocoThumbX, and Iconverter. So after I figured all this out and made my personal drives, I made a few more for anyone else out there in a similar situation. I must continue to give all credit for the fancy Photoshop work (I really suck) to Dave Brasgalla, who contributes a lot of awesome Icons to iconfactory.com. I used several of his drive Icons as bases for adding some images that are relevant for the rest of us :gun: Anyway, check out his awesome stuff: http://www.iconfacto...query=brasgalla

So here are the icons. Enjoy, and please let me know what you think (suggestions for improvements, requests) and also let me know if you need me to post them in another format.
Posted Image

Attached Files

Eggman

Eggman

I've got the master plan!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 251 posts
Here's what you should do... There's a Distort tool, and when you put the pictures on the drives, distort them so that it looks more stamped onto the drive instead of floating above it. ^_^

jbjonas

jbjonas

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts
Thanks for the idea Eggman. I'll look into it as soon as i get permission from the base icon creator (see post #40 here)
And goo-goo-ka-joob to you sir (I am the Walrus) :)

dponmac

dponmac

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts
  • Interests:being cool
i would get rid of the "xp" on the windows drives, and also the "OS" on the "X" drives and do the logo like how its done on this site with the "X" inbetween 8 and 6

just a thought..

spclffred

spclffred

Spclffred

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
no offense jbjonas, but did u get permission from the original artists to release those icons, i dont want to sound like an a** but, ive release artwork where someone would change something and re-release as if it was theyre own without crediting me. Like i said im just wondering. :)

jbjonas

jbjonas

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts

no offense jbjonas, but did u get permission from the original artists to release those icons, i dont want to sound like an a** but, ive release artwork where someone would change something and re-release as if it was theyre own without crediting me. Like i said im just wondering. ;)

spclffred, I agree with you, and this was already pointed out by Ralleria... Unfortunately I have gotten no response from my email to the original creator. So as he has chosen not to reply, I have decided for now, to leave my earlier work up for others to use, but I will not continue to revise, or make more icons based on the same set. :D So as to the suggestions for changes, I appreciate them all, but I won't be continuing work on this unless I hear from the original creator. I will re-send my original email to him, however, and thanks for the reminder spclffred. ^_^

spclffred

spclffred

Spclffred

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
ok then and great job. ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy