[HowTo] Intel GMA 900 (for 915GM and 910)

Andy4life

686 posts in this topic

I just updated to 10.4.8 and now it seems that CI and QE isn't supported....any way to fix this? If anybody could help me out that would be awesome!

install the gma900 patch from an old install disk and that should clear that up.

Also, I notice that my Vram is 64Mb Shared. Could it be changed to maximum of 128? which is the maximum of the laptop's.

Matthew

dosent matter its just what it shows you shouldnt have an actual decrease in performance.

install the gma900 patch from an old install disk and that should clear that up.

Thanks man! That could be a problem....i dont have an older disk....the disk i used was the 10.4.6 one and my bro has that....no telling when i'll be getting that back. any chance anybody could send me the file?

Mr Diabolik...

Thankx for your patch...now My Intel GMA 900 has fully supported QI and CE features.

You are the best :lol:

Yeah, me too!!! Awesome and thank you...

Only issue I still have if someone has any thoughts, is this. Took me quite a while to get two wire trick to work in a fashion. MBasically i have to cycle FN/F2 at leat 4 or 7 times while booting grey screen, otherwise no ways. Problem is that I can't activate mirror at all (back to blue screen). I have to take dongle out, then redetect dispays so that i can see whole screen. I can live with it, but mirror would be better... Any ideas?? 2nd screen with dongle shows 800x600@85 while laptop display is 1280x1024. Part of problem??

EDIT: Got it sorted! :) Changed resolution of laptopd display to 800x600. Was then able to mirror. After this all resolution options on 'external screen'(2 wire dongle) was available, changed ext screen to 1280x1024@60 and that sorted everything. Now laptop runs at 1280x1024 and I don't have to remove dongle (still have to Fn/F2 four times to get macosx86 to boot.)

Hey everyone. I would like to get my GMA900 graphics card working with QE and in order to do so, I need AppleIntel915.kext from Mac OSX

10.4.5. I do not have time to download the entire operating system for one small file. Can someone please take the time to PM me the AppleIntel915 from 10.4.5?

Thanks in advance,

-AppleOnHP

I have a strang problem with my GMA900 (915GM on my Aspire 1640Z ).

With 10.4.6 I have no problem. It was slow but with JAS GMA900 patch it was ok.

Now I try to use the 10.4.8 (jas ppf1) (with hope to get the sound working...) but on startup I have a strange bug. I see the cursor but everything else is blue and black squares. It "work" since I can clic where the apple should be and shutdown the compter. If I start in Safe Mode there is no problem (except it's slow, and to evertything work). If I use the GMA900 patch include on the DVD it doesn't change anything. I tried with the patch from my 10.4.6 DVD and it give me a kernel panic on startup...

Any idea ?

I have a strang problem with my GMA900 (915GM on my Aspire 1640Z ).

With 10.4.6 I have no problem. It was slow but with JAS GMA900 patch it was ok.

Now I try to use the 10.4.8 (jas ppf1) (with hope to get the sound working...) but on startup I have a strange bug. I see the cursor but everything else is blue and black squares. It "work" since I can clic where the apple should be and shutdown the compter. If I start in Safe Mode there is no problem (except it's slow, and to evertything work). If I use the GMA900 patch include on the DVD it doesn't change anything. I tried with the patch from my 10.4.6 DVD and it give me a kernel panic on startup...

Any idea ?

I have the exactly same problem here... :)

Ok, i managed to get CI and QE running doing the following steps:

1. Do not install JaS.10.4.8.GMA.900.Support.pkg during maininstall of the OS
  2. Install this from the installdisc after the main installation.

Remove following files:

• /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelGMA950.kext
  • /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelGMA950GA.plugin
  • /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelGMA950GLDriver.bundle
  • /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelGMA950VADriver.bundle

Then do:

cd /System/Library/Extensions
sudo chown -R root:wheel AppleIntel915.kext
sudo chmod -R 755 AppleIntel915.kext
sudo rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions.mkext
sudo rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions.kextcache
sudo diskutil repairpermissions /
reboot

This worked for me.

Use the Diabolik GMA900 Fix, it works!

Did not work for me on my Dell Insipron 630m laptop with GMA900, it hangs on blue screen upon boot.

Luckily, it was a fresh install, so I simply reinstalled, love the 15min install time!

