Logic pro 7.2 Intel on 8ffff is running! Amazing fast

airhon

29 posts in this topic

My configuration, is P4 3.0 sse3 1 gb Ram 80 gb hd sata intel 900 CI QE asrock motherboard. 2 unitor8 linked, AC 97 working very well at every frequency, emi 2:6 working very well at 24 bit also, my primary sound card.

buffer size was 32, 64, 512,

i have tested very well yesterday, all the day mixing, i never had a crash. i never had a processing power issue?!?!?, i was free of do wath i wont also in extreme experimental crazy inserts situation. rock solid.

only 2 things seems to dont work well.

- Logic node, it crash the master application side

- and i have tried to make it run on a notebook with sse2 only and no CI QE but it crash after start.

ok, now i wont buy a new soundcard. multichannel 8x8 any ideas of a version that yet is working????

i whold buy a 828 from motu but i know there is a few problems any ideas?

thanks and feel free to ask.

• 2 weeks later...
My configuration, is P4 3.0 sse3 1 gb Ram 80 gb hd sata intel 900 CI QE asrock motherboard. 2 unitor8 linked, AC 97 working very well at every frequency, emi 2:6 working very well at 24 bit also, my primary sound card.

buffer size was 32, 64, 512,

i have tested very well yesterday, all the day mixing, i never had a crash. i never had a processing power issue?!?!?, i was free of do wath i wont also in extreme experimental crazy inserts situation. rock solid.

only 2 things seems to dont work well.

- Logic node, it crash the master application side

- and i have tried to make it run on a notebook with sse2 only and no CI QE but it crash after start.

ok, now i wont buy a new soundcard. multichannel 8x8 any ideas of a version that yet is working????

i whold buy a 828 from motu but i know there is a few problems any ideas?

thanks and feel free to ask.

Motu has drivers ready, RME has drivers readyMaudio has firewire/USB beta drivers and the new Apogee Ensemble would be the shiznit if you can afford it. It's plug and play and has controls already built into Logic 7.2.

BTW, did you say you're SSE2 notebook didn't fly? Bummer. I got a pentium 4 2ghz machine I'd love to get running logic 7.2 until I can afford a mac desktop. I'm on pro 6 and I got the xskey. Plan on upgrading soon

Wow shound great that the Pro Versions run now.

I will try in my SSE2 machine next week.

Right now im running Logic express trial wich works quite well, right now on my internal AC97.

The performance could be better, but again for a laptop whit only SSE2 its acceptable.

I attached a screenshot! and my machine spec´s is in my signature....

Gonna build me a new Desktop machine for the PRO vers.

this is a happy day! :(

BTW..

it would be nice to have an "only" Music/Audio applications FORUM thread here!! :)

post-5850-1140784668_thumb.png

hi,

just wondering if anyone has anymore detail on logic 7.2 stability on hackintosh? Stuff like do all the synths work fine etc Im just curious if perhaps apple have put in some extra protection against running it on non apple hardware that might only pop up when you attempt something in particular.

Im trying to decide whether to invest in building a system as i already have logic 7 and am barely getting by on a powerbook 800!.

Any details would be great

thanks

n

WUhuuuuu!!

Logic Pro 7.2 now running on my SSE2 laptop.

Its smooth and performing very well!

I uploaded af screenshot... see the difference on the system

load from my earlyer post from Logic 7.1.1 express.

next stop : building a desktop to run logic and buying it!

:)

post-5850-1140885066_thumb.png

WUhuuuuu!!

Logic Pro 7.2 now running on my SSE2 laptop.

Its smooth and performing very well!

I uploaded af screenshot... see the difference on the system

load from my earlyer post from Logic 7.1.1 express.

next stop : building a desktop to run logic and buying it!

:hysterical:d

Could you please check and see how the node application runs on your sse2 laptop? I had a great idea of rackmounting my p4 2ghz machine and using it for nodes with my powerbook.

Node does not work.

it crashed logic.... i had to reinstall logic before i could open it again:(

doesn´t node need G5 processor to work?

Logic Pro 7.2 is supposed to be a universal binary which means the node should be unibin as well. So no, it doesn't have to be a G5, it should work on both platforms.

From Apple website they said that for IntelMac Logic 7.2 version Osx 10.4.4 is required(title said Logic Pro running... on 8ffff). Does this could be the problem here with the node mode? Anyone here running Logic 7.2 with Ver. OsX 10.4.4? Any feedback?

I have Logic Node running on the hackintosh. Pro running on my powerbook 12" 1.5GHZ. Bleeding off dsp power over 100MBit ethernet. It is not working without a glitch, but I have to try some tweaking here and there.

One important thing is to check 'open using rosetta' in the details of Logic node on the hackintosh.

and I strongly agree in opening a special forum dedicated to audio appz!!!

So, i have 2 REAL xskeys and have installed Logic Pro 7.2 (the REAL Logic Pro, not the fake hybrid). And i still cant get Logic to run. The xskey is plugged in and im trying to run the universal binary. Basically it gets to the arrange page, and the says 'Logic has unexpectedly quit..."

Any help is greatly appreciated!

:censored2:

/lc

Oh yeah, and im running osx86 10.4.3 8f1111 on a P4 3.2 clocked at 3.84 (it comes up as a dual 3.84!!! - HT ) with 2gb ram..

/lc

So, i have 2 REAL xskeys and have installed Logic Pro 7.2 (the REAL Logic Pro, not the fake hybrid). And i still cant get Logic to run. The xskey is plugged in and im trying to run the universal binary. Basically it gets to the arrange page, and the says 'Logic has unexpectedly quit..."

Any help is greatly appreciated!

:D

/lc

Oh yeah, and im running osx86 10.4.3 8f1111 on a P4 3.2 clocked at 3.84 (it comes up as a dual 3.84!!! - HT ) with 2gb ram..

/lc

Hey,

Firstoff, its not fake! Its just the best that can be done at the moment as noone seems to be cracking it properly!

Take a look at this:

http://forum.osx86project.org/index.php?s=...indpost&p=71396

and this:

http://forum.osx86project.org/index.php?s=...indpost&p=71551

they explain more about what it actually is...

Secondly,

Have you installed Apple's Pro Application Support package? Theres 2 different relevant versions - the 3.0 version (originally brought out for 10.4.3 so its the only one ive tested) and the 3.1 version (for 10.4.4 so it may work i don't know). You'll need them if you want Logic to work...

Here's the links:

v3.0:

http://www.apple.com/support/downloads/pro...0macosx104.html

v3.1:

http://www.apple.com/support/downloads/pro...1macosx104.html

Hope it works for you...

JD

You cant crack an Xskey

else it would have been done by now..

yes you can crack Cubase.. but not Logic.

anyways, im still patiently trying to get this happening...

maybe i should post the error code...