[HowTo] Intel GMA 900 (for 915GM and 910)

Andy4life

686 posts in this topic

hmm...its 215mb download...do i install that update or do i only extract the certin files from it? If its just the two files then would you mind uploading it please?...also shouldnt a 10.4.7 update be included in 10.4.8?

thanks

You mount the DMG File, then open the pkg File with Pacifist, choose

/System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework

/System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntel915.kext

/System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext

/System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntel915GA.plugin

/System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntel915GLDriver.bundle

and install it there with Administrator Rights to your OSX Partition, if it ask to Update/Replace, then first do Update and if you cant choose Update, then Replace.

• 2 weeks later...
Hello Anybody!!!

First, sorry about my english, is not good!

Well, I found a temporary solution for the BLUE SCREEN "bug"!

I read the 28 pages of this topic, and i saw that the people can't use the Mac Os X because this bug. Well, my solution is very simple, but, it solve a porcentage of the problem.

I'm using the Mac Os X 10.4.6 by JaS. This solution is based in to move all the AppleIntel video boards drivers and use the Generic Video Board Driver (Compatible VGA driver).

To start the Mac Os X in text mode, type -s in the boot. After, type:

/sbin/mount -uw /

sudo -s

Now, type your root password. With this commands, you enter in root mode and you can write in the hard disk. Now, type:

cd /System/Library/Extensions

Well, we need to move the Apple Intel drivers to other directory ( in this case, the / directory)

mv AppleIntel915.kext /

mv AppleIntel915GA.plugin /

mv AppleIntel915GLDriver.bundle /

mv AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext /

Now, you need to reboot. Type reboot

The computer reboot, boot the Mac Os X, load all files and... YEAH! You are in the Mac OS X Desktop!!!

Ok, your Mac Os X booted with a Generic Video Driver and you don't have all functions and accelerations of you video board, but, it's better then a blue screen, not ?

I wait to helped you. :P

Geléia HP (in english, is Jam Horse Power)

Mac Os X 10.4.6 User.

HP nx6110 on Intel 915 whis metod work.

• 1 month later...
You mount the DMG File, then open the pkg File with Pacifist, choose

/System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework

/System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntel915.kext

/System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext

/System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntel915GA.plugin

/System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntel915GLDriver.bundle

and install it there with Administrator Rights to your OSX Partition, if it ask to Update/Replace, then first do Update and if you cant choose Update, then Replace.

Is this the right file? http://www.apple.com/support/downloads/mac...combointel.html.

I opened it with Pacifist and it only seems to have the 950 drivers in it. Do you know of any other place to get the above-mentioned files?

First I want to thank everyone for all the possible solutions. I have just recently begun toying with Mac Os installs and I admit I'm hooked. It really is a great operating system. It feels like super polished Linux to me.

Anyway for the last few days I have been installing Jaz 10.4.8 on a Compaq Presario V4000 laptop with a 1.6gh Pentium M processor and the Intel 915GM chipset. The install went well and I used the SSE 2 kernel and it booted fine. Only problem is I got completely garbled video. So I basically did everything that was listed in the posts below.

Attached paperclip to vga pin 5 and 12 and booted with safe mode without CE/QE of course.

Tried Andy4life guide and you get blue screen with large blocks moving round, this is after the grey bootscreen.

and there are no values in the kext that meet the info required. or AppleIntel830.kext, AppleIntelIntegratedGraphics.kext.

Tried upgrade, tried installing 10.4.8 JaS without GMA915, still same no QE & CI.

In the 10.4.6, there are no ref: to GMA950, just 915, and all works ok, so took out all ref: GMA950 from 10.4.8 and installed 915 from the working 10.4.6 still same no QE & CI.

tried the diabolik patch and you get kernel panic,

also tried

1. Do not install JaS.10.4.8.GMA.900.Support.pkg during maininstall of the OS

2. Install this from the installdisc after the main installation.

Remove following files:

* /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelGMA950.kext

* /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelGMA950GA.plugin

* /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelGMA950GLDriver.bundle

* /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelGMA950VADriver.bundle

Then do:

CODE

sudo chown -R root:wheel AppleIntel915.kext

sudo chmod -R 755 AppleIntel915.kext

sudo rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions.mkext

sudo rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions.kextcache

sudo diskutil repairpermissions /

reboot

get garbled video.

Finally after reading 2 days of messing around I found a post here that said this was due to missing opengl.framework. So I followed the instuction below with the exception I used Paciist to install the packages instead of doing it manually in Terminal. Lo and behold everything works finally got CE/QE and all packages work like IWork and slow down in Quicktime.

The instruction that worked are:

After some playing about, I found a major issue. The gma900 installer in the installdisk Jas 10.4.8 does NOT install the OpenGL.framworks. You need to do this:

Go to the jas.10.4.8.GMA900.support.pkg install file (on install dvd at /system/Intallation/packages), right click on it and goto show file contents. Go into Contents. There will be a archive.pax.gz (or similarily named). You need to unzip this file to your desktop. (double lick it and it will auto unzip to desktop).

Goto terminal

Do a sudo -s

cd /Users/yourname/Desktop/Archive/Frameworks

cp -r OpenGL.framework /System/Library/Frameworks/

cd /Users/yourmname/Desktop/Archive/Extensions

cp -r AppleIntel* /System/Library/Extentions/

On both replace any files it wants to overwrite.

chmod -R 755 AppleIntel*

chown -R root:wheel AppleIntel*

then open diskutil and do a repair permissions. This should repair the OpenGL.framework.

After all that is done, DELETE any AppleIntelGMA files, and the AppleIntelIntegrated anything. Reboot... whala!

Also my hard drive did have the opengl.frameworks files but I replaced them with the packages from the Jaz 10.4.8 disk. Did not need to modify the kexts any further. PS upgraded to 10.4.11 everything works with some occasional sound stutter.

Now only have some audio stutter issues to deal with.

Could someone be so nice and explain me how to install gma 900 on my pc. I've amilo pro v3205 and from wikipedia I know that I have to install gma 900. I can now go to the single mode and write commands (because I get blue screen when I boot in normal mode). I've downloaded gma 900 package but it's just zip file and when i unzip i get folder with some files, i can't get what to do with this. Please help me because i'm getting insane with that.

I just can't find any info in web.It's just crazy.

Thanks,

AA

• 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...

sorry

I have a toshiba M70-165 Intel ® 915G Express

I installed the iDeneb 10.5.8 all OK

now

I would like to install the retail 10.6.3 but I have difficulty to access the desktop

with some even failing to boot baypassare this error at the end of me still waiting for root device

I can not go on

04042009506.jpg

dfgdfgde.jpg

• 1 month later...
sorry

I have a toshiba M70-165 Intel ® 915G Express

I installed the iDeneb 10.5.8 all OK

now

I would like to install the retail 10.6.3 but I have difficulty to access the desktop

with some even failing to boot baypassare this error at the end of me still waiting for root device

I can not go on

04042009506.jpg

dfgdfgde.jpg

Can you let us know which settings you used to get everything working? Especially the 915 Graphics? I currently have mouse tearing using a combination of elliot's kext loader and a modified framebuffer...