Did not work for me on my Dell Insipron 630m laptop with GMA900, it hangs on blue screen upon boot.

Luckily, it was a fresh install, so I simply reinstalled, love the 15min install time!

Do you repaired permissions before reboot????

Do you repaired permissions before reboot????

Nope, thought the installer took care of that? (I'm too used to windoze...)

I'll try that now, installing for the third time today :)  Can't get the audio to work correctly, so I've been trying different things to get it to work.

EDIT: Repaired permissions, still hangs on blue screen at boot. Oh well... Back to the drawing board.

Nope, thought the installer took care of that? (I'm too used to windoze...)

I'll try that now, installing for the third time today :(  Can't get the audio to work correctly, so I've been trying different things to get it to work.

EDIT: Repaired permissions, still hangs on blue screen at boot. Oh well... Back to the drawing board.

Put your hardware configuration...we couldnt help you without more information.

Put your hardware configuration...we couldnt help you without more information.

Dell Inspiron 630m

Display 14.1 inch WXGA LCD Panel 1280x800

1,73GHz Pentium M 740, 533fsb, 2mb cache (Dothan)

2x512MB DDR2 SO-DIMM 533MHz

Video Card Integrated Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 900

Hard Drive 60GB 5400RPM Fujitsu Hard Drive

Integrated Broadcom 440x 10/100 NIC

Integrated Intel 8280/ Sigmatel 2000 Sound (not too sure about this one, got it sort of working playing through integrated speakers)

Optical 8x CD/DVD burner (DVD+/-RW) with double-layer DVD+R write capability

Wireless Networking Cards Intel PRO 2200 Internal Wireless (802.11 b/g, 54Mbps)

Most of the hardware works through patching, except wireless, haven't tried and don't really need it yet. The most aggravating problem however, is that i can't set the correct resolution (1280x800, 60hz), the display is locked at 1024x768, millions of colours, n/a refresh rate.

And the Diabolik GMA 900 FIX did not work, neither do the GMA900/GMA950 packages that are integrated on the "JAS 10.4.8 Intel/AMD sse2/sse3 PPF1 & PPF2" install DVD.

I would love some help:)

What version of OS X are you using, which kernel ?

I've got the "JAS 10.4.8 Intel/AMD sse2/sse3 PPF1 & PPF2" with Semthex 8.8.1 kernel I believe

EDIT: Seems to be working now! Had to do the paper clip trick. Thanks for the help!

Hi everyone,

I have a dell d610 notebook (Intel GMA900) which also faces the same problem. It wont boot past the blue screen unless I attach an external display and export the display during boot (right after bios). Then I am able to get a picture on my external monitor (with QE&CI supported), however I cldnt find a "mirror" option in the system prefs -> displays. Maybe its not detecing the lcd display at all?

any ideas what i shld do? I'll ry diabolik's drivers tonight.

thanks,

tuxx

EDIT: worked with diabolik's kexts + dongle

so i recently acquired an HP dv1000 with a celeron m (pin modded from 1.5ghz/400fsb to 2.0ghz/533fsb) on a 915gm/910 chipset. like everyone else, i need an external monitor to start it, but the paperclip trick wouldnt work. any suggestions? my understanding is that the dongle thing accomplishes the same thing but its easier to remove, like for dual booting xp, is that correct? the diabolik patch gets me qe/ci, but the monitor is still a problem. when i use the paper clip trick i get a 800x600 screen that is non-functional.

I have a Sony Vaio FS640/W and installed Diabolik patch however to get past the frozen blue screen I have to press the "Fn" + "F7" three times at the exactly right time to get the laptop to boot to the Desktop. This is really hard to do and I only get the key combination to work 1 out of 50 reboots.

This key cobimation is used to switch to the external monitor when windows is installed, however it does not work when the MacOS is operational.

I tried connecting up an external monitor and it just displays the same thing as the laptop screen when booting. When I finally get to the desktop, the external monitor does act as a second screen and all of the Graphics Drivers are working working correctly.

Just need to get by this one annyoing problem. Any suggestions?

Forget my last post the paper clip trick worked just great, Pin 1 -6 and Pin 2 - 12

Now I just need to get the internal network card and wireless working.

PS if you have this same model of (Sony Vaio FS640/W) laptop, make sure you turn off all Hard Drive sleeping functions. It completely freezes your computer up if the OS goes to sleep.